This Was 2022 | Beyoncé's groove

supaspaz

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, State of Grace. said:

Oh hell nah

Lavender Snooze outlasting all these Midnights classics isn't sitting right with me. Single privilege is real.

Gemma_Crying.gif?width=162&height=162Gemma_Crying.gif?width=162&height=162

Pour one out

Taylana.thumb.png.ac6b3e660e8541b8e28b4f

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

4 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Can't get over the Janet line being real

She decided to start studying some a GREATS

That's what Taylor gets for running into the studio and turning Lana's vocals all the way down 

• ATRL Moderator

VoK4HjP.png

ENSÉÑAME A BAILAR

Average score: 6.63

High score: 10 (@brokee, @V3$$3L.)

Low score: 2 (@jacklovesyou1, @State of Grace.)

Bad Bunny doesn’t know how to dance, which makes for the perfect pickup line on this Afrobeat banger from Un Verano Sin Ti, a drunken invitation to a beautiful woman to teach him some moves – and then see the sunrise together. “Enséñame a Bailar” extensively samples the Nigerian singer Joeboy’s “Empty My Pocket” without attribution – that’s his beat, as well as his voice in the outro – leading to a lawsuit earlier this year accusing Bad Bunny of copyright infringement.

Best bit: “Mi corazón no es de arena, pero tú estás dejando tus huellas”

ATRL says…: @madonnas called it “filler.”

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, cockatoo said:

That's what Taylor gets for running into the studio and turning Lana's vocals all the way down 

It's Terrence Howard's fault!

I actually gave Taylor and Lana a whole one point bump in my scores just for giving a shout-out to the queen. Cheers!

• ATRL Moderator

That makes two bangers eliminated this update that depend on heavy sampling of hits from emergent genres for their bangerness.

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Subomie said:

I actually gave Taylor and Lana a whole one point bump in my scores just for giving a shout-out to the queen. Cheers!

Hopefully they bought tickets to her new tour!

Maybe we should have rated the (feat. MORE Lana Del Rey) version cause that's a winner contender

• ATRL Moderator

HBCR6ST.png

ANDREA

with Buscabulla

Average score: 6.69

High score: 10 (@Taemira@V3$$3L.)

Low score: (@MP2K, @jacklovesyou1)

On the longest track from Un Verano Sin Ti, a collaboration with the duo Buscabulla, Bad Bunny paints a portrait of a Puerto Rican everywoman hustling to live life on her own terms. “Andrea” goes out clubbing, disappoints her parents with bad boyfriends and gets in trouble pushing back against the pervasive sexism that she encounters. Many speculated the song was about Andrea Ruiz, who was murdered by her ex-boyfriend in 2021 after unsuccessfully seeking a restraining order against him, but Bad Bunny eventually denied this theory, noting that his heroine “fortunately is still alive.”

Best bit: “Chico, quédate en tu esquina, ey/Y no pida rosas si no aguanta’ espina’, no”

ATRL says…: “I LOVE Buscabulla,” @Ewan Chaos raved. “I was expecting more from this collab tbh.”

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, State of Grace. said:

Maybe we should have rated the (feat. MORE Lana Del Rey) version cause that's a winner contender

I dont' know about that! But the memes about Lana getting left off the song because she thought the snow in question was cocaine are fun.

shocked Cocaine by the beach is out already :deadbanana: i thought that would make it top 30 

Lavender Blaze is wearing out its welcome tho :redface:

Lana is in my all time top three and I hate SOTB :ahh: 

• ATRL Moderator

I feel like the interest always dies when Bad Bunny comes up, so these sections clearing a bunch of his tracks are tough.

• ATRL Moderator

SmhBAwD.png

EFECTO

Average score: 6.71

High score: 9.5 (@305, @Virgos Groove)

Low score: (@Achilles.)

Maybe he needs some rehab or maybe just needs some sleep. He’s got a sick obsession and he’s seeing it in his dreams. This woman’s love is Bad Bunny’s drug and he will dedicate nearly the entire second verse to singing about her pussy to prove it. Though not an official single, “Efecto” wound up becoming one of the biggest hits from Un Verano Sin Ti, riding the Latin chart for more than eight months to an eventual #4 peak and the #6 spot on the year-end chart.

Best bit: “El gatito tuyo te perdió por negligencia/Y yo que no creo en la abstinencia/Esta noche en la cama va a haber turbulencia”

ATRL says…: “Now this one gives me Drake vibes,” @Rev8 noted.

Efecto is a cute song. Mind you its an album track with 1 BILLION streams on Spotify. :WAP: 

• ATRL Moderator

By the way, the last one today is also Bad Bunny, so...please comment.

f_dc_jeb_clap_160203.jpg

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, State of Grace. said:

Efecto is a cute song. Mind you its an album track with 1 BILLION streams on Spotify. :WAP: 

Seriously crazy! It was 69th-biggest Hot 100 hit of the year! Only three other UVST songs were bigger.

• Like 1

It's hard for me to find anything to say about the Bad Bunny tracks unless they were the ones I really hated :rip:

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, cockatoo said:

It's hard for me to find anything to say about the Bad Bunny tracks unless they were the ones I really hated :rip:

Lucky for you, next is one of those!

• ATRL Moderator

eVc85Ty.png

YO NO SOY CELOSO

Average score: 6.72

High score: 10 (@Virgos Groove, @Taemira, @Ace Reject)

Low score: (@creativity.)

The Bad Bunny doth protest too much on this deceptively breezy ditty from Un Verano Sin Ti. Though Benito unconvincingly insists he’s not jealous of his ex-girlfriend’s new man, everything about his behavior on “Yo No Soy Celoso” – he just had a dream about her, he repeatedly calls the guy a bastard and there’s a Grand Canyon in his heart where she used to be – suggests otherwise. 

Best bit: we love a whistle moment

ATRL says…: “I know the bops are usually my favorites (especially on long albums like this) but this is a really sweet and underrated track,” @Ewan Chaos admitted. “This sounds like that music they play on shopping channels when they're showing a new piece of jewelry,” @cockatoo quipped. @Rev8 made an astute comparison to Post Malone. “It's chill, though,” he said.

2 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Lucky for you, next is one of those!

Omg and I spilled, that instrumental triggered something deep inside me :rip: It makes the song feel never ending

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

“This sounds like that music they play on shopping channels when they're showing a new piece of jewelry,” @cockatoo quipped.

This did make me cackle

5 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

“This sounds like that music they play on shopping channels when they're showing a new piece of jewelry,” @cockatoo quipped.

why is this so accurate skfjskkjsks :ahh:

Dear Reader, Glitch, High Infidelity, Labyrinth, Midnight Rain all should have outlasted Skip on the Beach. Vigilante **** and Paris too, if we’re being honest. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.