Music Acts Who Went Far Despite Little Talent

GraceRandolph

All those saying Britney :rip: Britney went far BECAUSE of her talent and vision.

• At the age of 16, she went against the wishes of her team and scrapped the earlier video concept for BOMT because she did not like it and gave the iconic concept video for 'Baby One More Time' that would go on to be on the most iconic pop music videos.
  • She was a phenomenal dancer and entertainer with charisma that could cease the attention of the audience 
  • Despite her points of assertion, she was still a teenager. Back then, independently released music was not prevalent and if you were of that age, you'd have to listen to what those in the studio suggest for u. Despite that, she had various times stated that she involves herself in the writing process (Ex- 'I'm So Curious').
  • Has been involved in the process of choreography for many of her music videos 
  • Again came up with the concept for the memorable OIDIA music video and up till that point, she had input in the video-making process of all her videos
  • She took more control in her third album which had a complete shift in image. A necessary change after the end of the teen pop boom, most of her counterparts had fallen off and there she was, giving the concept for the IAS4U MV that would re-brand her image and pave way for one of her most involved projects, ITZ.
  • One of her most successful and acclaimed tours, Dream Within a Dream tour, was a project she was largely involved in the process of. The touring director confirmed it.
  • The whole time period between 2004-2007 was the peak of it. She wrote 11 out of 14 tracks on ITZ, gave the concepts for most of her music videos (including 'Toxic'), wrote and composed 'Everytime' and 'Someday (I'll Understand)', pursued her own vision for the Blackout album, etc.
  • Since then, we have not seen much of that but there have still been instances such as giving the concept for the 'Womanizer' video and was actively involved in the process of Glory, her most acclaimed project since Blackout.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rihannafan

• lonnie

• iammadmat

• GraceRandolph

Selena. The talentlessness is astonishing

Britney might be given a pass if she actually write Everytime

Katy can write, so she's not all bad

Rih at least can sing (on the record)

14 hours ago, BlueTimberwolf said:

The fact that she even did this is confusing. Literally her just whisper-talking, while the background singers overpower her.  

oh my... :deadbanana2:

yup, the right answer is Selena

1 hour ago, LoveInStereo said:

To the people claiming Rihanna’s talented but Taylor isn’t: why was 1 of Rih’s last big hits written by Taylor with her voice all over the final song? Somebody in that equation lacks talent & it’s not Ms Swift!

Whatever you say, bud.

4 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

All those saying Britney :rip: Britney went far BECAUSE of her talent and vision.

• At the age of 16, she went against the wishes of her team and scrapped the earlier video concept for BOMT because she did not like it and gave the iconic concept video for 'Baby One More Time' that would go on to be on the most iconic pop music videos.
  • She was a phenomenal dancer and entertainer with charisma that could cease the attention of the audience 
  • Despite her points of assertion, she was still a teenager. Back then, independently released music was not prevalent and if you were of that age, you'd have to listen to what those in the studio suggest for u. Despite that, she had various times stated that she involves herself in the writing process (Ex- 'I'm So Curious').
  • Has been involved in the process of choreography for many of her music videos 
  • Again came up with the concept for the memorable OIDIA music video and up till that point, she had input in the video-making process of all her videos
  • She took more control in her third album which had a complete shift in image. A necessary change after the end of the teen pop boom, most of her counterparts had fallen off and there she was, giving the concept for the IAS4U MV that would re-brand her image and pave way for one of her most involved projects, ITZ.
  • One of her most successful and acclaimed tours, Dream Within a Dream tour, was a project she was largely involved in the process of. The touring director confirmed it.
  • The whole time period between 2004-2007 was the peak of it. She wrote 11 out of 14 tracks on ITZ, gave the concepts for most of her music videos (including 'Toxic'), wrote and composed 'Everytime' and 'Someday (I'll Understand)', pursued her own vision for the Blackout album, etc.
  • Since then, we have not seen much of that but there have still been instances such as giving the concept for the 'Womanizer' video and was actively involved in the process of Glory, her most acclaimed project since Blackout

Are these as credible as the fake Guiness World Record for the most watched TV performance of all time you came up with? :bibliahh:

6 hours ago, Eternium said:

The Taylor fans trying to sneak Rihanna and Britney in to take the heat off their fave :ahh:

Britney's absolute absence of talent was pointed out throughout all fanbases and therefore she was voted most untalented. How can you be that ignorant? :rip:

I think it’s Selena. She cant dance cant sing, she’s a mediocre actress. She has great pop songs but that’s it. Britney can dance. Taylor can write songs. Katy writes lyrics and melodies and can Also sing. Maybe Hilary Duff? But she can act at least

people saying Rihanna :biblio:

21 hours ago, Eternium said:

It’s Coldplay and BTS.

Coldplay? They’re more talented than any atrl fave :rip: 

Rihanna obviously. Can't sing, can't dance, can't write, can't play musical instrument. Once she gets Katy Perried, she's over :redface:

On 1/21/2023 at 9:46 PM, BlueTimberwolf said:

The fact that she even did this is confusing. Literally her just whisper-talking, while the background singers overpower her.  

What was the purpose of this? :toofunny2:

Selena, Britney, Taylor, Rihanna, Katy, JLo

Edited by suburbannature

3 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

What was the purpose of this? :toofunny2:

BBC Radio 1 is like the top radio station in the UK.  When artists do promo there, they perform their song and cover a radio hit. Usually, a different genre.  I guess she thought reggae would work for her voice?  :coffee:

10 hours ago, whtvrdude said:

Whatever you say, bud.

:bibliahh:omg how does she even have fans???

Definitely Selena, cant sing cant dance cant write literally strip Rihanna of her melanin and vocal chords and you'd get her.

2nd place would obviously be Rihanna, her vocal tone is literally just genetic once that runs dry from terrible technique she'll be a former shell of her radio fodder vocals.

3rd place would be Britney, while many think Katy would be better off here I digress, Katy can write and sing on a good day, Britney can just dance and even then that lasted for 5 years at most.

The Rihanna and Taylor stans in here are tiring. :rip: 

As far as the original question goes, I'm going to have to say Selena Gomez probably has the least amount of musical talent I've ever seen go so far with a music career. It is truly baffling. :skull: That said, I do like how she sounds most of the time on the record and enjoy her as an actor. :giraffe:

7 hours ago, TheRealGâteau said:

Are these as credible as the fake Guiness World Record for the most watched TV performance of all time you came up with? :bibliahh:

I didn't come up with that :rip: It was shown on her page but I found out it wasn't true and apologized for it.

Anyway, yes, because they came out from the mouth of Britney herself and the many people she worked with during the process of each these projects. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.