Slayyyter - 'STARFUCKER'

Kayseri Mantisi

20 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

Honestly this is a very well rounded project. It’s such a polished pop record that still has its early Slayyyter moments ( Purr and Plastic :WAP: )   Even the tracks y’all hate the most (Rhinestone Heart & Tear Me Open :biblio:) to me are amazing. And the visuals. The quality of everything. The vinyls, the merch. Ms Cathy deserves every bit of success coming her way. I’m happy the vinyls sold out :weeps:  i’ve also been loving the interviews. She is very in touch with who she is as an artist and the industry.
If you’re lurking and reading this, I just wanna say…. 

ANNOUNCE A TEXAS DATE ***** :weeps:  

Tear Me Open is amazing though

ezgif-1-46479f5000.gif

Ghosttt - Letters - Tear Me Open ahhhh

ezgif-1-46479f5000.gif

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freaky Prince

• STARFUCKER

• Pendulum

• Club classic

Okay I’ve had enough time with the album and this is definitely AOTY 

• Thanks 2

Ugh I am so obsessed with this album. Every listen it keeps getting BETTER. I just put it on shuffle and wow every song has its own sound and feels like a potential single. Ive definitely been keeping up with Slayyter over the past few years and ive loved some of her singles but i didnt expect her to come out in 2023 and slay me (pun intended) like this. Im so happy for her. :jonny5:

Side note: I couldnt help but think of Kim Petras while listening to her album. This was supposed to be her moment and her sound. What happened? :deadbanana2:

Edited by Onyxmage

13 hours ago, sad girl said:

Its SO ******* good I can't stop playing I Love Hollywood!, Dramatic, My Body and Purrr

Same. Every time I listen to it i feel l  like I hear another song and I im like wait, this song SLAPS!

Edited by Onyxmage

19 hours ago, Prodigal Self said:

Tear Me Open is amazing though

ezgif-1-46479f5000.gif

Ghosttt - Letters - Tear Me Open ahhhh

ezgif-1-46479f5000.gif

OMG the ******* taste :jonny: these 3 highlights

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sbenci said:

Starfucker>Mixtape>Troubled Paradise imo

You're right, and you should say it!

I feel like no one else will top this for me the rest of the year (in terms of the pop girls). 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 9:19 AM, americanlife said:

Not into this album. Very generic disco pop revival Ava Max/Kim Petras type music.

Thank you for your take American Life! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sbenci said:

Starfucker>Mixtape>Troubled Paradise imo

Selftitled is still #1 for me, the way she had even less budget than she has now but still made the masterpieces that are track 1-9 :jonny: and every track after that is also great

I fear both TP and SF have some skips for me

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Onyxmage said:

Ugh I am so obsessed with this album. Every listen it keeps getting BETTER. I just put it on shuffle and wow every song has its own sound and feels like a potential single. Ive definitely been keeping up with Slayyter over the past few years and ive loved some of her singles but i didnt expect her to come out in 2023 and slay me (pun intended) like this. Im so happy for her. :jonny5:

Side note: I couldnt help but think of Kim Petras while listening to her album. This was supposed to be her moment and her sound. What happened? :deadbanana2:

Kim has never been the glitchy Ayesha/PC music type of girl which are Slayyyter’s origins, they come from different fields of pop

1 hour ago, Cain said:

Kim has never been the glitchy Ayesha/PC music type of girl which are Slayyyter’s origins, they come from different fields of pop

but like Kim, this feels like Slayyyters most commercial effort (for the most part) but Slayyyter still kept the quality and stayed herself. I dont even recognize Kims modern music compared to say Turn off the light where she was just so much edgier and more original. I know they have different sounds but I feel like Kim has lost a lot of what made her style great. :doc:

Edited by Onyxmage

Dramatic is insane :jonny5:

This album is serving rYwImIT.gif but gothic

8 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

but like Kim, this feels like Slayyyters most commercial effort (for the most part) but Slayyyter still kept the quality and stayed herself. I dont even recognize Kims modern music compared to say Turn off the light where she was just so much edgier and more original. I know they have different sounds but I feel like Kim has lost a lot of what made her style great. :doc:

In general, I would say that Troubled Paradise is by far her most commercial effort yet (I mean look at how poppy and GP-friendly the songs were as well as the actual budgeted music videos she got). This very much feels like the album we were actually meant to get after her mixtape. It's the perfect progression in sound and songwriting while still remaining true to her established style / sound. 

In regards to your Kim comment though, I completely agree. She's a shell of who she once was. :coffee:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

Well that’s all true :cm:

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

legs, sex, party, drugs

smiling isn’t glamourous

dont bring Cathy she’s a cunt

that bitch would embarrass us

poet

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bandito said:

In general, I would say that Troubled Paradise is by far her most commercial effort yet (I mean look at how poppy and GP-friendly the songs were as well as the actual budgeted music videos she got). This very much feels like the album we were actually meant to get after her mixtape. It's the perfect progression in sound and songwriting while still remaining true to her established style / sound. 

In regards to your Kim comment though, I completely agree. She's a shell of who she once was. :coffee:

Nah. STARFUCKER is overall a more accessible listen for the average pop consumer. Troubled Paradise doesn't have anything for the locals until the title track six songs in.  

• Like 2

worm for brains to call this generic when this is a lesson in a post-phd class on pop music

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, original_lifeline said:

"Starfudger" :rip: 

I always loved this store for their Record Store Day YouTube videos but since they blew up in the stan world they became so fake, It hurts. This women never listened to a lick of Slayyyter :deadbanana:

7 minutes ago, Daddy said:

"Starfudger" :rip: 

I always loved this store for their Record Store Day YouTube videos but since they blew up in the stan world they became so fake, It hurts. This women never listened to a lick of Slayyyter :deadbanana:

you should make some youtube shorts as well, honey :heart:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bandito said:

Now... Troubled Paradise started with a song with the lyrics "***** I am the queen, White Castle. ***** real fat with a tight bleached ******," where she was also screaming in the chorus. And the song was followed by Venom, Throatzilla, and Dog House. These are not very GP-friendly.

STARFUCKER (sans the album title, Purr, and Plastic) are all pretty GP-friendly. I'll give you the music videos being more risky though.

I don't think she'll ever release a truly commercial album because she likes to keep a little bit of her signature in-your-face raunchiness in everything she does.

14 minutes ago, justin. said:

Now... Troubled Paradise started with a song with the lyrics "***** I am the queen, White Castle. ***** real fat with a tight bleached ******," where she was also screaming in the chorus. And the song was followed by Venom, Throatzilla, and Dog House. These are not very GP-friendly.

STARFUCKER (sans the album title, Purr, and Plastic) are all pretty GP-friendly. I'll give you the music videos being more risky though.

I don't think she'll ever release a truly commercial album because she likes to keep a little bit of her signature in-your-face raunchiness in everything she does.

I'm mainly talking about the singles that she released (besides Self Destruct) because that's what draws people in to listen to the actual album. Troubled Paradise, Clouds, Over This, Cowboys, etc are all more GP-friendly than anything on this album (at least to me). 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.