Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

55 minutes ago, Blackthorn said:

I HEARD KING SLIMANE FINISHED 4TH??? :jonny5:
BUT ATRLERS TOLD ME HE WOULD FLOP IN THE TELEVOTE, I DON'T GET IT???  :jonny5:

I was saying he would flop and I ended up voting for him :bibliahh: Such an incredible performance :clap3:

• Haha 3

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

1 hour ago, Watson said:

EBU really said "I don't want ANOTHER Ukraine win"

Putting them in 2nd in the running order when they were 2nd in the semi 

spacer.png

Ukraine cant host Euro and I think it's a main reason, why EBU decided to tank them with such an awful running order and help of crooked juries :gaycat2:

They absolutely need to return juries into semifinals. What we see now is a few jury friendly songs getting in the final and then going on to collect a huge bulk of jury points while all the televote friendly entries which are a majority spread the votes between them

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

They absolutely need to return juries into semifinals. What we see now is a few jury friendly songs getting in the final and then going on to collect a huge bulk of jury points while all the televote friendly entries which are a majority spread the votes between them

I agree. It's all or nothing and I am inclined to opt for the all option.

23 minutes ago, Thin White Duke said:

People bitching about juries again, please

They aren't supposed to vote the same as the public, that's the whole point of having them.

If anything, they are way too influenced by the public's opinion imo

Switzerland is a very clear jury winner to me, it's a complex song, with great staging, performed brilliantly. And good for them for burying Israel.

right.

and it's crazy to complain about juries now after Israel almost won the televotes (and as pointed in here, it would have won had Netherlands been there).

imagine no jury and Israel being the winner :rip:

they won't always get it right but overall it's necessary. 

• Thanks 6

22 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

In theory I agree with you but looking at this and last year's semi final results the jury wouldn't have changed anything apart from maybe Latvia over Serbia in 2023

There were SO many wacky crowd pleasers this year, I don't know whether it was because of Kaarija and his effect, that people think with televote only semi finals that those songs are more appealing now or it's just a coincidence. If it's a second then yes a return to a 50/50 split is necessary.

Also why is everyone saying 100% televote? Are you all ignoring the fact that these are the same viewers who put Israel in second place? The juries were introduced for a REASON, we do not want to slide backwards into the mess that were the 2000s

• Like 2

2 hours ago, khalyan said:

As soon as they won the NF, I said they would be EAEA'd, so frankly I'm not surprised at their last place 

Keiino would have finished with 0 points from both the jury and the televote though

I disagree. For a (generic) pop song it was very well produced and the vocals were stellar as always with them. They wouldn't have done as well as 2019 but imo it would've been an easy top 10. Oh well.

Posted (edited)

Naurrrrway has extended their record of most times in last place

This was their 12th time placing last

Edited by Kummercell
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Kummercell said:

Naurrrrway has extended their record of most times in last place

This was their 12th time placing last

And here I was thinking that Germany would almost tie them year

I didn't watch the show out of anger, but had voted for Croatia, France, Spain and Ireland. My thoughts:

I'm glad Israel didn't win and I hope they don't take part again.

I feel sorry for Croatia.

Germany 12th place, wow. I'm really surprised.

I feel sorry for Spain.

I'm glad Ireland got a lot of points from both sides and got a good top 10 finish. Totally deserved!

I'm surprised how Norway flopped.

I'm happy for France :heart2:

I hope Avrotos gives the EBU a clear answer. It's just disrespectful what they did to Joost. That was the main reason I didn't watch the show.

I am not a fan of the juries.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

And here I was thinking that Germany would almost tie them year

the fact that Norway or Germany placed last in about 1/3 of all Eurovisions ever :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

Anyway Martin is really done for after this year. :ahh: Had to rewatch the boo's and couldn't help but laugh.

1 hour ago, Fevesy said:

Y'all can blame France for cracking 3 times in 20 seconds in the jury show for Switzerlands domination btw.

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

BTW why is the jury show always the day before? can't they vote live? :huh:

1 hour ago, KillingYourCareer said:

They were also shook by Croatia lbr, a new Eastern European country with limited funds hosting? Hell nah, let's have rich Switzerland do the job. We could've had an exciting 2025 edition and instead we got the most boring country in the world hosting :rip:

Ukraine hosted last decade and did fine, why would Croatia be an issue? :skull:

Here are my overall final thoughts of each song.

1. Switzerland: It was not my number one song (obviously being Croatian) however one cannot deny Nemo's incredible talent. It is a deserving winner, and the song itself is amazing.
  2. Croatia: Heart breaks they got second, but they are runner ups to the best. So happy they scored there best rank yet, and first time making the top ten in 23 years.
  3. Ukraine: I think this is the strongest entry that they have submitted in a long time. I prefer this over '1944' and 'Stefania'. I think it is incredibly deserving of placing top three.
  4. France: Am I wrong for thinking that this song is totally boring, and a completely calculated entry just for juries? I preferred last year's act for France.
  5. Israel: :pukey:
  6. Ireland: I loved 'Doomsday Blues' since it was selected. I remember checking the odds back in February, I was do disappointed that it looked like it was not going to qualify and the fact that it finished top ten? AMAZING.
  7. Italy: It's another top ten finish, and while not as strong as 'Due Vite', I think it's a good song. 
  8. Armenia: I think this was the best surprise. I am so happy such a culturally significant song, that highlights the Armenian people, not only placed top ten, but gave Armenia their best result in such a long time. :heart2:
  9. Sweden: Honestly, it's a bop. I can't complain that it got top ten. These two worked hard to get where they are and should be proud.
  10. Portugal: Not my cup of tea, but her vocals are amazing. Pleasantly surprised they snatched the #10 spot.
  11. Greece: I like the song, and think she should hold her head high with the result. Honestly, I don't think people expected Portugal to do so well with the jury.
  12. Germany: I called it that this song was good and was not going to be last this year. I am happy with it's placing.
  13. Luxembourg: With this placing, I think Luxembourg will definitely come back next year. It was a safe, non controversial song. I personally would not have put it this high.
  14. Lithuania: Should have been in the top ten instead of :pukey:. But he served a bop.
  15. Cyprus: Honestly, it's a generic bop. I think it's appropriately ranked.
  16. Latvia: I am just so happy for Latvia. I was worried had they not qualified they would not return to 2025. Not only were they a surprise qualifier - I am shocked they got this high. Love it for them.
  17. Serbia: Serbia served a ballad that France wanted to serve. I honestly would of preferred Serbia #10 over Portugal or #4 over France, but it's a beautiful song.
  18. U.K.: Poor Olly.. he sounded awful live. I think perhaps he could have done a lot better had he sung well, but hey at least he improved U.K.'s rank from last year.
  19. Finland: This song grew on me in the final surprisingly!
  20. Estonia: Did not dig this song.... honestly. 
  21. Georgia: I think it should have been a bit higher, but I can see why it didn't appeal to the voters. Also I have a feeling Georgia will always have an uphill battle with the televote.
  22. Spain: **** all of you who didn't get this into the top 3. She served art. Can't wait for this to be the most viral hit of the contest.
  23. Slovenia: I am so happy it made the final. I love Raiven. I think it was just too avant garde for the jury to appreciate.
  24. Austria: Funny enough I thought it was an easy top ten at the beginning of the contest, but then it just disappointed live?
  25. Norway: I am really not surprised by this. 

• Like 4

It's funny how everyone was complaining about the jury vote last year and this year they saved Eurovision. 

1 hour ago, JennyWayne said:

I hadn't thought of it this way! The fact that the jury winner has snatched the trophy from a hugely popular televote winner twice in a row kinda shows this pattern.

The jury push was even bigger this year, because Nemo got more jury points than Loreen and both years had 37 voting juries.

1 hour ago, Jack! said:

Anyway Martin is really done for after this year. :ahh: Had to rewatch the boo's and couldn't help but laugh.

The broadcast really didn't see that one coming. :rip: Yikes. I guess it's easier to mask boos during a performance, but not when it's just someone speaking on a mic. 

Don't really know how voting works so why did the UK get 0 public points?

34 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

Don't really know how voting works so why did the UK get 0 public points?

Because who is going to pay money to vote for the UK?  

• Haha 3

i'm so glad i just went to bed last night, it would have not been worth staying up

i can't believe that trash won, croatia DESERVED

and kaleen getting barely any votes? literally criminal

good riddance

tiffany-pollard.gif

49 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Because who is going to pay money to vote for the UK?  

Can you explain 

Just now, Bewitched said:

Can you explain 

Don't you need to spend money to vote?  (I know it's different in every country) UK is not the most sympathetic country to motivate people to spend money on them, unless they are really good people will probably not vote for them.  

i actually can't believe the song that was 5th in televeote won. the juries are trash and have way too much power. such a spit in the face of the audience who pay actual money to vote for their favorite. they'll really do anything to stop a balkan country from winning smh

i'm still so bitter about joost and the fact that the isreali delegation got zero punishment for the **** they've been pulling is absolutely wild.

eurovision you will always be trash :giraffe:

• Like 5

Y'all are crazy, I didn't follow this thread throughout the competition and as soon as I saw Switzerland me and my friends were really impressed, the vocals were amazing, Nemo can WORK a camera and the staging was also really impressive 

The right winner won, **** the straight bait that was Croatia

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Honestly, I am not mad. Switzerland was 1st in the odds before the contest but then it shifted to Croatia. The last time the contest was in Sweden, the odds predicted a Russia or Australia win but Ukraine ended up taking it, also it was the first year they introduced the new system we have now. I mean it was good contest and I enjoy it more every time is in Sweden because SVT have that production knowledge due to Melodifestivalen every year. But this year was different and I am glad Switzerland won which I am at peace.

Also, be glad we have juries, I am looking at the SF results which is 100% televote and let me just say, 50/50 juries is really the best.

1 hour ago, byzantium said:

Don't you need to spend money to vote?  (I know it's different in every country) UK is not the most sympathetic country to motivate people to spend money on them, unless they are really good people will probably not vote for them.  

Yeah, I live in the States and I spent like $3 dollars to vote for Armenia, Switzerland and Croatia.

Edited by Mellark

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.