Michelle Yeoh holds The Academy accountable, deletes post after backlash

Dark Phoenix

15 hours ago, MaoMars said:

between their lack of COJONES from last year's televised assault on Chris Rock and and this mess with Andrea and Michelle, you can only come to a conclusion: Honey Boo Boo is probably the one directing the Oscars cause they can't do anything right!

Regardless of who deserves what and whether she'd deserve to be affected by something so arbitrary given the historical implications, at least there'd be some semblance of clarity on the topic - we could have AVOIDED all of this. I realize the Academy's a bunch of boomers but they've brought this on themselves for literally waiting for an incident as opposed to taking care of the social media rule over a decade ago :ace: 

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• family.guy123

• Enrique523

• Betty White

:rip:

That awkward moment when she either win or lose at the ceremony :rip:

On 3/7/2023 at 5:46 PM, Indigo Blue said:

She didn’t go far enough. The Oscars are racist. 

On 3/8/2023 at 8:32 AM, Espresso said:

Do you have a link on this?

In what way? Just deletion of her IG and from her stories now too? That's just...her.

You're implying they're literally trying to get press coverage of this dropped too - where and how?

You can’t mention other names when campaigning for yourself or studios in your behalf. Mentioning them like vote for xxxx cuz xxxx blah blah… Andrea Riseborough was investigated because of this(the campaign but one post was the most mentioned). One social media post that wasn’t even her like Michelle(it was the movies ig) posted an article that mentioned blanchette too. 

Idgaf what anyone says.. 

Cate has the better performance. 

She should win. 

That's so stupid to say "she already has 2 so give me this one". 

Girl chill if you want one so desperately and you wont win this time. Do more films :giraffe:

She's just pressed that Miss Winslet had the better performance,,,

1 minute ago, Phonography said:

She's just pressed that Miss Winslet had the better performance,,,

Miss Winslet did NOT deliver a better performance than Miss Yeoh. Give her the damn Oscar already

Well, I stick with my argument pages ago that the performances are wildly different, valuing different forms of film art entirely, and therefore shouldn't be compared. 

I also stick with my prediction that this year's category is now forever tainted in the history books because you can't poll all 9,000+ Academy members on their thoughts regarding Michelle (and Andrea!) breaking the rules (that they're apparently still figuring out?????), even if there was just an hour plus of voting time left after the former made her IG post.

I also stick with the prediction that Cate will win the category and this forum will lose it's collective minds. We'll also never know the vote breakdown but if we ever find out I do think it'll be closer than the general public thinks. There is a split in the awards circuit coming into this between the two that will be reflected in the tally, even if we never find out the exact numbers.

15 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Cate has the better performance. 

She should win. 

That's so stupid to say "she already has 2 so give me this one". 

Girl chill if you want one so desperately and you wont win this time. Do more films :giraffe:

That's literally the entire point of her argument - that she likely won't have this chance again. :deadvision:

1 hour ago, Espresso said:

That's literally the entire point of her argument - that she likely won't have this chance again. :deadvision:

And why not? If shes a good actress she will

Half of the people (maybe more) in this thread claiming Cate (and Riseborough) gave a better performance have never seen TAR.  Just anti-woke bandwagoners. 

22 hours ago, besaid said:

Classless and low but didn't expect much else from Michelle. Rooting for Winslet :clap3:

Winslet is sending me :bibliahh:

Good luck to miss Kate, she's gonna need it. We all stand with her!

On 3/8/2023 at 5:44 PM, Espresso said:

No one here can agree whether this will have helped or hurt her case, and ultimately, none of us will ever know, unless they literally do a widespread poll of the industry like they did when Brokeback Mountain lost Best Picture to Crash because it was so controversial at the time (a lot recanted from what was a very effective homophobic campaign against the former at the time). 

They better do this with The Power Of The Dog, CODA isn't 1/100th of the movie TPOTD is :gayorkcat2:

48 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

And why not? If shes a good actress she will

Older actress of color don’t get as many as opportunities as white women like Cate or Frances no matter how good of actress they are…. why is that so hard to understand ??

The way every contender can't stop talking about Cate Blanchett this season, always setting the bar. :alexz:

25 minutes ago, K@rm@ said:

Older actress of color don’t get as many as opportunities as white women like Cate or Frances no matter how good of actress they are…. why is that so hard to understand ??

Because its bull.. 

There are actresses, older and of color that get booked plenty. 

You just have to have IT. 

Nowdays i dont buy it. It's an excuse 

3 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Because its bull.. 

There are actresses, older and of color that get booked plenty. 

You just have to have IT. 

Nowdays i dont buy it. It's an excuse 

name 3 big asian women on hollywood... quickly

All the asian lead actress nominees before this year:

it's like y'all have never heard about a dirty campaign before. this is mild, michelle did absolutely nothing wrong. give her the oscar, she bodied cate

35 minutes ago, helpthomas said:

it's like y'all have never heard about a dirty campaign before. this is mild, michelle did absolutely nothing wrong. give her the oscar, she bodied cate

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that Michelle wouldn't have done this if Andrea hadn't have done anything either. 

Too much foul play, give the oscar to Sir Winslet already :clap3:

Edited by Phonography

On 3/8/2023 at 6:59 AM, yonsé said:

and the fact that it makes y’all uncomfortable says a lot about how you feel about the system changing

Nobody is uncomfortable. Disagreeing with Yeoh doesn't mean one is uncomfortable. The narratives you play in your head are something else.

27 minutes ago, Monday Night Messiah said:

Nobody is uncomfortable. Disagreeing with Yeoh doesn't mean one is uncomfortable. The narratives you play in your head are something else.

What are you disagreeing with though? Also, it was only one part of aa full article that she reposted

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.