Lana Posts Emotional Video Denying She Had Rich Parents + Living In A Trailer Park

AbeHicks

18 hours ago, Communion said:

I don't think you're making the point you think you're making by failing to realize anyone who comfortably owns their own home no matter it's valuation is instantly then removed from the "We had absolutely no money" conversation and that such a description can easily be dismissed as dramatized and false. 

Be proud of owning a home. Be proud of having comforts. Everyone wants to cosplay as poor in America. It's weird. :redface:

You can have absolutely no money and have a home. Like? :deadbanana4:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrokenMachine

• RideOrDie

• Communion

• NOW

4 minutes ago, gettsleazy said:

You can have absolutely no money and have a home. Like? :deadbanana4:

Some of you are just being unserious and have no interest in discussing the material reality of being poor and instead are blind standing a woman who continually talks out of her ass on multiple issues. From Trump to domestic violence to racism in America to even her own experiences, this woman is clearly not articulate outside of music and its fine to accept that.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

Some of you are just being unserious and have no interest in discussing the material reality of being poor and instead are blind standing a woman who continually talks out of her ass on multiple issues. From Trump to domestic violence to racism in America to even her own experiences, this woman is clearly not articulate outside of music and its fine to accept that.

Hey babe, I really enjoy your posts and have supported you in the past and enjoyed some good banter. I get that your intentions are good and you're trying to support people who are actually poor.

I'm personally quite offended by your weaponization of the "material reality of being poor."  Your hostility is incredibly misplaced, especially when you have no clue who you're talking to, like me, somebody who was actually materially poor in a way many people on this board will never understand. 

My parents went bankrupt during the recession. My house was foreclosed. I didn't have a Christmas for multiple years and lived on lunchables and WalMart frozen dinners. My showers were literally timed. I don't think I owned a new piece of clothing for years and when my only pair of sneakers ripped it actually was a financial stressor to get them replaced. Yet for the years this was going on, my parents owned a two story home. Am I, like Lana, not materially poor? Did I not struggle enough to qualify to speak on this like you're accusing Lana of? 

My chagrin with your comments is not in defense of Lana. I was just annoyed and offended at how confidently you felt speaking on poor people when you are literally wrong about homeownership as it relates to poverty. The implication that a homeowner cannot face the material realities of poverty is just a blatant falsehood. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, gettsleazy said:

My parents went bankrupt during the recession. My house was foreclosed.

This is what I mean when I say some of you are only invested in identifying with Lana because you stan her. What kind of comparison to Lana and your own situation makes sense when....her family didn't lose their home? They comfortably owned it until recently selling it for nearly $700,000 dollars? :redface:

You quoted my post - a post that responded to her family's assets and wealth and her father's career and yearly income. You decided from all of that that it was unfair to hold her parents comfortably owning a home as evidence that she's lying and dramatizing her experiences.

Was your father working in corporate America as an ad executive? Did your family move to a rural part of a state explicitly because their wealth would stretch farther and they wanted to live even more comfortably?

If no, then you're just reiterating my point about the stark contrast between your own experiences or anyone who has undergone similar like losing their home and how such is at direct odds with the kind of dramatization Lana has made up in her head. 

Literally no context is relevant here besides wealth and its relation to homeownership in the late 90s of America. You're talking about how some homeowners experience poverty, and that's true, but the vast majority of poor Americans, upwards of 70%, do not own their home. Homeownership is a sign of wealth. Someone who comfortably made six figures was affluent. The life even Lana's father describes is not one of being impoverished and that some people refuse these basic facts is making me lose my mind. :redface:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

8 hours ago, Communion said:

This is what I mean when I say some of you are only invested in identifying with Lana because you stan her. What kind of comparison to Lana and your own situation makes sense when....her family didn't lose their home? They comfortably owned it until recently selling it for nearly $700,000 dollars? :redface:

You quoted my post - a post that responded to her family's assets and wealth and her father's career and yearly income. You decided from all of that that it was unfair to hold her parents comfortably owning a home as evidence that she's lying and dramatizing her experiences.

Was your father working in corporate America as an ad executive? Did your family move to a rural part of a state explicitly because their wealth would stretch farther and they wanted to live even more comfortably?

If no, then you're just reiterating my point about the stark contrast between your own experiences or anyone who has undergone similar like losing their home and how such is at direct odds with the kind of dramatization Lana has made up in her head. 

Literally no context is relevant here besides wealth and its relation to homeownership in the late 90s of America. You're talking about how some homeowners experience poverty, and that's true, but the vast majority of poor Americans, upwards of 70%, do not own their home. Homeownership is a sign of wealth. Someone who comfortably made six figures was affluent. The life even Lana's father describes is not one of being impoverished and that some people refuse these basic facts is making me lose my mind. :redface:

Now put this same energy into getting a job because I’m so tired of seeing your name in EVERY single thread on here :redface:

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

This reminds me of when Gaga had to carry her piano up her 5th floor walk up in the lower east side.

:suburban:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.