Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

• ATRL Moderator

It wouldn’t have made a huge difference overall, but the camera error in Austria’s performance during the best part of the song probably cost them a handful of televotes. If I was the Austrian delegation, I’d be pissed 

• Like 3

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

The people who bet on Croatia must be mad as hell rn

image.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mokitsu said:

JJw6IiZ.gif

:rip:

Bye I thought it was my stream buffering

She demands an apology and immediate top 10 placement.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, khalyan said:

It wouldn't have made a huge difference overall, but the camera error in Austria's performance during the best part of the song probably cost them a handful of televotes. If I was the Austrian delegation, I'd be pissed 

tbh I was more impressed with the WE WILL RAVE in the backdrop

• Like 4

It wouldn't have made a huge difference overall, but the camera error in Austria's performance during the best part of the song probably cost them a handful of televotes. If I was the Austrian delegation, I'd be pissed 

tbh that steadicam shot while they're throwing her around randomly was not good anyway, that wider shot kinda outserved since you can't see how messy it is 

:suburban:

Not the jury vote spiraling, with France flopping vocally who even was gonna steal Nemo's 12s? :coffee: Yall can blame countries for having no competitive songs or ruining them with an awful staging (looking at Italy)
milkalila3.thumb.gif.e5a851acdd391b353e0

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Are y'all still complaining about the Juries when the Juries were the only people this year making sensible decisions and saved the ESC?  

what unsensible choices have eurovision fans made this year in your opinion? is it our fault that the EBU allowed terror state israel in and that zionists saw it as a perfect propaganda opportunity?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

:rip: that delegation was menaces to society.

Edited by Gwendolyn
  • Like 4

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Komet said:

tbh that steadicam shot while they're throwing her around randomly was not good anyway, that wider shot kinda outserved since you can't see how messy it is 

The locals would have eaten the lifts up easily, don’t lie to yourself

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

Not the jury vote spiraling, with France flopping vocally who even was gonna steal Nemo's 12s? :coffee: Yall can blame countries for having no competitive songs or ruining them with an awful staging (looking at Italy)

Exactly - Switzerland was serving Jury bait to the T (super impressive vocal arrangement, 3 different genres in one, good/modern storytelling) and only France stood a chance to get more votes, but he ****** it up in the jury presentations.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KillingYourCareer said:

No one cares about juries.

Preach!

• ATRL Moderator

If Israel is out next year, and Germany leaves as a result of that, do you think the EBU would consider making Netherlands the replacement “big 5” member?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Imagine Dragon said:

Countries with a 100% qualification rate in the 2020s:

Armenia

Finland

Lithuania

Norway

Portugal

Serbia

Sweden

Switzerland

Ukraine

Out after this year:

Belgium

Moldova

the sabbatical year Portugal took in 2016 to reorganize Festival da Canção did wonders for them. 

This is a country that qualified TWICE in the 2010s, and now they've gotten 4 consecutive finals + 2 top 10 placements (before their win in 2017 their last top 10 was in 1996)

3 minutes ago, khalyan said:

If Israel is out next year, and Germany leaves as a result of that, do you think the EBU would consider making Netherlands the replacement "big 5" member?

I don't think the Netherlands will come back next year especially with how the EBU treated Avotros, Joost and the Dutch Jury :rip:

• ATRL Moderator
15 minutes ago, Imagine Dragon said:

Countries with a 100% qualification rate in the 2020s:

Armenia

Finland

Lithuania

Norway

Portugal

Serbia

Sweden

Switzerland

Ukraine

Out after this year:

Belgium

Moldova

I’m sensing Armenia, Norway, Finland, and Serbia the next countries to miss out on qualifying 

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Gwendolyn said:

I don't think the Netherlands will come back next year especially with how the EBU treated Avotros, Joost and the Dutch Jury :rip:

Well, if Martin and the executives resign, I am wondering if being promised a return as a big 5 member would be enough incentive to return? Otherwise I agree I wouldn’t want to return if I was them. 

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

• Like 5

If Israel is out next year, and Germany leaves as a result of that, do you think the EBU would consider making Netherlands the replacement "big 5" member?

I think we would just go back to the big 4 era tbh, unless making Netherlands one of the big 5 guarantees a Dutch return

where is martin österdahls resignation?

judge-judy-times-up.gif

• Like 4

I have a feeling 2025 is gonna have the least amount of countries in the last 20 years

• Like 3

Just now, Komet said:

I have a feeling 2025 is gonna have the least amount of countries in the last 20 years

one step closer to San Marino Città 2026

JJw6IiZ.gif

I just found out that icon alyona alyona represented Ukraine, god, I'm so out of loop. She's been that ***** since Rybky.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Komet said:

but yeah I do think we'll see a bunch of countries simply not going there

I know we talk about Israel being kicked out but that will simply not happen. The European Union is politically aligned with the American Empire and the EBU wouldn't do anything that could compromise that in the slightest way.

if the news about Spain and Ireland officially recognizing Palestine this month are true, I think we could see both of them not participating for political reasons + a bunch of poorer/smaller countries not participating because Switzerland is famously the most expensive country in the world

Edited by Kummercell

17 minutes ago, khalyan said:

It should be Ukraine based on quality & talent but without having to pay money

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.