Golden Hit: Season 3 📀 Congrats to TruGemini! ✨

fountain

At #11 with a score of 7.55…

@mxtthewdelrey with “Not again”!

Well, I can personally say I did not envision you here in the rankings and if I had my way you would certainly be higher! To give a little leak of my score, if you add about 2 whole points and subtract a 0.05 while you’re there, you’ll see what I gave you. While one of the more decisive entries this round, I hope you know that it was a standout regardless, and how much I personally appreciated it! I’m so excited to see what you bring this season. :heart2:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Invisibility

At #10 with a score of 7.58…

@worldwide angel with “into fruition”!

What a lovely song, and I’m so glad to see it make it into the top 10! Frankly I would’ve put it even higher, but regardless this is such a great debut for this season and I hope you are proud of having written such an ethereal and beautifully optimistic song! I know you’re going to deliver amazing entries this season and I’m looking forward to reading each of them.

1 minute ago, fountain said:

At #11 with a score of 7.55…

@mxtthewdelrey with “Not again”!

Well, I can personally say I did not envision you here in the rankings and if I had my way you would certainly be higher! To give a little leak of my score, if you add about 2 whole points and subtract a 0.05 while you’re there, you’ll see what I gave you. While one of the more decisive entries this round, I hope you know that it was a standout regardless, and how much I personally appreciated it! I’m so excited to see what you bring this season. :heart2:

kii not even top 10 :dies:  

At #7 with a score of 7.75…

wait did I miss out #8?

… and #9?

nope, because we have not just two,

but three people tied with the same score!

@Euterpe with “Anew”!

@Invisibility with “For the Dearly Departed”! 

and @Remmy with “Second Chance”!

well, wow, congrats to you each on being our first three way tie in Golden Hit! I think this shows just how close the scores can be, and how minuscule things can make a big impact with the judging because if any of the judges had  changed your score by even .1 then this wouldn’t have happened :jonnycat:.
These are all great songs, and I hope your impressive shared score demonstrates that! 

3 minutes ago, mxtthewdelrey said:

kii not even top 10 :dies:  

Manifesting a top 10 slay for you next round. No, top 3! It’s gonna happen this season, I feel it :jonny5:

At #6 with a score of 8…

@DatChickDoe with “There’s No Going Back”!

Congrats on a fantastic debut score of 8! This song really showed your potential and writing ability, even despite its length being on the shorter side. I also decided to look back and I can see this song is in your top 3 highest scoring songs that you’ve submitted in Golden Hit, so I hope you’re really proud of it! You were so close to ranking top 5, but regardless this is a great start to the season and we are definitely looking forward to what you submit next!

At #5 with a score of 8.07…

@Legend E with “Peace”!

Congrats on this top 5 debut! Your song was filled with the emotional lyricism and depth that we have come to expect from your writing and as usual it was fantastic to read. I hope you’re proud of it because this is a really strong start to the season! Excited for your future submissions, and congrats again on top 5!

• ATRL Moderator

Simplicity won :clap3: 

I think this is my third highest song ever? :eek: 

At #4 with a score of 8.68…

@8thPrince with “New Year, New Me”!

Ahh this was such a creative and unique concept for this round and it made for an amazing and entertaining take on this theme! As usual I’m seriously impressed at your stand out interpretations which always leave us guessing as to what kind of song you might submit next, but of course ultimately hugely excited! Congrats on the top 4 debut and a great score and start to the season!

omfg??? I'm in the top 3 holy f*ck :heart2: thanks y'all, and thank you guys for the beautiful reviews!!!

The top 3 of Round 1, The New Year’s Challenge:

@Element

@JoeAg

@TruGemini

Congrats! You’ve each earned a Gold, Silver or Bronze token respectively which @Aurora will be posting later!

I can also say you each received a score over 9, an amazing and impressive debut this season! 

:clap3:

At #3 with a score of 9.17…

@Element with “the antonym”!

Well, we can no longer call you a Golden Hit one hit wonder now! This is your second 9+ scoring song back to back, so even with only two submissions so far it’s clear what a writing talent you’ve demonstrated in this short time, and certainly only leaves us wanting more! If you continue to submit, I have no doubt you’ll continue to serve greatness. Can’t wait to see more from you! Congrats on top 3.

At #2 with a score of 9.33…

@TruGemini with “Dreams Come True”!

If you dreamed of a stellar debut this season, then this dream certainly did come true! For a while I was a little anxious and uncertain if you’d end up submitting after the deadline had passed, but I’m so glad that you did because this song was amazing. You are such a musical force and this song was an absolute anthem. I hope you’re really proud of this and can contently know that you’ve achieved your goal of following up “Sweet Release”. Congrats on this #2, we can’t wait to see what you submit next!

Which means at #1 with a score of 9.43…

@JoeAg with “As the Gradient of the Sun Brings Us Closer to Epiphany”!

Ahh congrats on #1! How deserved, I mean wow, what a stunning and poetic song this is. Truly beautiful writing, the kind that has become synonymous with yourself! I hope you’re super proud of this #1, funnily enough these are back to back #1’s since your final song from Season 2 was also a #1! Keep up this amazing streak, and again, congrats!

11dMoheLBwEiAej8Tx8OTtCH7oRDJdjpifbXxrqC5cMus-HVkGKQy76xCNqXCbw-Yy5sjnkGkFtw-5BTyXt0VqXAsWbR_nBb5msnXa56rZ1ry6TilDV4rsWsnIvF6uZVtybINZb4YEVGcw2tn2_b5wb4kH3jRWerGJnOG1GNgftXH52iIC1abylTPsMcxA

Round 1: New Year’s Challenge

Ranking & Scores

#1 @JoeAg - “As the Gradient of the Sun Brings Us Closer to Epiphany” - 9.43

#2 @TruGemini - “Dreams Come True” - 9.33

#3 @Element - “the antonym” - 9.17

#4 @8thPrince - “New Year, New Me” - 8.68

#5 @Legend E - “Peace” - 8.07

#6 @DatChickDoe - “There’s No Going Back” - 8

#7 @Euterpe - “Anew” / @Invisibility - “For the Dearly Departed” / @Remmy - “Second Chance” - 7.75

#10 @worldwide angel - “into fruition” - 7.58

#11 @mxtthewdelrey - “Not again” - 7.55

#12 @XO_Life - “Agathist” - 7.27

#13 @Julia Fox - “Free (World’s Prettiest B*tch) - 6.9

#14 @beatinglikeadrum - “The beginning.” - 6.68

:heart:

dhV3VxZKEboXBHLLbXY0JXYjcM64w5nnB-l2fgxPM0yT5zK8419rrICYnD5E7M-U_0GFz1A-FshnmkkoqKPoNvUbqbCyhtnGaEM49IZkfhY8Zhxh1uQ1ZrjHozAmwCAfwZ5d-7nbYnhT01OTCRm2nzWXLeXYhW4Y0F_bLm8KG6ZNd2h22dvZw7iluMUQJg

• ATRL Moderator

congrats to the top 3 (and everyone else) :duca: 

1 minute ago, fountain said:

Which means at #1 with a score of 9.43…

@JoeAg with “As the Gradient of the Sun Brings Us Closer to Epiphany”!

Ahh congrats on #1! How deserved, I mean wow, what a stunning and poetic song this is. Truly beautiful writing, the kind that has become synonymous with yourself! I hope you’re super proud of this #1, funnily enough these are back to back #1’s since your final song from Season 2 was also a #1! Keep up this amazing streak, and again, congrats!

AAAAAAA omg thank you! :heart: i’m so glad y’all loved this one, the new year is always such a special time for me, i really enjoyed writing this one and i’m honestly planning on using a few of the lines in it for one of my upcoming releases ☺️ here i’ll post my submission for those of y’all who wanna check it out!

Spoiler

Our year is golden, like the last of the raindrops

Softened and warming up on the leaf from a maple

This year will be ours, like the song I hummed for you

While you fell asleep, docile, tender in my arms

But i hear new life calling

I can’t sleep for long

As the gradient pushes us into the orange of rebirth

I hold my head up like the dew could fall

Like sweat from my nose

All the water rushes down

And the liquid proves it’s our time to shine

I see the glow of harbingers reflecting in your eyes

The nights are cool, the dawns are crisp

The sun won’t cease to rise

But as I rest my hands so gently upon your shoulders

All our smile lines won’t fade, in fact they’ll glow older

But i feel the warmth of new life creeping in

I won’t sleep too long

The cold dissipates, the gradient pushes on

I hold my head up like the mote staying suspended

Like the water rushes back and forth

And the liquid proves it’s our time to shine

And i hear babies cry

Mountains curl

Lovers die

Mothers dream

Fathers dream

People calm as the gradient runs on

Crashes smoothen

Edges dull

Earth, it calms, as the gradient lives on

Live on, dream on, smoothen

Peaceful, docile, open-minded, gossamer

And hope cascades like the vagrants tumble

Down hills, down the sides on a riverbank

Grabbing on for dear life, as the river never falters

I watch them as I walk to work in this new year

Every morning, they seem to live freely

And yet I cannot imagine the pain they endure

My life is becoming a loop

Your life beckons to me

I want to be in your arms forever

For this is our year to shine

The warmth of the new life is shimmering

Scaling the trenches

The cold dissipates and the gradient flourishes on

And I can be strong

And you can be strong

And the vagrants can learn that from us

And we can help them when we are able

Mountains curl

Lovers soar

:heart2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.