Lana Posts Emotional Video Denying She Had Rich Parents + Living In A Trailer Park

AbeHicks

Oooh i just know her AOTY “White Trash From Lake Placid” is coming!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrokenMachine

• RideOrDie

• Communion

• NOW

i was living in a hostal

in 17th street

when i played on saturday night live 

look how i got this

i was living in a hostal

white trash from lake placid

publishing deal in germany, austria and switzerland

until i met cristina

living in a hostal

in 17th street

summer summer, is almost gone

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

Spoiled Lake Placid girl whose friend managed lady gaga and hangs with the "elite boarding school kids" lived in a trailer park because she was so "avant garde" and wanted to **** off with her friends, and then blamed it on her uncle for giving her financial aid.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 7

people need to leave my girl alone. so many pop girls come from wealthy or rich families yet no one uses that against them and my middle class fave from a rural town who worked 4 jobs like waitressing and singing at bars while living in a trailer park and on boyfriend couches somehow still gets **** about this cause the media was so against her AUTHENTIC self just because she was playing dress up and paying homage to old hollywood starlets she had to be fake, rich and manufactured! y'all know the troubles she had with drinking and her mom, she kept getting sent away cause they didn't want her around, you think they were like funding her when their relationship was so strained and they probably cut her off when she was like 16-18? people who know nothing about my girl just talking ****... ENOUGH

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

IDK it's so weird. Her father was interviewed and spoke in detail about his career, and it doesn't sound like someone who was doing manual labor in a small town :deadbanana4:. Plus he was given his own boat for his 10th birthday. Isn't that like a rich people thing?

And yet she dares to say 'my father was a woodworker' :toofunny3:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Liafen said:

Oooh i just know her AOTY “White Trash From Lake Placid” is coming!

how hasn't this been an album title already

I get her point but… Her father had investments, properties, was venture capitalist, etc. and I remember even HE said so himself at some point. It’s very clear she came from at least a middle class background, why is she doing all of that especially when no one’s holding it against her anymore??? It’s giving when she released QFTC about being disliked by critics during her most acclaimed era, like… ?? 

Edited by conquxror
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

I believe Lana. It's funny because where I work at now, and also where I temporarily seconded not so long ago, people think I come from an ultra rich family, which is not the case at all. Like *****, i would not be working if I was so rich 

Born Poor - The Album, with first single “EBT Cards Scattered in the Walmart Parking” would literally destroy careers

UNLEASH it queen :heart:

• Haha 4

That sense of adventure carried him through his surprisingly varied and eclectic working life: “I’ve had restaurants, boat-building companies, rustic furniture, advertising, the internet, real estate. And a lot of them I still have,” he says, waving each venture across an imaginary sea with his hand. He made his start in New York City in his twenties working at the prestigious Grey Group advertising company. Playtex was one of their accounts and they had just discovered a new niche in bras. Right away they gave me a beautiful office of glass overlooking New York City. And that’s how my career started.

Like??? Woodworker?? girl…

5 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

And yet she dares to say 'my father was a woodworker' :toofunny3:

1 minute ago, conquxror said:

I get her point but… Her father had investments, properties, was venture capitalist, etc. and I remember even HE said so himself at some point. It’s very clear she came from at least a middle class background, why is she doing all of that especially when no one’s holding it against her anymore??? It’s giving when she released QOFT about being disliked by critics during her most acclaimed era, like… ?? 

she is doing all of this because she feels it's unfair that people attribute her success to her family having some money when this criticism is not being directed towards any other pop girl who actually came from really wealthy families. 

she told her story a billion times, her relationship with her parents was strained they probably weren't giving her much if at all, patty kept sending her ass away and trying to get rid of her you think they were like giving her a lot of money so she could do her singing gig for like 7 years? she was working like 4 jobs and she built her own career and her own money! i would be pissed if i worked on making it all by myself for 7 years and suddenly when i get all this success people are like oh yeah your family is rich??? when they were probably giving her minimal if not non-existent financial OR emotional support! 

• Thanks 5

Just now, conquxror said:

Like??? Woodworker?? girl…

does rustic furniture not involve any woodwork now?

14 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Spoiled Lake Placid girl whose friend managed lady gaga and hangs with the "elite boarding school kids" lived in a trailer park because she was so "avant garde" and wanted to **** off with her friends, and then blamed it on her uncle for giving her financial aid.

Why don't you go and listen to Artpop and leave this thread?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

I don't take away from her personal experience and how the struggle while growing up is be real, but I have so many doubts about her personal life everytime she addresses the fact she had no money.

Like, they had no money, but they still were able to hang out in high social circles, there are reports and pics (even posted by herself) of luxurious parties with rich people, also having enough status of pre-fame Lady Gaga and Lindsay Lohan. Then, she had enough money to go to University and get a degree, which is way more than what the average person gets nowadays :lakitu:

PS. It was still nice for her to go into so many details about that stuff. It's bad she had to do it because she felt pressured into doing it tho, like, it doesn't really matter :gaycat6:

She went to an expensive private boarding school in NYC because she had a relative who worked there and she was let in on financial aid and merit.  So that's free.  Meeting extremely wealthy and well-connected people is extremely easy when you are only surrounded by that at school, and so if she went to one of their parties, she's suddenly rich?  She got into Fordham on merit and financial aid scholarships as well, which can lower the cost to be comparable to a community college or even free.  She worked four jobs to pay to live in the city before her music career took off.  She explains most of this in the video you just watched.  What is not clicking?  People who continue to question her childhood and backstory are the reasons why she continues to feel the need to make statements like this.  It is disrespectful to her.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

She's so oblivious. :rip: She was at the very least, upper middle class. And not her dad refuting her point. lol

Why do well-off people want to cosplay as poor so bad? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

she is doing all of this because she feels it's unfair that people attribute her success to her family having some money when this criticism is not being directed towards any other pop girl who actually came from really wealthy families. 

she told her story a billion times, her relationship with her parents was strained they probably weren't giving her much if at all, patty kept sending her ass away and trying to get rid of her you think they were like giving her a lot of money so she could do her singing gig for like 7 years? she was working like 4 jobs and she built her own career and her own money! i would be pissed if i worked on making it all by myself for 7 years and suddenly when i get all this success people are like oh yeah your family is rich??? when they were probably giving her minimal if not non-existent financial OR emotional support! 

I mean I totally get that. But I feel like she’s reaching a little bit with the “I was poor” narrative. Or at least that’s how it’s coming across to me — but then again, I’ve always felt Lana expresses herself really badly outside of music so Idk She’s always sounding a little bit alienated to me

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

When the scat gifs arrive on Analboards

:deadbanana4:

EXCUSE ME?

LMAO I honestly don't know what you're talking about but it took me by surprise 

1 minute ago, eleganceislearned said:

upper middle class

"Lived in a trailer park" but she's "upper middle class"?:suburban:

She wouldn’t be name dropping actual people who knew her if she wasn’t telling the truth, some of y’all need to chill and touch some grass :rip:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Archetype said:

"Lived in a trailer park" but she's "upper middle class"?:suburban:

I lived in a trailer park at one point during my parents divorce but was definitely always middle class.

4 minutes ago, Archetype said:

She went to an expensive private boarding school in NYC because she had a relative who worked there and she was let in on financial aid and merit.  So that's free.  Meeting extremely wealthy and well-connected people is extremely easy when you are only surrounded by that at school, and so if she went to one of their parties, she's suddenly rich?  She got into Fordham on merit and financial aid scholarships as well, which can lower the cost to be comparable to a community college or even free.  She worked four jobs to pay to live in the city before her music career took off.  She explains most of this in the video you just watched.  What is not clicking?  People who continue to question her childhood and backstory are the reasons why she continues to feel the need to make statements like this.  It is disrespectful to her.

Well, that pretty much clears all of my doubts. Maybe I just lost the bit of the relative working there and that's why it felt like something was missing from her explanation :giraffe:

Spoiler

Still, her own father denying some of it is a kii :deadbanana2:

2 minutes ago, M!X said:

why is this even relevant 10 years after her mainstream debut, did something happen? :deadbanana2:

She just got angry over a comment on instagram an OLH made :redface:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, LOTF said:

:deadbanana4:

EXCUSE ME?

LMAO I honestly don't know what you're talking about but it took me by surprise 

You must be new to the fandom 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.