STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

11 minutes ago, Anthinos said:

Same. I thought she would get 150+ points and end up in the top 10 :skull:

However, I was right when I said Slimane would get over 200 points while some thought he would only get 40. Talent always wins :clack:

Slimane's performance in the finals was pretty much flawless and he would've probably do even better with juries if his voice was on point for the jury show. He was constantly getting undeserved hate from the gays. He was literally one of the best last night and should have been #3 instead of Ukraine.

• Like 4

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

2 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

Hallenstadion in Zürich has a capacity of 13.000, which is roughly the same as this year's arena

JJw6IiZ.gif

I saw that one too but its last renovation was in 2004, it's been quite some time

Swiss Life Arena in Zurich could work but it has a smaller capacity 

JJw6IiZ.gif

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

Jury voting felt rigged/influenced by some other factors. Yes, Switzerland was good and one of the TOP 5 favorites. But to get 12 points from like 30 out of 37 countries, even some no one ever expected them to give them to Switzerland is very questionable.

Thank god they stopped israhell from winning but Croatia was snubbed by the juries hard.

I think maybe it should have a way less share maybe but yeah still think it should be a thing. 

I still think a good song won but the top 5 were like all strong 

Edited by ForgottenSoul

10 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Viewing figures stayed consistent or went up in all the countries that matter, welp

spacer.png

So the boycott did nothing? Honestly, I feel like the majority of people screaming for that were people who barely watch Eurovision.

Figures were down in the UK though from 9.9 million in 2023; I think that's due to us hosting last year. 

• ATRL Moderator

There should be a rest of the world jury composed of one member from several of the most involved countries in that rotw public vote. 

Along with necessary jury reform that’s needed to increase jurys from 5 to 15-20, it would really be cool to see a rotw jury with North American, South American, Asian, and African members all coming together 

• Like 1

Croatia jury giving Ireland 8 points! And 5 points from tele! We LUV a progressive country that supports non-binary artists!

ezgif-3-651cbd7b38.thumb.gif.34ecd7899f4

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

still not over this absolute artistic serve. 

• Like 7

On 5/10/2024 at 3:18 PM, PerfectCure said:

Norway will get their worst result in a while tomorrow, that song is flopping everywhere (YouTube views, public chatter, Italian televoting.)

Called it, it was way too obvious. Hope it was just a fluke :coffee2:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ForgottenSoul said:

I think maybe it should have a way less share maybe but yeah still think it should be a thing. 

It should be something like 40% jury, 30% online and 30% televote or 40% jury, 60% televote + the rest of the world. Or something similar to this. Jury constantly deciding the winners should not be a thing. They should have power, sure but the current system seems flawed.

4 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

Nemo said in the post-winner press conference that they wanted their hometown Bienne to host

It has a population of 55k

JJw6IiZ.gif

That's close to Bern, but a quick look on Google maps shows decent hotel capacity.

JJw6IiZ.gif

4 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

It should be something like 40% jury, 30% online and 30% televote or 40% jury, 60% televote + the rest of the world. Or something similar to this. Jury constantly deciding the winners should not be a thing. They should have power, sure but the current system seems flawed.

40/60 + ROTW would be great, but I think they'd have to come up with a new point system, no? Maybe come back with announcing the combined results instead of jury and then televote

17 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Complaining about the juries this year is weird because that country would've literally won the whole thing without them (obviously if Joost wasn't DQ'd) and Eurovision would be over. Croatia was 3rd in the jury vote (higher than most of us expected) so why act like they tanked it. But let's talk about the Croatian jury giving 0 Switzerland and only 4 points to France.

JJw6IiZ.gif

Yes, with a ginormous difference from #1. In order for Switzerland NOT to win, they should be like #7 or so on televotes with like 1/3 of the points Croatia got. Jury votes made Switzerland win, there was no space for anyone else.

I am not mad they won, love Nemo and they had a great song and love to see a non-binary artist win, but facts are facts. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

Exactly, it almost cancels the effect of televoting, we shouldn't vote at all at this point. The final rank changes quite a lot with the effect of televoting, but it's so random. 

german gp is so cooked when it comes to israel and the entire dutch situation, i really hope avrotros pulls through with this because that contest really needs some sort of reset for this to go into a healthier direction for everyone involved :biblionny:

• Like 2

i don't think ROTW should vote at all

they just don't get it

• Like 1

Last night proved why the jury is necessary and prevented it from becoming the eurovision war contest

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

why are y'all saying the jury prevented israel from winning when without the jury croatia would have won :rip:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, velocity said:

i don't think ROTW should vote at all

they just don't get it

as a ROTWer I agree

it's more fun watching it knowing I can't do anything but hope you guys get it right

I'm HOLLERING at the Croatia stans crying on social media saying they had the better song. :rip: PLEASE. Nemo's song was better in EVERY. SINGLE. WAY. 

Take your rim tim tim tears and go cry elsewhere.

:suburban:

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, velocity said:

why are y'all saying the jury prevented israel from winning when without the jury croatia would have won :rip:

Croatia won the televote because there was no Europapa, if not Israel would've won. And it still doesn't make up the fact that 2 countries out of the top 3 in the televote are in war:rip:

• Like 1

The way to make everything much cleaner and less messy... 

I would give points to every country. From 0 to 25 in the televote. And the jury's vote I would keep it the same way. With 12/10/9...

That way people's vote is more balanced but everyone gets awarded even if not as high as Top10 in some countries. 

Also.. I feel like televoting and SMS voting in 2024 is outdated AF. 

I get that they have to get the money... But put publicity in the apps maybe... But let people vote for free on the apps. 

Also... I think that another way to make everything fairer is avoid mass voting. 20 votes per phone seems too much in my eyes. 10 votes is more than enough, and just to be able to vote for more than 1 country, only 5 votes max per person and recipient is more than ok I think. People with a 5 member family and money... Can make 100 votes. And that doesn't make it representative of the public taste. 

• Like 2

Just now, Phonography said:

Croatia won the televote because there was no Europapa, if not Israel would've won. And it still doesn't make up the fact that 2 countries out of the top 3 in the televote are in war:rip:

I don't think Ukraine getting so high had anything to do with the war. The song is incredible and it was literally slotted into a slot that is always seen as a death sentence. You could say it's diaspora voting too but I don't think that plays that big of a part either. 

• Like 4

It's gonna be hard to come up with a better split than 50/50 without it looking too clunky or rigged, imo.

I still maintain there should be more juries, like 20. Smaller countries can bring 10. And half must be 28+

5 minutes ago, Phonography said:

that's speculation. croatia was #1 at the odds and we could claim that people who would have voted for joost voted for nemo instead. what matters is that in the end the people made the correct choice with or without the jury

• Like 1

Just now, Gwendolyn said:

I don't think Ukraine getting so high had anything to do with the war. The song is incredible and it was literally slotted into a slot that is always seen as a death sentence. You could say it's diaspora voting too but I don't think that plays that big of a part either. 

I admit the song was great. And both singers did amazing. 

But war HAS TO DO WITH THEIR VOTE. 100%.

Diaspora is bigger than any other country all thorough Europe. And the pity votes ARE A THING. People feel like they are fixing the world when doing so (it's a very catholic way of thinking... The charity obligation is still very internalized, specially in the older population). 

Anyway. I knew Ukraine would end Top3. Because the song was strong. 

But thinking that war did not help.. Is not being realistic. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.