This Was 2022 | Beyoncé's groove

supaspaz

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, 4Real said:

Sweet Nothing is the worst song on Midnights

It might actually be "Anti-Hero." But if I'm being clouded by everything surrounding it, then "Paris" takes the cake easily.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

Totally agree that this suffered from "tired of this type of song from minute 45 on an album that has 45 more minutes" but it's cute! Certainly could have outlasted other songs but oh well.

Honestly I'm tired of hearing that song on every single Instagram story when people go to Cancun or any beach destination :rip:

LAX and the two bad bunny songs are bops what are y’all doin :rip: 

1 minute ago, supaspaz said:

It might actually be "Anti-Hero." But if I'm being clouded by everything surrounding it, then "Paris" takes the cake easily.

The best one :gaycat4:

• ATRL Moderator

Everyone who's been begging for a Midnights lashing, buckle up.

This was a solid 7 at least

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, 4Real said:

The best one :gaycat4:

It's definitely not that!

• ATRL Moderator

xFGVeDm.png

MASTERMIND

Average score: 5.75

High score: 10 (@a_d_22, @Katamari, @BlackoutZone)

Low score: 1 (@madonnas, @Norte, @V3$$3L.)

Is love the fortune of fate or a carefully laid plan of a Machiavellian schemer? The former notion has been a central theme of Taylor’s career, driving the romantic sweep of some of her best work. But on this racing confession from Midnights, the truth comes out: she’s a “Mastermind” who treats relationships like a sport – and she plays to win. It feels like perhaps the most honest sentiment Taylor has ever put to record.

Best bit: “You see, all the wisеst women/Had to do it this way/'Cause we were born to be the pawn/In every lover's game”

ATRL says…: “Songs that start strong and build to absolutely nothing example 14819,” @cockatoo complained.

She didn't have the mind of a mastermind (what's that I dunno) when she made this song

she did what needed to be done with mastermind

it ends too soon tbh :cm: 

i think i gave out like two 1's :bibliahh:yall straight up panning these songs :bibliahh:

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Ewan Chaos said:

She didn't have the mind of a mastermind (what's that I dunno) when she made this song

One thing about them tables...they turn.

20 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

"Sweet Nothing" is one of the best songs on Midnights

Not when it sounds like an unfinished demo!

Screaming at it outlasting Mastermind too :deadbanana4: 

• ATRL Moderator

emS5OLQ.png

PARIS

Average score: 5.90

High score: (@byzantium, @jacklovesyou1)

Low score: 1 (@CBC@V3$$3L.)

From the power-pop chorus to the symbolic invocation of one the world’s great cities – representing, in this case, the romantic escapism of holing up in the bedroom with your lover for the weekend – this bonus track from Midnights (3am Edition) is basically a 1989 B-side. Unfortunately, “Paris” is no “Welcome to New York.” I’m not sure what’s more unreal: the idea presented in the first verse that Taylor wouldn’t be reading her own press or that abominable shade line. (We need a moratorium on Taylor singing about shade, stat!) Better luck in Rome, babe.

Best bit: “Let the only flashing lights be the tower at midnight”

• ATRL Moderator

As I add these YouTube videos to every post, I am getting relentless ads for a movie called Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken that I have never heard of before tonight.

• ATRL Moderator

Oh wow, poor "Paris." No one cares!

Well, the next one is controversial...with me.

I'm glad you pointed out the shade line so I could look for it myself

Just now, supaspaz said:

Oh wow, poor "Paris." No one cares!

:laugh:

• ATRL Moderator

LRRboiF.png

SWEET NOTHING

Average score: 5.98

High score: 10 (@a_d_22

Low score: 1 (@4Real, @creativity.)

There is admittedly some cognitive dissonance in the scenes of domestic bliss on Midnights, when just months later Taylor would break things off with her beau, Joe Alwyn, after more than six years. But man, if “Sweet Nothing” doesn’t hit anyway, the twinkling piano synth and skipping delivery evoking a certain schoolgirl charm that feels so refreshing after several austere eras spent wandering through the woods in flannel. I can only assume its low placement is a mistake by voters too exhausted at this point in the album to fully appreciate its lighthearted magic.

Best bit: “On the way home/I wrote a poem/You say, ‘What a mind’/This happens all the time”

ATRL says...: “Florence & Tay's ex sweeties...” @Ewan Chaos sighed.

Neither of us giving it a 10 tho LMAO 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.