This Was 2022 | Beyoncé's groove

supaspaz

• ATRL Moderator

5zBKAUL.png

KEEP DRIVING

Average score: 5.10

High score: 9 (@Quicksand)

Low score: 1 (@a_d_22, @4Real@MP2K@creativity.)

In case it wasn’t clear yet where this rate is headed, the countdown will just “Keep Driving” through Harry’s House, with this deceptively sunny metaphor about a couple beginning to notice the cracks in their relationship getting the boot next.

Best bit: “We held darkness in withheld clouds”

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

I tried to give 1s to the Harry songs that were genuinely awful and reserved my 2s for the songs that were just boring. Nice to see my 1s leave first

Not only one song above 9. when more than half of Ren/Motomami deserve that :skull:

Good start so far

IMG_6698.thumb.gif.54a5e329d9f84d61262e2

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, creativity. said:

I’m here! Hairy Hole is one of the worst pop albums I’ve listened to in years so very pleased to see it go

As someone who actually enjoys a lot of Harry's music, I think he'll become a much more interesting artist when he gets into some hairy holes and finds a boyfriend of his own. It would give him something to say!

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator

A new album up next! Who will take the hit?

• ATRL Moderator

Probably nobody gets me 

3 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

As someone who actually enjoys a lot of Harry's music, I think he'll become a much more interesting artist when he gets into some hairy holes and finds a boyfriend of his own. It would give him something to say!

i-

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, madonnas said:

Probably nobody gets me 

The thing is, I’m not a Harry hater! I absolutely love some of his songs (Sign of the Times, watermelon sugar) but his albums are filled with bland ballads that drive me crazy. 

I agree that him becoming gay would lead to more interesting music, but I firmly believe he’s 100% straight, unfortunately 

• ATRL Moderator

budFe4K.png

VIGILANTE SHIT

Average score: 5.10

High score: 10 (@Soda Pop Queen, @Taemira)

Low score: 1 (@Ewan Chaos, @BlackoutZone, @Norte)

Is Taylor a convincing femme fatale? Not particularly. But she tries so hard on this simmering revenge fantasy from Midnights that it becomes a camp artifact far more interesting than at least half of that slog of an album. Surely there a few boring bonus tracks “Vigilante Shit” could have beaten.

Best bit: “Draw the cat eye sharp enough to kill a man” becoming a catchphrase for delusional white women everywhere

ATRL says…: “Forgot how bad this song was :deadbanana:" @Ewan Chaos moaned. “Is this for the Rep stans or something?” @cockatoo pointed out that “every time she tries to sound ‘bad,’ it comes across as so tryhard.” @madonnas just laughed and enjoyed himself: “lol at least this song’s funny.”

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

"Vigilante Shit" is so unintentionally hilarious! How could this be your least favorite from Midnights?

• Thanks 1

Taylor has worse songs in here

Edited by 4Real

Worst song on the album and a 5 average is fitting. But should have been higher than some other HH songs.

IMG_6698.thumb.gif.54a5e329d9f84d61262e2

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, creativity. said:

I agree that him becoming gay would lead to more interesting music, but I firmly believe he’s 100% straight, unfortunately 

I guess he could sing about trying dick and not enjoying it even though everybody expected him to.

Two thoughts

1) there was a tweet where someone overlayed Vigilante Sht on the horrific bedroom scene from Terrifier 2 and it made me cackle, wish I could find it

2) the performance at the Eras Tour was fun and sultry but also 3 hours into the show and I was exhausted, so I didn’t really get much out of it

• ATRL Moderator

mcAtJsM.png

MATILDA

Average score: 5.22

High score: 10 (@Norte)

Low score: 1 (@a_d_22, @Ewan Chaos, @madonnas, @creativity., @Sanguine)

Falling somewhere between Billy Joel and Ed Sheeran, this lilting ballad – which jumps fluently from acoustic guitar to piano and back – draws inspiration from the troubled upbringing of a friend, who is disguised as Matilda Wormwood, the beloved telekinetic bookworm and family abuse victim created by Roald Dahl. Though not a single, “Matilda” was one of four tracks from Harry’s House to debut in the top ten of Billboard Hot 100 upon the album’s release, reaching #9.

Best bit: “You don't have to be sorry for doin' it on your own”

ATRL says…: “Maybe a bit too overhated in the fanbase?” @Rev8 offered. @Ewan Chaos apologized to “Matilda ‘Oh yes I love to read’ Wormwood SWEETIE!” @madonnas felt “there’s really no reason for music like this to exist anymore. It’s been done 10012734891274021x.”

Oh wow everyone is so much harsher than I am now! But it's all deserved 

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, creativity. said:

2) the performance at the Eras Tour was fun and sultry but also 3 hours into the show and I was exhausted, so I didn’t really get much out of it

Cute. She had her little Roxie Hart moment!

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Reverie said:

Oh wow everyone is so much harsher than I am now! But it's all deserved 

But that's how we end up with only one song getting above a 9 average.

“there’s really no reason for music like this to exist anymore. It’s been done 10012734891274021x.”

Me, after every single track on the album :gaycat4:

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Subomie said:

Me, after every single track on the album :gaycat4:

"Music For a Sushi Restaurant" is so unfairly maligned

Just now, supaspaz said:

But that's how we end up with only one song getting above a 9 average.

That's... crazy. Were the girls sabotaging? Did everybody suddenly become a super strict rater?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.