• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• family.guy123

• Enrique523

• Betty White

7 minutes ago, Buffy said:

No and that is a racist question to ask

No it’s not. White people have a harder time relating to and empathizing with stories about immigrants and PoC so it makes sense that a white person would have an adverse reaction to this film because they are finally presented with a film that doesn’t cater to them 

Michelle was not that good in EEAAO. She honestly got outshined by Stephanie. She really doesn’t deserve the award, but this is likely her only chance to get it given her mediocre filmography. I don’t see her getting roles after this either, considering this scandal. 

Cate’s movie is boring and nothing outstanding by her standards. They just want to hype her up. That being said, the category is rather underwhelming anyways so just give it to her and be done with it. It’s gonna happen anyways, just like Angela is gonna win supporting actress for a role she doesn’t really deserve it for. Tonight is the night of handing out legacy awards before this award show is finally buried 6 feet under.

The only reason I would like to see Michelle get the award is because I would love to see Jackie Panned fume.

9 hours ago, BionicWooHoo said:

Are y’all white?

Oh please, as if only white people can dislike that movie. The basic race commentary in the movie doesn't cover up for all the flaws it has.

10 minutes ago, Betty White said:

Oh please, as if only white people can dislike that movie. The basic race commentary in the movie doesn't cover up for all the flaws it has.

Ok Karen

52 minutes ago, Betty White said:

You're so smart 😍

Anyway, don't quote me, please!

Defensive POC Karen is defensive!!

and oh look I quoted you again, oh no!!! 

13 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

a gaga stan attacking michelle, i'm so surprised

a britney stan bitterly off topic about gaga, not surprised

She won 

16 hours ago, Betty White said:

Thanks!! My thoughts exactly. Congrats to those who won but it doesn’t change my mind that this was one of the worst movies I’ve seen.

5 hours ago, Buffy said:

Thanks!! My thoughts exactly. Congrats to those who won but it doesn’t change my mind that this was one of the worst movies I’ve seen.

good for you :smile:

56 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

So has Michelle’s win been tainted yet or are you ready to admit you just hate Andrea 

You referring to me? I don't or have ever hated Andrea. I hope we don't have to unpack this whole thing again. 

There's always going to be people that believe it is tainted.

I'm not one of them as I've said I don't think the performances are comparable and Cate flat-out rejected the "horse race" environment of the Oscars in her Critic's Choice speech which some observers are saying gave the remaining holdouts the excuse to pull Michelle over the edge. I don't agree with that hypothetical, because we'll never know the awards totals. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.