Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

1 minute ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Only when the public gets scammed. In Måneskin's case no one but the runner ups complained. :foxaylove3:

As if most of Nemo's dislikes are not coming from the runner up acts stans

• Like 2

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

EBU definitely wanted Switzerland to win, it's clear as a day. 

Coming 5th in televote in the final, and 4th in their semi-final :deadbanana2:

Even the Azerbaijan jury gave them 12, which made me laugh.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to all the mess that's about to hit EBU. Some big changes are needed. I wouldn't be surprised if more countries whitdraw next year. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Dante said:

Ukraine 2nd position got 300 and Austria last position got 5 points

Can the running order effect be put to rest now

:suburban:

People got kinda superstitious about the death slot. Because of this for years the EBU put entries there that would've tanked from any spot. It's proven once again that great entries do well from any slot in the running order and bad ones tank from anywhere. Running order only helps the borderline qualifiers.

moo.png

I accidentally hide the essay I wrote - is there a way to unhide it or is it gone to ATRL hell forever :rip:

1 minute ago, POPTART said:

EBU definitely wanted Switzerland to win, it's clear as a day. 

Coming 5th in televote in the final, and 4th in their semi-final :deadbanana2:

Israel and Netherlands definitely affected Switzerland's position in televote. With Netherlands being out Croatia benefited the most as evident from semifinal. if that didn't happen Croatia and Netherlands would've split their votes from both jury and public, Israel wouldn't have been #2 at the televote and Switzerland would've probably been #2 or #3 in televote

6 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

As if most of Nemo's dislikes are not coming from the runner up acts stans

Exactly. Croatia crowned themselves with title months ago, so now they are pissed 

the amount of homophobic Croatians under Nemo's instagram posts and Youtube performance :deadbanana4:

The biggest losers for two years in a row is definitely UK. Going from big success with Sam Ryder to Mae and flop called Olly this year... :rip: Him being the only one of the night to receive ZERO points... :bibliahh:

2nd biggest loser is definitely Spain. Going from Chanelegend to Blanca Paloma last year and Nebulossa this year, both huge flops...

It will take years for both UK and Spain to repeat the 2022 success. But UK deserve that ZERO for supporting israHELL! Karma is real!

Wikipedia suggesting the controversy section should get an entire page because it is getting too big :deadbanana2: oh EBU you're such a panned mess

Schermafbeelding-2024-05-12-131849.png

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Dante said:

Ukraine 2nd position got 300 and Austria last position got 5 points

Can the running order effect be put to rest now

I think they were testing the waters this year by putting one of the favorites in a "death slot". But now they saw that the running order doesn't really matter.

So get ready for more shenanigans like these in the future

:clack:

Posted (edited)

@Fevesy Thank you :heart2:

I usually am quite active in Eurovision threads every year, this year was different after it came apparent that EBU wasn't going to do the right thing, so I spared myself from getting annoyed. But the Eurovision in me made me watch Semi Final 1 and catch up.

Spoiler

Sweden: Incredibly forgettable, which isn't surprising since Sweden always seems to send a forgettable song every time they win the contest. One of the twins was carrying the other and the song felt like a scrapped The Wanted/One Direction song, very dated. :rip: 

Ukraine: Smashed it. Beat the No.2 curse when the producers wanted to avoid a Ukraine win again. The vocals were godly, the visuals were inspiring and the rapping kinda took me out of it, but that was mostly out of surprise more than anything. Still love the song and they deserved the high televote. 

Germany: Bathroom break but happy they got their highest score in 8 years :bibliahh:

Luxembourg: Fighter reminds me of G-IDLE for some reason. Tali truly sold the song for me, the lions/tigers in the background also took me out. 

Israel: I'm not going to give that country any more airtime. 

Lithuania: The song was incredibly catchy, I think with more impressive staging and more movement (maybe dancers?) It would've slipped into the Top 10, good position for them though!  

Spain: I didn't get the hype, still don't get the hype. Deserved to flop

Estonia: Thank god this bombed, truly just NOISE.

Ireland: Bambie :heart2: The staging was incredible, and the use of dark imagery helped make Ireland stand out this year after years and years of boring, soulless songs that were chosen by a late-show audience. Bambie is a incredible person and I will always be grateful that them, alongside Nemo, Marina and Joost stood by and called the EBU out for their crap. Doomsday Blue is a song made for stage though, I don't see myself streaming it on a loop anytime soon. Hope Ireland takes the show seriously from this point onwards since I think Sweden matching their winning streak made them rethink everything. 

Latvia: I forgot this one and I'm not gonna bother listening again. A snooze.

Greece: Greek Rosalia, the song was fun, the chorus is catchy and has been stuck in my head since yesterday. 

United Kingdom: I loved Years & Years before 2 members left and it became a one-man show like Panic did; Olly shouldn't have been giving such staging like that. They focused too much on the staging than the song which is never a good sign.  Dizzy is incredibly boring on stage too. The problem we have is that we send good radio singers; we don't send amazing stage vocalists, I also worry the staging may have been too on noise with its queer imagery.  I feel sorry for Olly since he has pretty much pissed his entire fanbase and the UK general public off, I hope the BBC learns from this and maybe goes back to a company similar to TaP. A Benidorm Fest would be cute but I do not trust the UK public  :deadvision:

Norway: I have forgotten this one too, last place deserved. Funny to see them flop like this after making such a row over Sweden's win last year. 

Italy: Angelina had a perfect song but the staging completely killed any chances of a Top 5 placement, I'm surprised it did so well with the juries since it was very messy on TV. 

Serbia: Goths truly won this year.

Finland: Thank god you bombed too. Just awful, Finland likes to send repetitive formulaic artists after one has been shown to work well (Lordi, Blind Channel, Now Kaarjia) and they usually always flop, I want them to bounce back next year since I would love to see them win again after 20 years. 

Portugal: Portugal does its thing every year and it always works. Not the biggest fan of the song but I don't hate it either. 

Armenia: Sent an ethnic song, I have no strong opinions on it.

Cyprus: For a 17-year-old, Silia had way more stage presence than a lot of New-Gen American pop girls this website loves to spam. The song is basic and Cyprus loves to send pretty pop girls/guys but it works for them so I digress. Silia has much potential for an amazing pop career if she keeps up so I hope we see her around in the Greek/Cypriot music scene. Also, her dance break reminded me of Tate McRae. 

Switzerland: A deserved winner, Nemo had amazing staging (the running on a cylinder thingy made it very fun to watch, I was worried they would fall ), a powerful voice and a strong song. They just pull you in with their stage presence, thank you Switzerland for once again being the neutral of it all. I would've preferred Croatia to take it; if it was them and the Netherlands in the final, they would've spilt the vote and it would be Tel Aviv 2025.. so I'm grateful. Also, a pro-Palestine, non-binary singer winning in a year in which voting was hijacked by the right-wing is a victory.  

Slovenia: Very touchy. 

Croatia: Extremely fun, catchy and was a good breath of fresh air after all the performances we've seen so far, I would've voted for it, Silmane and Bambie if I hadn't decided to not give the Eurovision a coin this year.   Baby Lasagna made Croatia so proud and they were so close to the trophy, I hope Croatia continues its streak when it comes to their performers and we can hopefully have Zagreb before the decade ends. 

Georgia: 🛌

France: Well look at that, it did better than what half this forum was saying. Slimane was doubted by many because he overstrained his voice before the final in jury final, which is unfortunate since I think it would've gotten more 12s if his voice didn't crack, Mon Amour is pretty bleh but he once again sells it which seems to be a recurring theme this year. I hope for Paris before the decade ends too!

Austria: I get the memes, the song was a good song to end on.

A dreadful edition, Sweden put most of the budget into security for Israel. It was giving X Factor. No one looked like they were having fun in that arena after the last 24 hours. Hope Switzerland is mostly drama-free, luxury and has legend Celine Dion, Martin Osterdahl get the **** out, KAN do a Channel One Russia and leave after you get the fine. 

Edited by Gwendolyn
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

Israel and Netherlands definitely affected Switzerland's position in televote. With Netherlands being out Croatia benefited the most as evident from semifinal. if that didn't happen Croatia and Netherlands would've split their votes from both jury and public, Israel wouldn't have been #2 at the televote and Switzerland would've probably been #2 or #3 in televote

Netherlands got 40 something points from the jury compared to Croatia's 200+

And I don't think Netherlands would've been above Croatia in most countries, nor take away a lot of their votes; but they prob would've been above Switzerland as they were in the semi, which means the difference between Croatia and  Switzerland would've probably been smaller. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Komet said:

I was ofc prepared that we might not win, but still losing after:

1) clearing the public vote even with all the vile fuckery going on

2) losing to somebody who was FIFTH in the televote (and fourth in the semi, below armenia :deadbanana:) just because the jury once again unrealistically piled on votes on one country in an unprecedented amount - even more than last year. Getting 85% of possible points? Did all other 25 countries really suck that much in comparison? 

Yea, I'm still feeling sick to my stomach. We deserved to win :cries:

1 minute ago, illia said:

I think they were testing the waters this year by putting one of the favorites in a "death slot". But now they saw that the running order doesn't really matter.

So get ready for more shenanigans like these in the future

:clack:

Only favourite from Eastern Europe will be put in those slots. Northern and Western Europe will draw 10-13 or 20-26 as per usual

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

Wikipedia suggesting the controversy section should get an entire page because it is getting too big :deadbanana2: oh EBU you're such a panned mess

Schermafbeelding-2024-05-12-131849.png

when the honest vocal ***** is the source of half of the references :suburban:

11 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Croatia having more likes 

This contest is truly only for TV broadcasters to decide where they wanna go rather than people deciding best song 

but if you'd really get rid of the juries completely, there's a chance that some joke act would win every year

1 minute ago, Pendulum said:

when the honest vocal ***** is the source of half of the references :suburban:

When Georgia's ***** balloon gets a seperate section then what

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

Do you guys think Loreen will come back again in 10 years? I worry she's going to disappear again and continue music droplets after tonight 

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

5 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

Only favourite from Eastern Europe will be put in those slots. Northern and Western Europe will draw 10-13 or 20-26 as per usual

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

And we will be hating them for that

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

but if you'd really get rid of the juries completely, there's a chance that some joke act would win every year

I agree.

The reason why the juries were brought back was to combat political voting and joke acts winning Eurovision every time in the 2000s, there would be the Eastern European bloc voting, the joke acts scoring highly causing countries to downgrade quality (which made the big 5 threaten to pull out) and so many more reasons. Yesterday night showed how easily it can be for the public to have their voting hijacked and to vote politically if organised too, the juries percentage could decrease but we are never getting rid of them again :rip:

Edited by Gwendolyn

When you think about it Loreen was kinda the biggest fad of the year. Even Charlotte Perreli got more airtime than her

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

With us mama Teresa
Diva Maria
All the divas were born

As the human beings
f4cf69332b0e9e8bf393a8563e312b106a78b201

• Like 2

1 minute ago, anti-***** said:

I'd take a joke act winning once in a blue moon over juries pissing in public's face every year

And what's the last ~joke act that won televote anyway? Finland and Estonia this year weren't even top 10, and they're the most jokey acts we've had in a while

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We need Martin to be replaced by someone NOT from a nordic country :rip: I'm sawry but if he gets replaced by another Swede, nothing will change, Eastern European countries will continue to be put in death slots etc etc

Edited by nasa
  • Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.