This Was 2022 | Beyoncé's groove

supaspaz

2 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Final predictions on what missed the top ten?

Hope it is not El Apagod

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

• ATRL Moderator

Cuff it or candy should leave 

Just now, madonnas said:

It’s the best song left 

Me talking about Saoko, Pure/Honey, Alien Superstar, and Good Days

1 minute ago, 4Real said:

Hope it is not El Apagod

Or Candy!

• ATRL Moderator

8K1rq7h.png

CANDY

Average score: 8.24

High score: 10 (@CBC@byzantium, @4Real, @MP2K@Virgos Groove@Subomie)

Low score: 5 (@Achilles.)

Rosalía puts an ex-lover out of her mind, forgetting his face and the shape of his body, on this somber reggaeton ballad from Motomami. The chorus interpolates Burial’s dance track “Archangel” – itself built on a sample of Ray J’s “One Wish” – while the first verse references dancing and falling in love to Plan B’s 2014 hit “Candy,” which provides the title. Serving as a promotional single, with a music video inspired by the karaoke sequence from Lost In Translation filmed in the Shibuya neighborhood of Tokyo, “Candy” made a brief run on the Latin chart, peaking at #17. It just missed the top tier of our countdown, finishing about five points behind tenth place.

Best bit: “Pero de olvidarte yo ya hice un arte”

SAOKO PAPIIIIIIIII SAOKOOOOO top 10 :WAP: 

Just now, supaspaz said:

8K1rq7h.png

CANDY

Average score: 8.24

High score: 10 (@CBC@byzantium, @4Real, @MP2K@Virgos Groove@Subomie)

Low score: 5 (@Achilles.)

Rosalía puts an ex-lover out of her mind, forgetting his face and the shape of his body, on this somber reggaeton ballad from Motomami. The chorus interpolates Burial’s dance track “Archangel” – itself built on a sample of Ray J’s “One Wish” – while the first verse references dancing and falling in love to Plan B’s 2014 hit “Candy,” which provides the title. Serving as a promotional single, with a music video inspired by the karaoke sequence from Lost In Translation filmed in the Shibuya neighborhood of Tokyo, “Candy” made a brief run on the Latin chart, peaking at #17. It just missed the top tier of our countdown, finishing about five points behind tenth place.

Best bit: “Pero de olvidarte yo ya hice un arte”

:emofish:

• ATRL Moderator

I feel like I underrated "Candy." Should have given it a 10.

• ATRL Moderator

Sad to lose so many motomami tracks but that and despecha were the two that needed the boot.  

• ATRL Moderator

So did we really get one rosalia, one sza, and one BB track in the top10? And the rest Beyoncé? 

• ATRL Moderator

So with Rosalía losing five of her remaining six songs today (!), Renaissance is the only album heading into the top ten with more than one track.

• ATRL Moderator

Your top ten!

MOTOMAMI
“Saoko”

UN VERANO SIN TI
“El Apagón”

RENAISSANCE
“Alien Superstar”
“Cuff It”
“Virgo’s Groove”
“Heated”
“America Has a Problem”
“Pure/Honey”
“Summer Renaissance”

SOS
“Good Days”

• Like 1

Just now, supaspaz said:

So with Rosalia losing five of her remaining six tracks today (!), Renaissance is the only album heading into the top ten with more than one track.

has any album ever stomped the top 10 like this? :WAP:

An incredible Top 10. I'd replace AHAP with Hentai or YOYOK/Maroon/WCS.

gretchen-singing.gif

• ATRL Moderator

Motomami is honestly not deserving to be so limited but I’m happy for Beyoncé.  I put 1) moto 2) ren as my aoty list last year but I’m realizing Renaissance is probably the album of the decade 

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Cuff it is the only song I didn’t give a 10 in the top 10 :toofunny2:

and I gave it a 9

• ATRL Moderator

So my hope is to do the finale tomorrow afternoon. Until then, make your predictions! Which Renaissance track is winning? Or can one of these other artists pull off an upset?

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, madonnas said:

Cuff it is the only song I didn’t give a 10 in the top 10 :toofunny2:

and I gave it a 9

One member has you beat. Gave everything a 10 except "Pure/Honey," which got a 9.5.

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, supaspaz said:

So my hope is to do the finale tomorrow afternoon. Until then, make your predictions! Which Renaissance track is winning? Or can one of these other artists pull off an upset?

It’s not uncommon in rates for an artist to pull an upset like that, because many  will have a stronger consensus as to what the best song it and they don’t get a “this is overrated” sabotage.  I’m just remembering kelis stomping on Aaliyah and brandy.  

I don’t see it happening here though.  

I really didn’t give a whole lot of 10s outside of Ren teehee :keir: but I’ll call it and say Virgo’s Groove will probably end up being #1 

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.