Diversity 5: Let's Celebrate! | Winner revealed (pg.154)

thecptz

Thanks Euterpe

6v7vy0.gif

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Ttoki

• Dessy

• Not Like The Movies

2 hours ago, Euterpe said:

dance-ally-brooke.gif

Lets get to it!

Reveal hidden contents

Allday - Cup of Tea in the Bath

This kind of reminds me of Lifehouse. I really liked this, I enjoyed it. I don’t know what I expected from this band, but definitely better than where my thoughts went before.

Billie Eilish - bellyache

I’m not a huge Billie fan, but this song is a vibe. I think you made a good choice picking this song to go with.

Björk - Jóga

I haven’t heard many songs by this artist before, but this is the best I’ve heard from them. I liked it!

Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away With Me

Another artist I haven’t heard many songs of. I liked the chorus and the bridge, but wasn’t a huge fan of the verses.

Charli XCX - Unlock It

Have I heard a Charli song before? I’m not sure, but this wasn’t it for me. I like the bridge, but wasn’t impressed by the rest of the song.

Christina Aguilera - Dirrty

A classic! I thought it would hit me harder, but it didn’t. I still like it though.

Christopher - Famous

Is this Christopher or Rob Thomas? The world is conflicted. It was okay, but wow do those guys sound the same, it threw me off. But again… it was okay.

Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again

A classic! I don’t enjoy it as much as when I was younger, but it’s a fun song, and I do enjoy pop rock.

Doja Cat - Woman

Radio hit! Is this my favorite Doja song? Probably not. Does the chorus make me feel like a woman? Yes it does, and I jam to it every time I hear it.

Dua Lipa - Hallucinate

This song is such a fun time! Is it my favorite? No, but I think it’s a well done song with a good voice attached.

Esperanza Spalding - I Know You Know

I appreciate the jazz nature of the song, and I think her voice goes with it really well. I’d be interested to hear what her other songs are like.

FKA twigs - Two Weeks

Let me blush like a prude as I listen to this song, but also enjoy it immensely. I might put it in my rotation.

Foxes - Body Talk

I think this song was VERY good at what it’s supposed to be and what it wants to do. Subjectively, it’s not my style at all. Objectively, it’s a very well made and well sung song.

IU - Good day

This song was super cute! Not quite my style, but I can appreciate the cuteness.

Kelis - Trick Me

Interesting! I really liked the first half, but wasn’t feeling the second half as much. It felt like a throwback!

Kelly Clarkson - Catch My Breath

Kelly’s my favorite, but I have to just look at this one song. I, personally, am not a huge fan. I know it was a newer experimental type of sound for her, but I just don’t think it works for me.

Kesha - Praying

Fun fact: I think I sound great singing this song. But I also think this song is great and very well done. I can feel the emotion.

Kylie Minogue - Get Outta My Way

Does this somehow remind me of ABBA? Yes. Did I like it? Yes. Would I listen to it again? Probably not.

Lana Del Rey - Mariners Apartment Complex

Not a big Lana fan, but this was a VIBE. I’d listen to it again.

Marina - Froot

Not my favorite song of hers, but her voice goes so well with the song and melody. Very enjoyable!

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away

I love this song. It’s great. Her voice, lyrics, and melody.

New Directions (Glee) - Push It

Talk about a throwback. Not gonna lie, I couldn’t stop laughing through this.

P!nk - Who Knew

Another song I can sing well! Definitely a great song from her, very enjoyable.

Sabrina Carpenter - Sue Me

Even though I’m not the biggest fan of her voice, this song was great for her, and I’d listen to this more than once!

Shygirl - Woe

Not going to lie, I really like this. The voice and some of the experimental instrumental moments really work for me.

Slayyyter - Alone

Okay, I love this??? It’s what pop music is meant to do. Definitely a ‘00s vibe.

Solange - Sandcastle Disco

I’ve never heard Solange before. I loved the bridge! I really felt it going there! But wasn’t a huge fan of the rest, which I think is more regarding her vocal style choices in it.

SZA - Drew Barrymore

Not my favorite song of hers, but her vocals can’t miss. She just sounds so GOOD.

t.A.T.u. - Not Gonna Get Us

I really enjoyed the slower parts of the song. I wasn’t a fan of the higher energy parts. I don’t think it went with it that well.

The Cardigans - Lovefool

A classic! A classic I like? Not really. This song always annoyed me, but I appreciate the nostalgia it gives me.

Tove Lo - No One Dies From Love

I love this. This had balance and was smooth between styles, her voice is good. Whew!

TWICE - FANCY

I love this too! It just worked. I can’t describe it. I really enjoyed it!

Usher - U Remind Me

This is good nostalgia. I really like this song, and I enjoy it a lot! It hits what needs to be hit.

Yerin Baek - Square (2017)

What in the world…. Her voice is insane. Not a fan of the melody, but her voice is so good like WOW.

@Touch It @Auburn @Not Like The Movies @Overprotected @minho @Legend E @Julia Fox @Seffers @Delirious @bestfiction @luckystrike @Staryu @Noah @Alena @Rotunda @touya kinomoto @kittenish @kipperskipper @ughgabriel @Post Malone @ATRL Username @wish @Future Lover @Opulent @fiercE @brycehooha @D e v o n @Dessy @Allday @K$Ellie @Lucky#17 @Remmy@CBC@worldwide angel

much better taste! no shade!! :clap3::penguin:

hit gif

3D10E7FE-BA79-47A3-B0C6-A7BC33F5CC3A.gif

On 1/13/2023 at 3:12 PM, thecptz said:

NPrewYs.png

AUDITION

ENTRIES

we actually got 34 auditions this season, just like last season! so thank you for submitting your entry!

for those who have written explanations, your explanations have been sent to the judges to read already, mwah

while you all wait for the judges, here are all the songs in the audition for you to have fun with it OR you can just critique these songs too :heart2:

since i will be away this weekend, judges will have 48 hours (10am ET on sunday 15th) to judge your entries!!

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

Reveal hidden contents

Björk - Jóga

Charli XCX - Unlock It

Christopher - Famous

Doja Cat - Woman

Dua Lipa - Hallucinate

FKA twigs - Two Weeks

Foxes - Body Talk

IU - Good day

Kelis - Trick Me

Kesha - Praying

Marina - Froot

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away

P!nk - Who Knew

Shygirl - Woe

Slayyyter - Alone

SZA - Drew Barrymore

The Cardigans - Lovefool

TWICE - FANCY

Usher - U Remind Me

good luck :heart2:

Not my entry making it
oprah-surprise.gif

16 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

2AopB7c.png

Reveal hidden contents

Allday - Cup of Tea in the Bath: I see he was originally a pop rap artist but now changed his sound. Slight problem is this sounds like a general indie pop song you'd hear on the radio and that doesn't excite me very much.

Billie Eilish - bellyache: Your explanation as to why you sent this make sense. It's also from her early days so this being the audition entry checks out. It's also one of her better songs so kudos. 

Björk - Jóga: One of my favorite songs of all time. Can't wait to see what tricks will be pulled out of her hat later down the road. 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away With Me: The song that turned (mostly) everyone into Carly stans. I don't love this song as much as everyone else does but it does leave an impression which was the purpose of this round. 

Charli XCX - Unlock It: A fan favorite for sure in the games section. Charli's ability to make the best out of her features is admiring. 

Christina Aguilera - Dirrty: Urban smash. Always loved the grit of this song. 

Christopher - Famous: This song stands out... but not in a good way. 

Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again: One of her standout pop-rock moments. Good choice. 

Doja Cat - Woman: As someone who doesn't know Doja's catalog very much I would've liked to have a bit more insight as to why it's a "defining" moment. With that said, it does show elements of her adventurous side sonically so there's that. 

Dua Lipa - Hallucinate: It is one of her bigger hitting songs for me. I wish there was more french/euro house inspired songs like this song on FN because they're great. 

Esperanza Spalding - I Know You Know: I appreciated your explanation for this song because if it was just by itself it wouldn't have affected me much. She's clearly talented and it showcases here. 

FKA twigs - Two Weeks: It's kinda iconic and shows off her melodic strengths. 

Foxes - Body Talk: Not bad. It's not the most unique/exciting entry but I think it's adequate enough. 

IU - Good day: Haven't heard this before but I slightly enjoyed it for what it was. The multiple key changes help makes it stand out a bit. 

Kelis - Trick Me: Yea it's a bop. Tasty era had hits. 

Kelly Clarkson - Catch My Breath: This sounds of its time production wise & didn't strike me as anything noteworthy. 

Kesha - Praying: This song does contain some significance in pop culture since it both showcases her vocal ability and a rebirth of her music career. On a personal taste level however, it's not very suitable for me so i'm conflicted. I do think she has some potential though in the game if she gets further.

Kylie Minogue - Get Outta My Way: I think song holds up well enough in the maximalist electro-house pop era of the early 10s. I did expect something from Fever as an introduction but I think this works fine too. 

Lana Del Rey - Mariners Apartment Complex: This song has an interesting mix of her post-LFL singer-songwriter approach & some elements of ultraviolence. I used to not like this song but listening again, it makes sense as an entry. It also actually sounds different compared to a lot of the songs here so bonus points there too. 

Marina - Froot: Froot was her first album I listened to from her so that helps out with making a personal impact. It's also a good audition song. 

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away: I remember this smashing last diversity season. We know Miley is known for her chameleon-like pursuing of various musical genres: i.e this being released between younger now & plastic hearts, each having their own different sound. Not bad but personally there were stronger choices for her from her earlier eras. 

New Directions (Glee) - Push It: lmaooo it's something for sure. 

P!nk - Who Knew: I get the appeal in that this would be nostalgic for select people. I'm not one of those people personally but at least you chose the best single from the album it's from to showcase. 

Sabrina Carpenter - Sue Me: Not a song i'd revisit. The trap-pop attempt goes in one ear and out the other. 

Shygirl - Woe: Love your explanation and I def agree on why this song is such an interesting choice. Def a standout. 

Slayyyter - Alone: One of my favorite entries this round. Blackout inspired pop can be a treasure and the aggressive production strikes hard. 

Solange - Sandcastle Disco: You went with a bang indeed. It's a carefree/lighthearted song that can make someone's mood turn bright.

SZA - Drew Barrymore: You explanation aligns perfectly with the entry. It's not my favorite song by her but it's significant enough to have a lasting impression overall. 

t.A.T.u. - Not Gonna Get Us: Nice personal touch with the explanation. I think the song is unique enough to leave an impression on me as I do love some breakbeat. 

The Cardigans - Lovefool: I used to hear this song in my previous job's work era all the time :rip: Used to think it was Gwen singing it too. Anyway, I like this song. Def their most memorable. 

Tove Lo - No One Dies From Love: This song hasn't hit me yet & I don't think this shows off Tove as anything unique either. I think she had stronger/more unique options to showcase what makes her special as an artist. 

TWICE - FANCY: Production wise it's bouncy enough. I'm always astonished on how big they are in k-pop. 

Usher - U Remind Me: Really enjoyed this song and it reminds me a lot of the music i'm used to growing up. I wish there was more male artists used this season but perhaps this may help your case later on. 

Yerin Baek - Square (2017): This was pleasant & she has a smooth voice. She's one of the few artists i'm not familiar with but it's a fine starting point.

Btw, My judge entry for this theme:

Showcases the famous diwali riddim that's been present in multiple dancehall hits from the 00s and how well he rode the wave. Makes any dancefloor audience you encounter move their body. 

@Touch It @Auburn @Not Like The Movies @Overprotected @minho @Legend E @Julia Fox @Seffers @Delirious @bestfiction @luckystrike @Staryu @Noah @Alena @Rotunda @touya kinomoto @kittenish @kipperskipper @ughgabriel @Post Malone @ATRL Username @wish @Future Lover @Opulent @fiercE @brycehooha @D e v o n @Dessy @Allday @K$Ellie @Lucky#17 @Remmy@CBC@worldwide angel

14 hours ago, Euterpe said:

dance-ally-brooke.gif

Lets get to it!

Reveal hidden contents

This kind of reminds me of Lifehouse. I really liked this, I enjoyed it. I don’t know what I expected from this band, but definitely better than where my thoughts went before.

I’m not a huge Billie fan, but this song is a vibe. I think you made a good choice picking this song to go with.

Björk - Jóga

I haven’t heard many songs by this artist before, but this is the best I’ve heard from them. I liked it!

Another artist I haven’t heard many songs of. I liked the chorus and the bridge, but wasn’t a huge fan of the verses.

Charli XCX - Unlock It

Have I heard a Charli song before? I’m not sure, but this wasn’t it for me. I like the bridge, but wasn’t impressed by the rest of the song.

A classic! I thought it would hit me harder, but it didn’t. I still like it though.

Christopher - Famous

Is this Christopher or Rob Thomas? The world is conflicted. It was okay, but wow do those guys sound the same, it threw me off. But again… it was okay.

A classic! I don’t enjoy it as much as when I was younger, but it’s a fun song, and I do enjoy pop rock.

Doja Cat - Woman

Radio hit! Is this my favorite Doja song? Probably not. Does the chorus make me feel like a woman? Yes it does, and I jam to it every time I hear it.

Dua Lipa - Hallucinate

This song is such a fun time! Is it my favorite? No, but I think it’s a well done song with a good voice attached.

I appreciate the jazz nature of the song, and I think her voice goes with it really well. I’d be interested to hear what her other songs are like.

FKA twigs - Two Weeks

Let me blush like a prude as I listen to this song, but also enjoy it immensely. I might put it in my rotation.

Foxes - Body Talk

I think this song was VERY good at what it’s supposed to be and what it wants to do. Subjectively, it’s not my style at all. Objectively, it’s a very well made and well sung song.

IU - Good day

This song was super cute! Not quite my style, but I can appreciate the cuteness.

Kelis - Trick Me

Interesting! I really liked the first half, but wasn’t feeling the second half as much. It felt like a throwback!

Kelly’s my favorite, but I have to just look at this one song. I, personally, am not a huge fan. I know it was a newer experimental type of sound for her, but I just don’t think it works for me.

Kesha - Praying

Fun fact: I think I sound great singing this song. But I also think this song is great and very well done. I can feel the emotion.

Does this somehow remind me of ABBA? Yes. Did I like it? Yes. Would I listen to it again? Probably not.

Not a big Lana fan, but this was a VIBE. I’d listen to it again.

Marina - Froot

Not my favorite song of hers, but her voice goes so well with the song and melody. Very enjoyable!

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away

I love this song. It’s great. Her voice, lyrics, and melody.

Talk about a throwback. Not gonna lie, I couldn’t stop laughing through this.

P!nk - Who Knew

Another song I can sing well! Definitely a great song from her, very enjoyable.

Even though I’m not the biggest fan of her voice, this song was great for her, and I’d listen to this more than once!

Shygirl - Woe

Not going to lie, I really like this. The voice and some of the experimental instrumental moments really work for me.

Slayyyter - Alone

Okay, I love this??? It’s what pop music is meant to do. Definitely a ‘00s vibe.

I’ve never heard Solange before. I loved the bridge! I really felt it going there! But wasn’t a huge fan of the rest, which I think is more regarding her vocal style choices in it.

SZA - Drew Barrymore

Not my favorite song of hers, but her vocals can’t miss. She just sounds so GOOD.

I really enjoyed the slower parts of the song. I wasn’t a fan of the higher energy parts. I don’t think it went with it that well.

The Cardigans - Lovefool

A classic! A classic I like? Not really. This song always annoyed me, but I appreciate the nostalgia it gives me.

I love this. This had balance and was smooth between styles, her voice is good. Whew!

TWICE - FANCY

I love this too! It just worked. I can’t describe it. I really enjoyed it!

Usher - U Remind Me

This is good nostalgia. I really like this song, and I enjoy it a lot! It hits what needs to be hit.

What in the world…. Her voice is insane. Not a fan of the melody, but her voice is so good like WOW.

Thank you excellent panel of judges

9 minutes ago, CBC said:

Not my entry making it
oprah-surprise.gif

i'm so kind

5 minutes ago, Dessy said:

The edited tag

atrl trying to sabotage me

『h』『i』『k』『a』『r』『i』 『h』『a』『s』 『s』『h』『*』『t』 『t』『o』 『s』『a』『y』

I really had no expectations, I've only heard of them from that collab with Troye but I surprisingly enjoyed this. 

Still one of her best songs up until now, definitely a very good introduction!

Björk - Jóga

You came for blood and it shows, one of the frontrunners among these entries x 

From the bible of pop 2015, you just could never go wrong with that!

Charli XCX - Unlock It

Not even someone as talentless as J*y P*rk can ruin this masterpiece, good job!

Yeah I've always liked this. Her latest releases are a mess but we can always count on her classics.

Christopher - Famous

Sadly, this song never left an impression on me. This was a very odd choice. I feel like his other songs (maybe like Bad/Mama/CPH Girls) would have done better than this. 

Her second best lead behind Cool For The Summer, perhaps? The nostalgia with this song goes hard.

Doja Cat - Woman

I like that you didnt take the poppier route for Doja as an intro, also easily one of the standouts in Planet Her.

Dua Lipa - Hallucinate

One of the songs that stood out the most to me upon hearing FN for the first time, i also like that you didnt go the obvious approach for her for your intro.

Definitely different from the songs I've heard so far and it stands out in a very good way.

FKA twigs - Two Weeks

She's the most interesting artist to emerge from the 2010's and this song is just absolute perfection.

Foxes - Body Talk

This Body Talk >> Body Talk by Robyn! Fight me!

IU - Good day

Not really my fave IU song, I'm already used to extreme key changes in Kpop so this didn't really excite me.

Kelis - Trick Me

Thank you for choosing the superior single from that era, big big bop!

I do like this song but I feel like you could've gone for better choices like her catalog is big enough for a stronger intro.

Kesha - Praying

The most important song in her career, very vulnerable very raw.

F words lemme hear you make some noise! A career highlight!

Haven't heard this in a while, I'm quite moody when it comes to her songs but this was quite a pleasant listen.

Marina - Froot

Enjoyed it a bit too much, I didnt even notice that it was more than 5 minutes long

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away

It's my first time listening to this and I really liked it. Hopefully she can squeeze this kind of sound onto her upcoming album.

I think I was mildly entertained?

P!nk - Who Knew

The best choice for her for an intro, singles-wise. Not a fan of her but yeah that was a good song.

The Ariana cosplay is entertaining, one of the highlights in that album x

Shygirl - Woe

That switch up for this song is insane, definitely made the song a lot more interesting than it already is.

Slayyyter - Alone

Mother! Yes she definitely was successful with the Y2K sound inspiration and loving it!

And that's how you do an intro! I love this song so much!

SZA - Drew Barrymore

Also not my fave song from her but it fairly did its job as an intro.

Yes I know this song, I am familiar with their english singles at least. I actually prefer this over All The Things She Said for an intro.

The Cardigans - Lovefool

Well it's a classic as everyone says, a very enjoyable one at that!

This song just never grew on me unfortunately. I think Cool Girl or disco **** would've been better for her intro.

TWICE - FANCY

It is just plain wrong to hate on this song so yeah x

Usher - U Remind Me

I like the song. I commend you for your bravery, let's hope it will pay off.  

There's just something nostalgic about this song. I'm literally eating every bit of it. A very nice song to close this audition with.

4 minutes ago, Hikari said:

Hide contents

I really had no expectations, I've only heard of them from that collab with Troye but I surprisingly enjoyed this. 

Björk - Jóga

Charli XCX - Unlock It

Yeah I've always liked this. Her latest releases are a mess but we can always count on her classics.

Christopher - Famous

Sadly, this song never left an impression on me. This was a very odd choice. I feel like his other songs (maybe like Bad/Mama/CPH Girls) would have done better than this. 

Her second best lead behind Cool For The Summer, perhaps? The nostalgia with this song goes hard.

Doja Cat - Woman

I like that you didnt take the poppier route for Doja as an intro, also easily one of the standouts in Planet Her.

Dua Lipa - Hallucinate

One of the songs that stood out the most to me upon hearing FN for the first time, i also like that you didnt go the obvious approach for her for your intro.

Definitely different from the songs I've heard so far and it stands out in a very good way.

FKA twigs - Two Weeks

She's the most interesting artist to emerge from the 2010's and this song is just absolute perfection.

Foxes - Body Talk

IU - Good day

Not really my fave IU song, I'm already used to extreme key changes in Kpop so this didn't really excite me.

Kelis - Trick Me

I do like this song but I feel like you could've gone for better choices like her catalog is big enough for a stronger intro.

Kesha - Praying

Haven't heard this in a while, I'm quite moody when it comes to her songs but this was quite a pleasant listen.

Marina - Froot

Enjoyed it a bit too much, I didnt even notice that it was more than 5 minutes long

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away

It's my first time listening to this and I really liked it. Hopefully she can squeeze this kind of sound onto her upcoming album.

P!nk - Who Knew

The best choice for her for an intro, singles-wise. Not a fan of her but yeah that was a good song.

Shygirl - Woe

That switch up for this song is insane, definitely made the song a lot more interesting than it already is.

Slayyyter - Alone

Mother! Yes she definitely was successful with the Y2K sound inspiration and loving it!

SZA - Drew Barrymore

Yes I know this song, I am familiar with their english singles at least. I actually prefer this over All The Things She Said for an intro.

The Cardigans - Lovefool

This song just never grew on me unfortunately. I think Cool Girl or disco **** would've been better for her intro.

TWICE - FANCY

Usher - U Remind Me

There's just something nostalgic about this song. I'm literally eating every bit of it. A very nice song to close this audition with.

Taste!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Hikari said:

Hide contents

Björk - Jóga

Charli XCX - Unlock It

Christopher - Famous

Doja Cat - Woman

Dua Lipa - Hallucinate

FKA twigs - Two Weeks

Foxes - Body Talk

IU - Good day

Kelis - Trick Me

Kesha - Praying

Marina - Froot

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away

P!nk - Who Knew

Shygirl - Woe

Slayyyter - Alone

SZA - Drew Barrymore

The Cardigans - Lovefool

TWICE - FANCY

Usher - U Remind Me

Taste!!!!!!

period

54 minutes ago, thecptz said:

i'm so kind

Koco stans stay being iconic

koco13.thumb.gif.971e1950cc3cb6ea0d3c73e

39 minutes ago, Hikari said:

Reveal hidden contents

Björk - Jóga

Charli XCX - Unlock It

Christopher - Famous

Doja Cat - Woman

Dua Lipa - Hallucinate

FKA twigs - Two Weeks

Foxes - Body Talk

IU - Good day

Kelis - Trick Me

Kesha - Praying

Marina - Froot

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away

P!nk - Who Knew

Shygirl - Woe

Slayyyter - Alone

SZA - Drew Barrymore

The Cardigans - Lovefool

TWICE - FANCY

Usher - U Remind Me

Thanks miss judge

Audition Critiques

Not as thorough as I would've liked to have written cuz I've been busy but good job everyone! 

Allday - Cup of Tea in the Bath: Cute! It is a little generic but given your description I trust you have better in store

Billie Eilish - bellyache: One of her best songs, has some unique elements to the production and is catchy as well

Björk - Jóga: Gorgeous, the chorus feels otherworldly

Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away With Me: Top ten song of all time + her main staple (to actual fans) for a reason

Charli XCX - Unlock It: I wanna start by saying my unpopular opinion that I think all of the features on Pop 2 are great! Even the Jay Park one here which is infamously despised. Perfect intro to Charli’s style as a halfway point from the more experimental songs on the mixtape and following it but keeping the infectiousness of her poppiest songwriting

Christina Aguilera - Dirrty: Nice bop, also I must be the only person who thinks the chorus sounds exactly like Fighter?? Maybe just the screaming

Christopher - Famous: He looks like Cody Simpson and sounds like him too, not really a fan but I guess it could be worse

Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again: GOOD and from her best album easily, although I’ve always felt this song doesn’t fully *hit* me as much as others from it do?

Doja Cat - Woman: Always found this kind of annoying, but I get it as an intro to her for the round

Dua Lipa - Hallucinate: Like people have been saying, there’s bigger bops in the vault but this one is probably good enough to get you through

Esperanza Spalding - I Know You Know: It’s nice, feels like one of those “we’re going classic” songs from the 2000’s so definitely a bit rooted in that period, but I like it a lot

FKA twigs - Two Weeks: Massive classic you came in swinging

Foxes - Body Talk: Omg when this first came out I used to hate it and thought it was the worst song on the album kjgds but it clicked with me randomly later on. Perfect introduction to her brand of pop

IU - Good Day: This is soooo Gen Two’d lol it’s catchy, but not a fave here

Kelis - Trick Me: I mean your description basically sums it up, a BOP!

Kelly Clarkson - Catch My Breath: It’s enjoyable, very nostalgic for me now. I don’t think it’s a particularly special song for her discography or in general but super cute and… breezy!

Kesha - Praying: Powerful song, and makes sense as an entry designed to “make an impact.” Not one of my absolute favorites here or by her but assuming those will be sent later!

Kylie Minogue - Get Outta My Way: Gayest song ever (complimentary)

Lana Del Rey - Mariners Apartment Complex: I’ll admit I’m not the biggest fan of Lana, at all, and well I don’t like this very much lol. Her delivery is weird but at least the strings are pretty

Marina - Froot: Synthpop perfection, it does slightly overstay its welcome but extremely solid nonetheless

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away: Wait parts of this (especially the pre-chorus) sound like something from SOS I think SZA even stole part of the melody jkfjdjf. Anyways really pretty song <3 and has emotion to it without being gimmicky which she does sometimes

New Directions (Glee) - Push It: The way they unironically have a discography full of bangers and you wasted them on this……..

P!nk - Who Knew: Definitely a classic and one I used to be obsessed with, it’s still great now and she makes the emotions resonate even if you can’t relate to it

Sabrina Carpenter - Sue Me: It’s alright but pretty disposable, lots of other songs I enjoy by her more

Shygirl - Woe: One of my favorite tracks of 2022, all the different parts click together immaculately. The dark beat opening the song alone is enough to hook you, but the chorus is such a slayyyy

Slayyyter - Alone: The apex of pop music, a serotonin/dopamine/other drug rush to the head, AMAZING SONG

Solange - Sandcastle Disco: Interesting choice for an opener and a good one! Very 2000’s in the best way possible, with a warm and summery feeling as well

SZA - Drew Barrymore: Another song where it feels like the perfect gateway to the artist, both in terms of sound as well as the lyrics which you did a great job dissecting in your description!

t.A.T.u. - Not Gonna Get Us: I’ve always felt like in theory I should enjoy their music more than I do… this is alright but something’s holding me back

The Cardigans - Lovefool: Bieber did it better… but I still like this song! Hoping we get to see you make it through because this is one of the only artists where I know nothing about their discography aside from the one song and I’m interested to see what you do with them

Tove Lo - No One Dies From Love: One of the… two songs maybe on Dirt Femme I really like but even then not very passionate about it

TWICE - FANCY: Your description lol, well yes you need to come in with a bang and that’s exactly what you did!

Usher - U Remind Me: Fun and nostalgic, doesn’t blow me away but I enjoy

Yerin Baek - Square (2017): Her voice is so beautiful and the song is lovely as well

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.