JLo more talented than Mariah. Why?

TheVelvetFg

9 minutes ago, stevyy said:

she sounds like maria callas and 1988 whitney. vocal bible.

Not OT at all but why do y'all talk about Maria Callas but not Rosa Ponselle? My personal fave from that time period :heart: I've seen Maria Callas brought up twice today :jonny5:

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• JustLikeHoney

• stevyy

• Rocket

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

full of dupes/weird pressed OMCH

I wonder why

suburbannature

WHAT is this thread??? :ahh::ahh::ahh:

OT: J.Lo is a hustler and that's genuinely respectable, but she is NOT more talented than Mariah. :hoetenks:

Just now, Shendelzare said:

I wonder why

suburbannature

I know shendelzare.thumb.gif.f169b483fc842a7bb2 isn't talking

Just now, Devin said:

Its no Underneath The Stars but I’ll accept.

You're right. It's better.

12 minutes ago, Rocket said:

You should pursue a career as a standup comedian, because these jokes have me on the floor.

I'd imagine your knees are in contact with the floor regularly. 

4 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Literally...what...

Even with contemporary reception and taking out retrospective reviews completely - a comparison with JLo/Xtina is unhinged.

Caution is 30 POINTS higher than JLo's highest album score. Not to mention Daydream, Butterfly, Debut's original receptions. And Mariah was nominated for AOTY three times, Producer of the Year in 1992 as the second female ever while JLo never won a Grammy for her work or received an AOTY nom. Xtina was never nominated for AOTY either.

I guess you didn't see my last post.

That was my truce :rip:.

Just now, Rocket said:

I am Free >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

6 minutes ago, toxicgenie said:

Its interesting that both are the same age, but JLo keeps improving as a singer snd actor... Where will they be 5 years from now at this rate?

As a singer, I don't see JLo ever getting any actual critical acclaim no matter how stable her 1.5-octave voice is at age 60. I could see her riding on some popular young artist to give her a quick hit or 2 though.

As an actress, don't know how long she can maintain leading in romantic comedies. That genre is, unfortunately, ageist. Literally zero acclaimed directors are giving her any material to expand her range beyond her stereotypical roles (sexy roles with some humor). Who knows Ben Affleck might carve out a role for her in one of his movies...?

2 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Speaking of.

It's so interesting how big and loud Mariah Carey stans are, like I see them everywhere on Twitter :skull: But they are nowhere to be found when it comes buying and streaming her actual music? The GP is saving her every year with her Xmas classic though 

Edited by Pluto2022

3 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

So that user gets more dick than you? 

Speaking of.

Someone call up the SHOF, stat.

Speaking of.

J.lo is such a versatile songwriter. Mariah should b thrown out and Jennifer should be inducted into the hall of fame instead. She speaks the language of cpac goers. 

Just now, bijonse said:

So that user gets more dick than you? 

I'm a proud ****.

SlaWHOw.png

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

It so interesting how big and loud Mariah stans are, like I see them everywhere on Twitter :skull: But they are nowhere to be found when it comes buying and streaming her actual music? The GP is saving her every year with her Xmas classic though 

right now, Mariah is doing better than her non-peers in streaming. but I get the gist. 

It so interesting how big and loud Mariah stans are, like I see them everywhere on Twitter :skull: But they are nowhere to be found when it comes buying and streaming her actual music? The GP is saving her every year with her Xmas classic though 

Huh? Mariah is actually the most streamed pre-2000s female artist after Britney and Shakira. And it’s March 2023. 

I think I have reported 2-3 people over 25 times today. <3

6 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Nasty as always, but glad to see you're at least being your true self on this account now.

18 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

So you now choose to cherry pick one, post-Glitter album after your original comment was proven to be FAR from reality. 

The review for Emotions album have me screaming LOL

This is acclaim to you ?  Gospel without soul is rather fitting. 

@Intuition

In The New York Times, Stephen Holden believed the record showcased Carey's vocal strengths more effectively than her debut, but showed no improvement in writing lyrics, which Holden said "describe the rapturous highs and desperate lows of romance in blunt, strung-together pop clichés, with minimal rhyming."[38] Arion Berger from Entertainment Weekly found the record "colder and more calculated" than Carey's debut, describing Emotions as "the hybrid progeny of a venerable tradition — the tradition of the R&B diva — and crass commercial instincts. It's gospel without soul, love songs without passion, pop without buoyancy."[34] Orlando Sentinel editor Parry Gettelman was also critical of Carey's vocal acrobatics, writing that the singer had become "so enamored of the ultra-high-frequency part of her range that I'm starting to suspect she may be an intergalactic spy trying to re- establish communications with the far-off Planet of Dogs."

Check your twitter algorithms, dear. Maybe the way you use Twitter brings you close to these "loud" fans.

Her streams are really good for a legacy act though. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.