This Was 2022 | Beyoncé's groove

supaspaz

2 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Psychic!

Oop :fan:

i feel like CG-ITG-Energy is an “easy” first three out for renny but I’m scared for my babies Thique, AUIYM, and Move going forward :jonny2:

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

I like Energy a lot, again, but don't mind it being out. I think it's personally elevated for me being seamlessly wedged in between the big smashers Cuff It and Break My Soul. The latter of which apparently turned 1-year-old yesterday.

I don’t think I listened to Renaissance before the Kelis sample was removed. :kitty:

• ATRL Moderator

FqOjqbG.png

I HATE U

Average score: 7.26

High score: 10 (@4Real, @Sanguine)

Low score: (@kandicha)

SZA is up late, replaying a recent breakup in her head once again and wondering whether she hates the guy who dumped her even though she still misses him (indeed, she does) on this lo-fi slow jam from SOS. Originally leaked to SoundCloud, “I Hate U” received such a positive response from fans that it was released as a single in late 2021 with a music video starring Lakeith Stanfield. It debuted at #7 on the Billboard Hot 100 and eventually topped both the rhythmic and urban formats at radio.

Best bit: “I've been up, baby/Lost in the lie of us/Lost, ain't no findin' us”

finally this glorified interlude is out

9Cy43rS.gif

I Hate U is a snooze and should have left before Gone Girl

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Ewan Chaos said:

The latter of which apparently turned 1-year-old yesterday.

One year without Renaissance visuals. Nevertheless, I persisted.

• ATRL Moderator

Up next is a big single...and a 10 from me!

I never understood the appeal of I Hate U, I always felt like people were just desperate for any scraps she was giving us and were prepared to eat anything up :gaycat6:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, supaspaz said:

One year without Renaissance visuals. Nevertheless, I persisted.

Trying to pretend I don't see your posts about the visuals because I don't want to be reminded that they're not out yet :gayoncecat1:

Imo some SOS songs deserved to go before some of these Ren songs ngl

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Trying to pretend I don't see your posts about the visuals because I don't want to be reminded that they're not out yet :gayoncecat1:

I'm not bitter or anything...

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Rigalo said:

I always cackle at IHU smashing it sounds like a mixtape song 

Recorded on a laptop sound quality! But it's a cute melody.

• ATRL Moderator

rk8kZUt.png

Average score: 7.29

High score: 10 (@supaspaz, @jacklovesyou1, @State of Grace., @Achilles., @Norte, @Quicksand, @Sanguine)

Low score: (@BlackoutZone, @madonnas)

It’s a crapshoot when Taylor decides to have fun on a record; for every “Shake It Off” or “22,” there’s a “ME!” or “Look What You Made Me Do.” Fortunately, she spins old grievances (hello again, Scooter Braun!) into gold on this shimmering diss track, which floats like a singsong butterfly and stings like a bee with its delectably vicious barbs (“Addicted to betrayal, but you're relevant”). Karma may be her boyfriend, but pettiness is a great gown, beautiful gown for date night. Released as the third single from Midnights, “Karma” got a remix with an Ice Spice guest spot that adds little but did help power it to #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 and the top five on pop radio. Grah!

Best bit: “My pennies made your crown”

ATRL says…: The haters were hating! “Annoying song, and doesn't help that it's so far down in the tracklist,” @Ewan Chaos fumed. “Stupid ass lyrics.” @cockatoo singled out the “heavy-handed metaphors. ‘Karma is a cat, purring in my lap ‘cause it loves me’ has to be one of the worse metaphors I've heard this year. It kinda bops though so I'll let her off.” @madonnas insisted that “NO the lyrics are NOT camp.”

The irony is this song grew on me after submitting for this rate :rip: The lyrics are still awful though

“NO the lyrics are NOT camp.”

As always, the good sis madonnas just GETS what I was whining about on the last (two?) page! Thank God it's out xo

Karma is her best pop song since 2017, not taking questions, complaints, or rebuttals at this time!

• Like 1

This is literally CAMP POP done right from Taylor and she rarely excels at it. :shakeno: 

ATRLers and their obsession with Lavender Turd :mazen::mazen::mazen::mazen::mazen: 

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Achilles. said:

Karma is her best pop song since 2017, not taking questions, complaints, or rebuttals at this time!

I mean, look at the material! She ate that.

tenor.gif?itemid=11047700&f=1&nofb=1&ipt

• ATRL Moderator

By the way, we're going MAJOR today. All singles from here on out.

The remix made me like this song less somehow, and I love Ice, idr if that factored into my score tho

2 minutes ago, Rigalo said:

The remix made me like this song less somehow, and I love Ice, idr if that factored into my score tho

Yeah the remix was so disappointing. I feel like Ice Spice and Taylor were never going to mesh well together. Ice really needs someone as kooky as her who can match her energy. She missed the mark with this one

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

iqTtilE.png

NOBODY GETS ME

Average score: 7.33

High score: 10 (@Katamari, @byzantium, @Achilles., @Norte, @Taemira)

Low score: (@4Real, @madonnas)

Fans like their SZA moody and contemplative, even despairing and self-reproachful – but this fourth single from SOS was apparently a touch too far into the languid and morose. An acoustic guitar ballad about struggling to let go of her ex-fiancé, “Nobody Gets Me” is alternative rock bordering on country, with a melody that recalls Mazzy Star’s “Fade Into You”; there’s not a hint of R&B to be found. When it was released alongside the album in December, with a simple black-and-white music video shot atop a New York apartment building, audiences swiftly gravitated to “Kill Bill” instead, though “Nobody Gets Me” did manage to debut at #10 on the Billboard Hot 100. 

Best bit: “You was feelin' empty so you lеft me/Now I'm stuck dealin' with a deadbeat”

ATRL says…: “This is Kelly Clarkson’d,” @madonnas quipped in an apparent diss. @a_d_22 called it “overrated, but still good.”

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.