Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

7 hours ago, Konril said:

I've never been so confident of a song being dead last with Iceland, and I was right. :bibliahh:

It was between Hera Björk and Bashar Murad, but Bashar had the better song and could've gotten Iceland a better result, but might of guessed what happened. :hippo:

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

oh everyone wants to wake up to the news I woke up to this morning... the evil has been defeated, that croatian song was not what y'all thought it was

as a Ukraine stan I'm glad they finished top 3. If I'm being honest the performance was not as strong as last winners and I'm not sure why, even though I love the song and I stan alyona alyona the performance just didn't have the emotional impact that it should have had and didn't flow as well as it should have. 1944 and Stefania were both more effective performances I fear

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

i didn't like doomsday blue at all on first listen and now it's grown on me so much it might be my favorite from this year :heart:

• Like 3

Lemme be serious for one second and express my recollected thoughts.

Switzerland

The Code is a bopianka but there is some obvious RIGGERY going on. The EBU will do everything but disqualify a certain country let a Balkan country win. Nemo is obviously talented and they slayed the house down boots mama but I cannot grasp how it absolutely SWEPT the juries? It was an obvious jury winner from the start but damn, not like that? Part of me wants to think that it is statistically impossible for that to happen :deadbanana2: 

I'm not mad at Switzerland winning but more so because we have the same situation as last year where the winner was ultimately decided by a landsliding jury. And all of the talks since last year's fiasco about reducing the amount of weight the jury points have? What happened? The conversation will be sparked again and will die out by September. Hopefully Lööserdahl resigns and the new executive director/committee/whatever brings some much needed sense into the contest.

Croatia

I've been a Baby Lasagna hater since day one. It's a cheap song made in a free-to-use music producing software à la FL Studio or GarageBand. Nothing inherently wrong with that though. Still, I wanted a Croatia win. See, this is my main problem with Eurovision every single year. The treatment of Eastern Europe (minus Ukraine) and the Balkans in Eurovision is merely a reflection of the general political landscape. It really seems as if we are not as rich, talented or worthy compared to our Western counterparts. This goes back years ago. I can't help but think of Austria's little sissy fit after Serbia's win in 2007 that got the juries back.  

Ukraine

Cute but no, another win is not needed. I need to know why their delegation was wearing tshirts referencing Azovstal. If EBU can serve astronomical levels of pettiness by refusing to upload Portugal's performance because the performer had a kuffiyeh design on her nails (or Saade's performance for that matter), then I suppose any overt political statements are forbidden, no? Just another example of the selective application of the non-politics rule. Jerry and alyona x2 devoured the song, nonetheless. Certainly better than last year.

France

okay, king I guess

IsraHELL

the evil is defeated.gif

Now, miss genocide bombing the jury voting is suspicious. Unless the bulk of the jury was somehow pro-Palestine. Good though. The televote is smelly too. Ireland and Iceland's televote handing her 10 points?? Just bizarre. 

Ireland

Not a big fan of the song, sonically, BUT the performance and most importantly the performer themselves.. WE HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE BUT TO STAN :clap3: Their best result since 2000 :clap3: see, when you have the TALENT, VISION, OUTSPOKENNESS and MORALS.. you can go this far. The true non-binary monarch of the Eurovision world. Nemo is the jester.

and some other thoughts:

Greece

ahhh this motherfucking queen! There's just something about half-Greek women with the name Marina. 11th is a good position considering all of the shenanigans this year. Head up high Marina!!!!!

Norway

ah- gagged. I had a feeling this would be EAEA'd. I've warmed up to the song but the general public is just not here for these screaming matches.

Austria

Pre-last is brutal. Poor Godleen. 

Sweden

A 2018 tea, kii. 

• Like 7

@Communion I see you lurking oomf. What are your thoughts? :giraffe:

also, good luck booking that Bulgaria, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania return next year

Kis30UP.thumb.gif.2c000fbbb5d29b77031f86

The number of televotes israel received is shocking. 
I was hoping they would at least be disqualified next year, but now that the competition will be held in Switzerland (EBU HQs), I doubt anything will change. We'll be in fear of another israeli win for years.

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)

Not really happy with the winner. I don't think that the song is bad, it's very good actually but something about the performance and staging was missing. I feel like the song deserved much better and more interesting staging than them spinning on that platform.

I really wanted Croatia to take it because it would be something different and he deserved to win with everything.

israHELL being 2nd in the televote, just behind Croatia and getting some high scores from some juries is disgusting!

Malta finishing dead last in her semi is the definition of clownery.

The contest is influenced by politics probably more than ever, and even tho. they try to twist it and make us believe that it isn't, everything is clear like a water. Double standards, hypocrisy, their rules not applying to everyone in the same way... EBU is a collection of some disgusting and vile human beings and they deserve nothing but hell!

Edited by BOOM!
  • Like 2

How can y'all see Isr**l being 2nd in the public vote and NOT be thankful for the jury vote?? :deadbanana4:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

13 minutes ago, Cain said:

How can y'all see Isr**l being 2nd in the public vote and NOT be thankful for the jury vote?? :deadbanana4:

The public also votes crazily out of pity and dont care about the quality of an entry. Im very thankful that the juries exist

• Like 8

Angelina Mango becomes the first artist from Italy to not receive a single 12 points from any national jury since the jury/televote were split in 2016

spacer.png

• Haha 3

Olly is probably gonna scrap that album and go into acting full time :deadbanana2:

hold on why is the studio version boppin' a bit?

• Like 1

What the EBU needs to do is to not allow any participation of countries at war. No Israel, no Russia, no Ukraine. These political issues always tarnish the whole experience and result in the focus of the competition being on anything BUT the music.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I MISSED THE NETHERLANDS SO MUCH THO:chick3:

• Like 1

Switzerland wasn't that big of a stand out to warrant all of those 12s lbr, like ok, I get it that the juries liked it but all of them having it at the top was weird

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

What the EBU needs to do is to not allow any participation of countries at war. No Israel, no Russia, no Ukraine. These political issues always tarnish the whole experience and result in the focus of the competition being on anything BUT the music.

yeah let's ban a country that was literally invaded by the world's largest nuclear power that needs soft cultural power like Eurovision to keep people aware and fight for its existence

genius

beyonc-s-mom-defends-platinum-73044205.j

• Thanks 1

In my books Loreen won last night.  

That performance was stunning...... so beautiful. I have never seen a performance like that. 

She moved her body so beautifully. 

I can only imagine how hard it was to sing live. 

Posted (edited)

my summary of the top 10: 

1. Switzerland: i'm so happy for them, one of my faves, well deserved:heart2:

2. Croatia: i liked this song but imo the NED DQ helped them cause many of them supported the Croatian act after DQ

3. Ukraine: surprised but i prefer this song over their previous acts

4. France: i just don't get it. beautiful vocals but overall this over Greece? meh.

5. I-reland: YES, i supporters them from the first second the song got revealed and happy to see how they said *** the odds and getting their best position after 20 years :heart2:

6. Italy: LA NOIA. A bop, we'll deserved, i love love love her

7. Armenia: wow wow, happy for them, their song remind me of the football theme songs with those chants 

8. Sweden: i underpredicted them, but so happy, well deserved

9. Portugal: not my cup of tea but she has beautiful vocals

10. GREECE: MARINAAAA, MY QUEEN. YOU DID IT, MY FAVE FAVE THIS YEAR I AM SO PROUD OF YOU :heart2:

And JOOST: lysm, prob a top 3-5 act or maybe higher but we won't know now so sad for him, Europapa is such a bop, I missed him from the final sm:chick3:

(sorry bjt I can't count the k*illers, buying votes just to end up high in the televote and promoting yourself in middle east youtube ads to get some pity votes is not counting to me)

Edited by kellebrity98

3 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

yeah let's ban a country that was literally invaded by the world's largest nuclear power that needs soft cultural power like Eurovision to keep people aware and fight for its existence

genius

beyonc-s-mom-defends-platinum-73044205.j

Yeah because it diverts the focus. U can still show solidarity and everything, but the focus should be the music and competition 

Instagram followers boost in the last 23 hours 

Angelina Mango (Italy) : 1.516M (+23k)

Markcus & Martinus (Sweden) : 1.413M (+17k)

Slimane (France) : 1.323M (+67k) 

Joost Klein (Netherlands) : 1.315M (+484k)

Nutsa Buzaladze (Georgia) : 1.017M (+4k)

Olly Alexander (UK) : 774k (+8k)

Jerry Heil (Ukraine) : 768k (+15k)

Alyona Alyona (Ukraine) : 476k (+9k)

Eden Golan (Israel) : 344k (+90k)

Marina Satti (Greece) : 278k (+35k)

Nemo (Switzerland) : 215k (+132k)

Baby Lasagna (Croatia) : 185k (+55k)

Bambie Thug (Ireland) : 136k (+58k)

Teya Dora (Serbia) : 132k (+5k)

Ladaniva (Armenia) : 117k (+11k)

Dons (Latvia) : 104k (+4k)

Silvester Belt (Lithuania) : 83k (+14k)

Nebulossa (Spain) : 79k (+5k)

Silia Kapsis (Cyprus) : 73k (+16k)

Windows95man (Finland) : 55k (+6k)

Raiven (Slovenia) : 45k (+4k)

Tali Golergant (Luxembourg) : 43k (+10k)

Iolanda (Portugal) : 37k (+8k)

Isaak (Germany) : 36k (+6k)

Kaleen (Austria) : 33k (+9k)

Gåte (Norway) : 28k (+3k)

Puuluup (Estonia) : 13k (+1k)

• Like 3

televoters did Spain and Austria so dirty :biblio:

• Like 1

Just now, Young In Love said:

televoters did Spain and Austria so dirty :biblio:

yeah people were rushing to vote for a handful of artist in order to sabotage israel

Posted (edited)

It's wild how people in here went from

Complaining about the jury

to

Begging that the juries concentrate their votes on one country to offset the massive televote Israel would get

to

Complaining about the jury for doing exactly that :rip:

I do agree it's sad for Croatia that they didn't win, but don't blame this on the juries. Blame the EBU and Israel for this. If they hadn't included Israel in the first place, the path for a Croatia win would've been clear.

EDIT: Congrats at Switzerland, great song and performance :clap3:

Edited by blown away

50 minutes ago, Cain said:

Because at every single Eurovision, the juries are the root problem of all the drama, fighting and bitterness that ensue on Sunday. The voting should be weighted 25% jury, 75% televote. We essentially got the same scenario as last year and I'm sorry but Switzerland being 5th in the televote is really not a cute look for anybody. The general public will become more and more disenfranchised if the public winner gets the crumbs. 

19 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

But now we've said it!! Ukraine can stay but the EBU should really keep a close eye on them because at this point I'm tired of all the covert and overt political notes they bring. 

The other two can be banished out of Eurovision forever. 

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.