• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

• ATRL Moderator

K2jXnvJ.png

DEAR READER

Average score: 6.45

High score: 10 (@Katamari, @Achilles., @Taemira)

Low score: (@MP2K)

An ironic advice column written by “someone who’s falling apart,” “Dear Reader” ends Midnights (3am Edition) on a morose note, with Taylor stumbling back drunk to her empty home as distorted voices urge her fans to find another role model. It’s a potentially tragic moment as a cry for help, but in her anti-hero era, the vulnerability feels like an act.

Best bit: “No one sees when you lose when you're playing solitaire”

ATRL says…: “The true definition of underrated,” @Katamari declared.

Aw dear reader is really cute and a waaaaay better closer than mastermind

23 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Would you rather listen to Midnights again or find yourself on Ghostface's kill list?

Why not become Ghostface? :gaycat5:

• ATRL Moderator

OP is updated with today's eliminations. Here's is your top 80:

MOTOMAMI
“Saoko”
“Candy”
“La Fama” with The Weeknd
“Bulerías”
“Chicken Teriyaki”
“Hentai”
“Bizcochito”
“G3 N15”
“Motomami”
“Diablo”
“Delirio de Grandeza”
“CUUUUuuuuuute”
“La Combi Versace” with Tokischa
“Como un G”
“Despechá”
“La Fama (Live en el Palau Sant Jordi)”
“Aislamiento”
“La Kilié”
“Sakura”

UN VERANO SIN TI
“Moscow Mule”
“Después de la Playa”
“Me Porto Bonito” with Chencho Corleone
“Tití Me Preguntó”
“Yo No Soy Celoso”
“Tarot” with Jhayco
“Neverita”
“Efecto”
“Party” with Rauw Alejandro
“Enséñame a Bailar”
“Ojitos Lindos” with Bomba Estéreo
“El Apagón”
“Otro Atardecer” with the Marías
“Andrea” with Buscabulla
“Callaíta” with Tainy

HARRY’S HOUSE
“Late Night Talking”
“As It Was”
“Satellite”

RENAISSANCE
“I’m That Girl”
“Cozy”
“Alien Superstar”
“Cuff It”
“Energy” ft. Beam
“Break My Soul”
“Church Girl”
“Plastic Off the Sofa”
“Virgo’s Groove”
“Move” ft. Grace Jones and Tems
“Heated”
“Thique”
“All Up In Your Mind”
“America Has a Problem”
“Pure/Honey”
“Summer Renaissance”

MIDNIGHTS
“Lavender Haze”
“Maroon”
“Anti-Hero”
“Snow on the Beach” ft. Lana Del Rey
“You’re On Your Own, Kid”
“Midnight Rain”
“Karma”
“The Great War”
“Bigger Than the Whole Sky”
“Would’ve, Could’ve, Should’ve”
“Hits Different”

SOS
“Kill Bill”
“Seek & Destroy”
“Low”
“Love Language”
“Blind”
“Snooze”
“Notice Me”
“Gone Girl”
“Ghost In the Machine” ft. Phoebe Bridgers
“F2F”
“Nobody Gets Me”
“Too Late”
“Shirt”
“I Hate U”
“Good Days”
“Forgiveless” ft. Ol’ Dirty Bastard

54 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

@greento, I just checked your Bad Bunny scores and you were pretty generous for an album you supposedly hated.

i didn't hate the album, just soooo much filler. also when you can't understand the lyrics, it's hard to differentiate the songs so i mostly had to go off the production and melody which was very samey

i tend to not be too hard on anything in rates, a 5 for me is probably equivalent to a 1 for most

Un verano sin ti was one of the 4 that i did quite like on the album so im sad its gone. my fav on the album is still in luckily, hopefully it can survive a while longer

10 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

RENAISSANCE
“I’m That Girl”
“Cozy”
“Alien Superstar”
“Cuff It”
“Energy” ft. Beam
“Break My Soul”
“Church Girl”
“Plastic Off the Sofa”
“Virgo’s Groove”
“Move” ft. Grace Jones and Tems
“Heated”
“Thique”
“All Up In Your Mind”
“America Has a Problem”
“Pure/Honey”
“Summer Renaissance”

:clap3: 

a couple of these could have left before a few of the midnights cuts, but this album is easily the best as a whole out of the ones here so i'm glad its the one with all its tracks still in

I'm sorry that I'm never there, I always peacefully catch up! Supa love your little write ups as always

Some loose thoughts - most of stuff out so far is definitely fillerish so no loss, it's pretty interesting how some of the most "acclaimed" (or rather defining) records of 2022 are THIS long, so no matter how great they are, you'll always find some skips. I think the only track I'm a bit shocked with being so early is Mastermind by Taylor? Nowadays Taylor's writing is mostly so confident and when it's not she's usually storytelling fictions or joking around, but in Mastermind for this little moment in the bridge she strips herself so much, delicately touching trauma of her childhood, I feel like she never does that, it's nice to see her like this and I begun to love it even more when I realized how it beautifully foreshadows 3am which comes right after Mastermind closes the standard album. And it's very apparent that on 3am she goes way deeper into traumas than on anything on Midnights itself, that's why it's so good. So, just my two cents :bird:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supaspaz said:

Enthralled by the power of her *****, Harry wonders whether he’s cool enough for her

:deadbanana2:

It is the summer after all – time for fun, time for the girls to get ready and party.

Maybe in 2046 we'll get to rate Pretty ***** Music too!

spacer.png

Everyone hating Music for a Sushi Restaurant is so weird to me? Do you gays not like fun? :redface:

Great to see Bejewelled leave, what an embarrassing cringefest of a song :clap3:

Far may be very generic SZA but it's exactly the kind of music she excels in :swan:

• ATRL Moderator
32 minutes ago, greento said:

i didn't hate the album, just soooo much filler. also when you can't understand the lyrics, it's hard to differentiate the songs so i mostly had to go off the production and melody which was very samey

Yeah, that makes sense. I end up feeling that way with a lot of K-pop, to be honest.

No one wants to wake up to the news I’ve woken up too

rip dear reader gone too soon :jonnycat:

• ATRL Moderator
30 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Nowadays Taylor's writing is mostly so confident and when it's not she's usually storytelling fictions or joking around, but in Mastermind for this little moment in the bridge she strips herself so much, delicately touching trauma of her childhood, I feel like she never does that, it's nice to see her like this

That bridge is definitely one of the most interesting confessions she's ever made! I'd love to see her genuinely grapple with that need to be loved at some point, because this fake owning the "anti-hero" narrative thing is definitely not it.

• Like 1

It seems like a lot of Swifties don't listen to any music besides hers, so that probably helps.

SOS is my most played album of the year, and if it stays there it’ll be the first time in over a decade someone other than Taylor has my year-end most-played album! I expect Taylor will have something to speak about it, though. :gaylorcat2:

Renaissance is perched in the top 10, too.

Nothing too substantial lost here, I do stan chiri but not shocked y’all chopped it :gayalipacat5:

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Achilles. said:

SOS is my most played album of the year, and if it stays there it’ll be the first time in over a decade someone other than Taylor has my year-end most-played album!

Because you love it or because it’s so long?

7 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Because you love it or because it’s so long?

I’m obsessed! Excluding Taylor, SOS trails only Melodrama as my most played album released post-2016. :eek:

Am fine with all these leaving so far. Honestly, no major surprises tbh! Nice to see the only 3 good songs on Harry’s Bathhouse remaining

6 hours ago, cockatoo said:

Everyone hating Music for a Sushi Restaurant is so weird to me? Do you gays not like fun? :redface:

Great to see Bejewelled leave, what an embarrassing cringefest of a song :clap3:

I love fun, that’s why I gave Bejeweled the 10 she deserved! :redface:

5 hours ago, Katamari said:

No one wants to wake up to the news I’ve woken up too

rip dear reader gone too soon :jonnycat:

Dear Reader is one of my faves from the album. I looooove her more “tranquil” music, and it’s got beautiful lyrics, a great bridge, and perfectly utilized vocal distortions. It’s very relaxing for such a sad song. Midnights earned her aesthetic on that one!

But at this point I just ignore the placements and check in for supa’s ever-entertaining write ups. :clap3:

Poor Music For A Sushi Restaurant and Bejeweled, they truly deserved better :chick3:.

I wonder how is Motomami still in :rip:

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Norte said:

I wonder how is Motomami still in :rip:

Song or album? Actually, both are good, so let’s not!

10 hours ago, supaspaz said:

It seems like a lot of Swifties don't listen to any music besides hers, so that probably helps.

if her astonomical streaming numbers are actually authentic and anything to go by then yea, she's ALL they listen to lol.

Far deserved a little more mileage, me thinks. Also, kinda surprised Bejeweled is out so early.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.