• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

With the way this rate is going, the entire top-10 will be Renaissance tracks :rip: (Not that I would oppose that)

• ATRL Moderator

I forgot to mention that "You're On Your Own, Kid" has the most 10's of any track outside the top forty of the countdown.

This next one takes us over a 7 average.

1 minute ago, supaspaz said:

We're about to make it a triple

Please don't be Maroon please don't be Maroon please don't be Maroon

I actually gave anti-hero quite a respectable score, but damn... :rip:

Had no idea You're On Your Own Kid was such a fan favourite. But then again it kind of embodies exactly who she is and what she stands for so I can understand why her fans would eat that up

She let Kate bush in with that one :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Katamari said:

She let Kate bush in with that one :clap3:

The singer? Or is there some relative of the war criminal president that I'm unaware of?

• ATRL Moderator

btIuElf.png

THE GREAT WAR

Average score: 7.04

High score: 10 (@a_d_22, @brokee, @State of Grace., @Virgos Groove, @Achilles.)

Low score: 1 (@madonnas)

When Taylor wasn’t yet ready to lay down arms, pulling more bombs from her past instead, her partner, patient and forgiving, kept reaching out his hand and offering peace until they finally resolved “The Great War.” This hopeful tale of a relationship surviving its greatest conflict is one of only a handful of Aaron Dessner collaborations in this Jack Antonoff-produced era, all of which ended up as bonus tracks on Midnights (3am Edition).

Best bit: “You drew up some good faith treaties/I drew curtains closed, drank my poison all alone”

ATRL says…: It reminded @Rev8 of “several songs,” though he didn’t say which ones. @madonnas thought it was “the same boring shit over and over. The same vocal cadence. The same lyrical cliches.”

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, kandicha said:

So that’s most of Midnights and Harry’s House before any of Rennie

Most of Un Verano Sin Ti and half of SOS as well.

• ATRL Moderator

Yeah that one was soo bad.  Like girl.  Whoever said anti hero was an AI Taylor song was right but it basically applies to the entire album. 

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, greento said:

Horrible update

i love REN but something needs to go

Should I keep going? I may have a gift for you.

1 minute ago, supaspaz said:

Should I keep going? I may have a gift for you.

Pls

people just be hating cuz it’s Taylor at this point, The Great War easily should have made the top 10

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, cockatoo said:

Classic dramatic title from pop's resident drama queen

This one actually kind of worked for me!

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, greento said:

Pls

people just be hating cuz it’s Taylor at this point, The Great War easily should have made the top 10

I do need some justice for "Bigger Than the Whole Sky"

Thank the LORD

Anti-Hero one of the worst songs she's ever made, like atrociously written, sung and produced. The Great War a big loss tho, superb track

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

jv4quEw.png

SAKURA

Average score: 7.08

High score: 10 (@Soda Pop Queen, @CBC, @madonnas, @Taemira)

Low score: 1 (@jacklovesyou1)

Motomami closes on a contemplative note with this flamenco ballad, produced as though it was recorded live during a concert, where a clear-eyed Rosalía reflects on the fleeting beauty of fame through the metaphor of the “Sakura,” the Japanese cherry blossom.

Best bit: “Que si estoy en esto es para romper/Y si me rompo con esto, pues me romperé/¿Y qué?/Solo hay riesgo si hay algo que perder”

ATRL says…: “I can see what she was trying to do here, but the reverb of the live recording kinda ruined it for me,” @cockatoo said. @Ewan Chaos wasn’t sure why he disliked it, but noted “this has always been my least favorite on the album.”

• ATRL Moderator
11 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

With the way this rate is going, the entire top-10 will be Renaissance tracks :rip: (Not that I would oppose that)

This would honestly be a slay. But I did provide a hint about this before the countdown started...

She has such beautiful vocals on that song so I still like it but the song itself is a bit boring

Sakura is literally the only song from Motomami I still come back to, the rest aged like milk. A shame

13 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

It's going to be 9 Tracks from Renaissance + Would've Could've Should've :giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.