Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

Coming out to say that We Will Rave is my most listened song ever actually, with 1.5k streams. Best generic pop song ever made tbh

JJw6IiZ.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

Why is this the best winner in a decade :clap3: Jamallah you ain't safe but she kinda passed the crown when she announced those 12 points to Nemo :clap3:

Well let's check my predictions:

On 5/10/2024 at 11:51 PM, illia said:

My predictions:

1. It's either Croatia (good ending) or Israel (bad ending) to me

2. France will serve a Switzerland 2021 result at MOST

3. Ireland will pull a Go_A and end up in top 5-7 at least

4. Switzerland is giving a televote bomb sadly, judging by the YouTube views and the engagements after SF2

5. The UK will flop

6. Ukraine top 10 (duh) and serve the best result in a death slot (#2)

7. Juries will tank Netherlands and he will be chanceless to win. Still top 10 though (if he's even going to perform tomorrow)

8. Italy are chanceless too after that hideous staging. But her charisma will get her to top 10 too

1. I flopped

2. I ate x1

3. I ate x2

4. Idk??? Top 5 in televote is pretty good. But for a winner it's not really good so I ate x3

5. I ate x4

6. I ate x5

7. -

8. I ate x6

milkalila3.thumb.gif.e5a851acdd391b353e0

1 minute ago, illia said:

Well let's check my predictions:

1. I flopped

2. I ate x1

3. I ate x2

4. Idk??? Top 5 in televote is pretty good. But for a winner it's not really good so I ate x3

5. I ate x4

6. I ate x5

7. -

8. I ate x6

milkalila3.thumb.gif.e5a851acdd391b353e0

UK flopping was a given so you ate 5 times

JJw6IiZ.gif

3 hours ago, Pendulum said:

Karlita is snatching PZE next year. Serbia kinda the blueprint for hyperpop at ESC if you think about it

only if you want a person as insufferable as E*en G*lan 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kummercell said:

UK flopping was a given so you ate 5 times

JJw6IiZ.gif

Poor Olly

anime-girl.gif

The Code is growing on me after the win :WAP: my heart said WINNERS only, IsraLOSERS not allowed

Kaleen's performance was really serving

lois-griffin-lois.gif

• Haha 6

i didn't realize that olly is the guy from years & years until today :deadbanana2:

which makes the mess even worse because how do you have several successful albums under your belt yet turn out to be the worst vocalist of the night lmao

Posted (edited)

So whats people thoughts on the Jury I think it's needed to stop what was happening before which was people just voting for Neighbors, also the Jury basically stopped Israel winning. 

If Joost was able to perform I think he would steal votes for Switzerland which would probs allow Israel to win the public vote. 

Edited by ForgottenSoul

Poor Spain, only 11 votes from televoters :gaycat7::bam: I expected at least 100 from public, our ZORRA deserved better :gaycat2:

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Kummercell said:

The Code is growing on me after the win :WAP: my heart said WINNERS only, IsraLOSERS not allowed

Same but I feel compelled to hate it

ezgif-3-651cbd7b38.thumb.gif.34ecd7899f4

32 minutes ago, khalyan said:

and Germany leaves as a result of that

Why would we do that? :rip:

I want a messy and delusional host city bidding like Netherlands in 2019. I lived for that drama.

JJw6IiZ.gif

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ForgottenSoul said:

So whats people thoughts on the Jury I think it's needed to stop what was happening before which was people just voting for Neighbors, also the Jury basically stopped Israel winning. 

Jury voting felt rigged/influenced by some other factors. Yes, Switzerland was good and one of the TOP 5 favorites. But to get 12 points from like 30 out of 37 countries, even some no one ever expected them to give them to Switzerland is very questionable.

Thank god they stopped israhell from winning but Croatia was snubbed by the juries hard.

Edited by BOOM!

3 minutes ago, Gottasadae said:

Poor Spain, only 11 votes from televoters :gaycat7::bam: I expected at least 100 from public, our ZORRA deserved better :gaycat2:

Same. I thought she would get 150+ points and end up in the top 10 :skull:

However, I was right when I said Slimane would get over 200 points while some thought he would only get 40. Talent always wins :clack:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Germany had 7.98 million viewers yesterday for the broadcast, they will never leave.

2 minutes ago, Eric. said:

I want a messy and delusional host city bidding like Netherlands in 2019. I lived for that drama.

JJw6IiZ.gif

that was so fun lol

I remember one of the cities that applied for hosting had a venue that was just a big square concrete warehouse :deadbanana4:

I was looking at arenas in Switzerland and I think the only arena that could be used is PostFinance Arena in Bern, everywhere else is just too small/too old

Posted (edited)

Released viewership numbers so far

Germany – 7.98 million viewers – 36.8% share

United Kingdom – 7.64 million viewers – 56.3% share
France – 5.396 million viewers – 36.8% share
Italy – 5.341 million viewers – 35.96% share
Spain – 4.886 million viewers – 41.8% share
Finland – 1.2 million viewers

Edited by Imagine Dragon

6 minutes ago, Eric. said:

JJw6IiZ.gif

Nemo said in the post-winner press conference that they wanted their hometown Bienne to host

It has a population of 55k

JJw6IiZ.gif

• Haha 1

Viewing figures stayed consistent or went up in all the countries that matter, welp

spacer.png

Complaining about the juries this year is weird because that country would've literally won the whole thing without them (obviously if Joost wasn't DQ'd) and Eurovision would be over. Croatia was 3rd in the jury vote (higher than most of us expected) so why act like they tanked it. But let's talk about the Croatian jury giving 0 Switzerland and only 4 points to France.

JJw6IiZ.gif

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Kummercell said:

I was looking at arenas in Switzerland and I think the only arena that could be used is PostFinance Arena in Bern, everywhere else is just too small/too old

Hallenstadion in Zürich has a capacity of 13.000, which is roughly the same as this year's arena

JJw6IiZ.gif

Edited by JennyWayne

Some of my friends forced me to sit through this last night. Was as terrible as I remembered. 

Only really liked Cyprus. Unsurprisingly was towards the bottom of the ranking while yet another ridiculous moment wins the whole thing.  

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.