This Was Pop 2022 | Part 1 | Charli, Rina, Tove & Carly (Winner Revealed!)

greento

• ATRL Moderator

And the only reason why I think TTY shouldn’t win is because it’s sorta just carly doing Carly on autopilot.  Is it GOOD? Yes.  But best on TLT is kinda rude to all the other new sounds she did.  I feel the same way about NTIFY on dedicated 

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greento

• madonnas

• halcyonday

• CBC

4 minutes ago, madonnas said:

No hate for it at all but I frankly don’t think it’s that far and above the other albums.  

This literally

Yall tripping in here if u think that That album's tracks deserve to be the major majority in the Top 10

The Loneliest Time not being No.1 is an absolute disgrace…

Caught that fever, I shouldn't be here, only got me to blame

SZ4Pi2L.png

The Loneliest Time takes another loss at #04 with “Bad Thing Twice” leaving next. At first, this song didn’t stand out to me on the album, but now I return to this song the most (after “Bends”, of course). This song is Carly at her peak in my opinion, the bouncy production and cute lyrics encapsulate everything Carly does best. The song even features a cute little call-back, in its outro, to one of Carly’s earlier tracks, “Fever”, from Emotion Side B. @Ewan Chaos says “IDGAF if this feels like an Ever Again derivative track. It's gorgeous.” Not sure if @supaspaz is talking about the song or Carly herself here but both apply anyway, “She’s so dreamy.”

Lovers (10s and 11s):

11 - @halcyonday

11 - @GraceRandolph

10 - greento

10 - Ewan Chaos

10 - Supervillain

10 - Temporal

10 - madonnas

10 - Born to Run

10 - Crashed

Haters (0s and 1s):

None

• ATRL Moderator

If I had known more then ….3 ish people would give that Tove song a 10 I would have sabotaged 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• ATRL Moderator

Bad thing twice is so clearly better than the top 2 by like leagues and leagues :weeps:

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Oh wait anxious is still in ? 

please please PLEASE WIN

Okay I love No One Dies from Love and Talking to Yourself but I'd have easily given both 1s if I knew where this rate was going sidhosihdioshdioshiods

1 minute ago, NewStanner said:

Girl what is that awful top 3... Tove's worst lead single? (it's alright but still far away from the excellence of the others) The derivative Talking To Yourself? The random Carly's deluxe track that I can't even remember how it sounds like? And y'all panned Rita when every song on Hold The Grammy is better than these three :bibliahh:

literally all three of these devour 90% of HTG, factually :michael:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Okay I love No One Dies from Love and Talking to Yourself but I'd have easily given both 1s if I knew where this rate was going sidhosihdioshdioshiods

What you should’ve done is given God Thing Twice an 11.

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

What you should’ve done is given God Thing Twice an 11.

I fear it wouldn't have done enough seeing where it landed :emofish: And clearly my fave New Shapes desperately needed the extra help seeing where it landed :emofish:

6 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

And y'all panned Rina when every song on Hold The Grammy is better than these three

AbU8Bss.gif

I get anxious, could we move it to the bedroom?

mbVwdgV.png

Proving that the bonus track curse is, in fact, not real, we have “Anxious” sliding into the top 3. Another expertly crafted pure pop song, “Anxious” is a smooth bop about being insecure in your feelings for a crush. Straight away, the song was a fan favourite and many complained about it being relegated to just a bonus track on the deluxe edition when it should have been her biggest hit since “Call Me Maybe”. Three ATRLers made a point of their frustration with Carly’s decision “She won't be forgiven for relegating this to a bonus track” @cockatoo snapped. @beomgyu says “why is this a bonus track and not a promoted single” and @Virgos Groove agrees “Better than at least half of the album. Very unserious woman.”

Lovers (10s and 11s):

10 - Sanguine

10 - halcyonday

10 - Supervillain

10 - ONOPKA

10 - CBC

10 - Temporal

10 - beomgyu

10 - pavi

10 - kimberly

10 - Born to Run

10 - Quicksand

10 - Crashed

10 - cockatoo

Haters (0s and 1s):

1 - Matthew4815

• ATRL Moderator

This top 2 :ahh: no words

The Top 2..........

TOVE LO with NO ONE DIES FROM LOVE

vs.

CARLY RAE JEPSEN with TALKING TO YOURSELF

No One Dies From Love is by far far far the best song in entire top 10, majority of the rest is low key mid

ngl I'll scream if Tove ends up winning after Carly's domination for most of the rate :priceless: Though it did seem Tove was doing pretty well and flying under the radar too... 

Not my top 2

Rooting for Carly I guess

also how is good ones gone, its the only good song on that boring album

AbU8Bss.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.