• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

something oddly poetic about Cozy getting the boot as soon as pride month ends when it has the flag color section

ATRL more considerate than the Supreme Court :jonnycat:

• Haha 5

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, cloudbusting said:

something oddly poetic about Cozy getting the boot as soon as pride month ends when it has the flag color section

ATRL more considerate than the Supreme Court :jonnycat:

Exactly. We're classy, like the corporations that change the rainbow logo back on July 1.

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator

arrYDCd.png

BIZCOCHITO

Average score: 7.89

High score: 10 (@supaspaz, @CBC, @4Real, @Ewan Chaos, @State of Grace., @madonnas, @Norte, @V3$$3L.)

Low score: 1 (@creativity.)

The biggest hit of Rosalía’s career may not be any particular song, but rather a viral meme of her miming chewing gum each night on the Motomami World Tour, which briefly seemed to take over the internet last summer. It would not have been possible without “Bizcochito,” a hyperactive dismissal of her critics that provides the perfect soundtrack for a swaggering hip pop and exaggerated eye roll.

Best bit: “No basé mi carrera en tener hits/Tengo hits porque yo senté las bases”

ATRL says…: “I knew I loved this,” @Ewan Chaos shared, “but I didn't know how much I loved it until it went viral and people said it was like ‘music that plays when a cat is chasing a mouse’ and like...yaas.” @madonnas called it a “ringtone rap anthem.” But @cockatoo wanted to fight “this TikTok terrorism. I can't get that image of her pretending to chew gum out of my head.”

:clap3:worst song on the album

edit: Cozy not the classic Bizcochito!

Edited by Sanguine

• ATRL Moderator

Should have been too 3

• ATRL Moderator

Low-key iconic single out next

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, kandicha said:

What a moment it was when Bizcochito briefly took over TikTok :wanda:

The memes were so good. A rare viral internet moment that I had actually had IRL friends who were obsessed with it.

• ATRL Moderator

rHHLFhc.png

DESPECHÁ

Average score: 7.99

High score: 10 (@a_d_22, @CBC, @Katamari, @brokee, @Devin, @State of Grace., @cockatoo, @Crashed, @Subomie, @Norte)

Low score: 1 (@V3$$3L.)

Fans first heard this mambo taunt of a jealous ex when Rosalía performed it alongside several other then-unreleased tracks on the opening night of her tour last summer. The effusive response led her to service “Despechá” as the lead single for the Motomami + rerelease, with the audience at another concert a few weeks later choosing the title over “Lao a Lao,” a reference to one of the song’s biggest hooks. A buoyant bop with a Majorca beach day music video to match, it was a relative smash for Rosalía, reaching #63 on the Billboard Hot 100 and riding the chart for several months as it topped Latin radio and even cracked the top forty on the rhythmic format.

Best bit: “Lo muevo de la'o a la'o y a otro la'o”

ATRL says…: “I would give this a 20/10 if I could. She DID that,” @Katamari lauded. @cockatoo deemed it “excellence, no notes.” The melody reminded @Rev8 of another song but “I can’t put my finger on it,” he wrote. “Surprised it blew so much also.”

• ATRL Moderator

“Despechá” seemed like it might be headed for the top ten, and then it got a bunch of mediocre to bad scores in the final few ballots. There's only one remaining song that scored a 1, and it's in the top five.

The Motomami re release is mostly unnecessary but Despecha is excellent. I gave it an 8.5 but should’ve given it a 10 

Despechá isn’t my favorite song on MOTOMAMI, but it’s so fun and really pops off live :WAP:

Mess :rip: This shouldnt be out before Tití Me Preguntó, All Up In Your Mind, Blind, or America Has a Remix Better Than The Album Version

I gave high scores to basically all the remaining songs so I'll be getting lots of mentions :toofunny3:

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, creativity. said:

The Motomami re release is mostly unnecessary but Despecha is excellent. I gave it an 8.5 but should’ve given it a 10 

It's very, very fun, but not a 10 for me because it can't quite compare to most creatively bonkers moments from the album.

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, State of Grace. said:

Mess :rip: This shouldnt be out before Tití Me Preguntó, All Up In Your Mind, Blind, or America Has a Remix Better Than The Album Version

Well, one of these is next, even though it shouldn't be!

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Ooh, and we're about to go over an 8 average! Big moment.

1 minute ago, supaspaz said:

Ooh, and we're about to go over an 8 average! Big moment.

Did anything get over a 9 in this rate?

• ATRL Moderator

jdxflQO.png

ALL UP IN YOUR MIND

Average score: 8.01

High score: 10 (@supaspaz, @Rev8, @Rigalo, @cockatoo, @madonnas, @Ace Reject, @Sanguine, @V3$$3L.)

Low score: 4 (@305, @CBC)

Beyoncé XCX jumps out as she flirts with hyperpop on this come-hither flurry from Renaissance, a romantic advance so insistent that it borders on stalking. (“It stops at a crime and I'm gonna make you mine,” she practically threatens her crush.) The equally emphatic synth-heavy production on “All Up In Your Mind” – pounding, squiggling, groaning, glistening – comes courtesy of some of the most unexpected collaborators Beyoncé has ever worked with, including BloodPop and A.G. Cook.

Best bit: “Be careful what you ask for 'cause I just might comply”

ATRL says…: “Giving it the love that it deserves!” @Rev8 cheered. “Poor y’all for hating this masterpiece.” @cockatoo didn’t “understand why everyone seems to hate this? It's my favourite song on the album.”

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, creativity. said:

Did anything get over a 9 in this rate?

Only one song. Which is wild!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.