Diversity 5: Let's Celebrate! | Winner revealed (pg.154)

thecptz

Thank you hik and sean

3D10E7FE-BA79-47A3-B0C6-A7BC33F5CC3A.gif

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Ttoki

• Dessy

• Not Like The Movies

8 hours ago, kipperskipper said:

4 of the judges saying they arent lana fans....yeah theres no point for me to even try

The song you picked has amazing lyrics but it's not sophisticated enough melodically imo. It would be the last song I would pick tbh and it's imo one of the worst songs on nfr 😭💀

• ATRL Moderator

Allday - Cup of Tea in the Bath
I had absolutely no idea what to expect from Allday, but it admittedly wasn’t this. I honestly really enjoyed this entry! The melody hooked me and I’m excited to see what else is in store.

Billie Eilish - bellyache
This song deserved to be her first big hit honestly. Excellent concept and heavy replay value.

Björk - Jóga
I have to admit that I’m not a huge fan of Bjork from the songs I’ve heard in ATRL Games before. This, however, is quite lovely! I will keep an open mind.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away With Me
This is definitely THAT song in her discography and it deserves every accolade. TBH I’m surprised that you sent it for the audition when you probably could have sent 90% of her discography and made it through. Maybe you’ll make it to the top 10 and be able to reuse it!

Charli XCX - Unlock It
I feel like Charli’s parts are quite enjoyable and the production is fun. Hyperpop can grate on my nerves a bit, but this was more approachable. The features drag this down for me.

Christina Aguilera - Dirrty
This is fun at times but a bit annoying at others. She has a lot better songs tbh.

Christopher - Famous
I am a fan of his! He has plenty of bops throughout his discography. This song is cute but kind of unremarkable. I can see where you were going thematically though with fame/audition vibes.

Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again
This is one of Demi’s best from their earlier eras! I love it.

Doja Cat - Woman
Great choice! I absolutely love this song. The lyrics are so meaningful, the chorus is addictive, and her flow is impeccable. Not to mention the video ate extremely hard!!

Dua Lipa - Hallucinate
This is a great intro to Dua! It’s in the top half of Future Nostalgia for me, and really is an excellent song. I think that this was smart choice because you have other heavy hitting songs to save for later.

Esperanza Spalding - I Know You Know
Very cool! I am not familiar with her work at all. Her voice is pretty. Production was a fun modernized version of jazz.

FKA twigs - Two Weeks
A triumphant debut for you and Twigs! Her vocals are absolutely stunning and the melody/production are entrancing.

Foxes - Body Talk
Very nice!! She was really slaying synthpop back in the early 2010s.

IU - Good day
This was quite euphoric and fun!! I felt like it was a genuine celebration and a lovely introduction into an artist I know nothing about. She was hitting some big notes too. Sing IU sing!

Kelis - Trick Me
Awesome production. This is such a vibe. That guitar riff was just the cherry on top!! A great first selection.

Kelly Clarkson - Catch My Breath
Definitely a cute song. Very VERY adult contemporary… like it was on AC radio a ton here. I think other songs in her discography could have left a stronger impression.

Kesha - Praying
Absolutely a ~moment~ in this playlist. This is such a great introduction to Kesha without the dollar sign. Full of passion and vocal acrobatics. She did what she had to do.

Kylie Minogue - Get Outta My Way
Oh I absolutely adore this song. It’s pop perfection quite honestly! She has such a deep discography full of bops and I’m excited to see more!

Lana Del Rey - Mariners Apartment Complex
Very strong song sonically and lyrically. I do think the melody could have been a bit more engaging — I know she has some very nice ones out there!

Marina - Froot
A strong first entry from her! The chorus is very well composed and the 8-bit production quite enjoyable.

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away
I know that a lot of people love this song, but I’ve never been super enthralled by it.  I think the verses are stronger than the chorus. The lyrical content is quite nice, but the song itself just comes and goes for me.

New Directions (Glee) - Push It
I am surprised by this entry for sure! I actually didn’t watch Glee but I can imagine other songs might have showcased the layers of their collaboration more effectively as an intro? This was fun though.

P!nk - Who Knew
SUCH an anthem! Like if you don’t feel that swelling of emotion in the final chorus…. I don’t know what to tell you. Great vocals and melody. Definitely P!nk at her best.

Sabrina Carpenter - Sue Me
Oh wow this was such a bop for me back in 2018! Honestly I wish she was still putting out songs like this bc I haven’t connected with her recent material as much :shy: But this is still a very clever song and super catchy!

Shygirl - Woe
I really need to listen to Nymph one of these days! I completely missed the boat when it came out. This song has so many layers and creates such an awesome atmosphere. Nice intro!

Slayyyter - Alone
YESSSSSSSS this is such an amazing song. It’s so insane and fresh and nostalgic all at the same time.

Solange - Sandcastle Disco
This was very fun and catchy!! It brought a smile to my face and was a lovely intro choice.

SZA - Drew Barrymore
A smart intro song!! This is really such a classic. You have such an interesting mixture of tracks now with CTRL + SOS. I’m curious to see how things go!

t.A.T.u. - Not Gonna Get Us
This is definitely a memorable entry. I really enjoyed your personal anecdote in the explanation!! While the song is a bit intense, I can see how entrancing it can be for sure.

The Cardigans - Lovefool
Wow, this is such a classic and has a lot of nostalgia for me!! My parents listened to it often and so I enjoyed it a lot as a kind. It’s such an earworm. I don’t know anything else about The Cardigans so if you make it through, I’ll be very curious to see what’s in store.

Tove Lo - No One Dies From Love
I am a hugeeeee Tove fan. I love this song. It’s made very well. It definitely works as an intro, but she also has tracks that pack a bigger punch for me.

TWICE - FANCY
Super super fun and addictive! Reminds me of some TikTok of Nick dancing at his old café job.

Usher - U Remind Me
A huge chorus and a great showcase of Usher’s vocals! Nice choice.

Yerin Baek - Square (2017)
The only artist on this list that I didn’t even know existed! This was really beautiful. I loved the vocals and production — especially in the bridge. So dreamy!

• ATRL Moderator

elliegouldinghigher.jpg?fit=800,450&ssl=

ELEMENT'S CRITIQUES

I had absolutely no idea what to expect from Allday, but it admittedly wasn’t this. I honestly really enjoyed this entry! The melody hooked me and I’m excited to see what else is in store.

This song deserved to be her first big hit honestly. Excellent concept and heavy replay value.

Björk - Jóga
I have to admit that I’m not a huge fan of Bjork from the songs I’ve heard in ATRL Games before. This, however, is quite lovely! I will keep an open mind.

This is definitely THAT song in her discography and it deserves every accolade. TBH I’m surprised that you sent it for the audition when you probably could have sent 90% of her discography and made it through. Maybe you’ll make it to the top 10 and be able to reuse it!

Charli XCX - Unlock It
I feel like Charli’s parts are quite enjoyable and the production is fun. Hyperpop can grate on my nerves a bit, but this was more approachable. The features drag this down for me.

This is fun at times but a bit annoying at others. She has a lot better songs tbh.

Christopher - Famous
I am a fan of his! He has plenty of bops throughout his discography. This song is cute but kind of unremarkable. I can see where you were going thematically though with fame/audition vibes.

Doja Cat - Woman
Great choice! I absolutely love this song. The lyrics are so meaningful, the chorus is addictive, and her flow is impeccable. Not to mention the video ate extremely hard!!

Dua Lipa - Hallucinate
This is a great intro to Dua! It’s in the top half of Future Nostalgia for me, and really is an excellent song. I think that this was smart choice because you have other heavy hitting songs to save for later.

Very cool! I am not familiar with her work at all. Her voice is pretty. Production was a fun modernized version of jazz.

FKA twigs - Two Weeks
A triumphant debut for you and Twigs! Her vocals are absolutely stunning and the melody/production are entrancing.

Foxes - Body Talk

IU - Good day
This was quite euphoric and fun!! I felt like it was a genuine celebration and a lovely introduction into an artist I know nothing about. She was hitting some big notes too. Sing IU sing!

Kelis - Trick Me
Awesome production. This is such a vibe. That guitar riff was just the cherry on top!! A great first selection.

Definitely a cute song. Very VERY adult contemporary… like it was on AC radio a ton here. I think other songs in her discography could have left a stronger impression.

Kesha - Praying
Absolutely a ~moment~ in this playlist. This is such a great introduction to Kesha without the dollar sign. Full of passion and vocal acrobatics. She did what she had to do.

Oh I absolutely adore this song. It’s pop perfection quite honestly! She has such a deep discography full of bops and I’m excited to see more!

Very strong song sonically and lyrically. I do think the melody could have been a bit more engaging — I know she has some very nice ones out there!

Marina - Froot
A strong first entry from her! The chorus is very well composed and the 8-bit production quite enjoyable.

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away
I know that a lot of people love this song, but I’ve never been super enthralled by it.  I think the verses are stronger than the chorus. The lyrical content is quite nice, but the song itself just comes and goes for me.

I am surprised by this entry for sure! I actually didn’t watch Glee but I can imagine other songs might have showcased the layers of their collaboration more effectively as an intro? This was fun though.

P!nk - Who Knew
SUCH an anthem! Like if you don’t feel that swelling of emotion in the final chorus…. I don’t know what to tell you. Great vocals and melody. Definitely P!nk at her best.

Oh wow this was such a bop for me back in 2018! Honestly I wish she was still putting out songs like this bc I haven’t connected with her recent material as much :shy: But this is still a very clever song and super catchy!

Shygirl - Woe
I really need to listen to Nymph one of these days! I completely missed the boat when it came out. This song has so many layers and creates such an awesome atmosphere. Nice intro!

Slayyyter - Alone
YESSSSSSSS this is such an amazing song. It’s so insane and fresh and nostalgic all at the same time.

This was very fun and catchy!! It brought a smile to my face and was a lovely intro choice.

SZA - Drew Barrymore
A smart intro song!! This is really such a classic. You have such an interesting mixture of tracks now with CTRL + SOS. I’m curious to see how things go!

This is definitely a memorable entry. I really enjoyed your personal anecdote in the explanation!! While the song is a bit intense, I can see how entrancing it can be for sure.

The Cardigans - Lovefool
Wow, this is such a classic and has a lot of nostalgia for me!! My parents listened to it often and so I enjoyed it a lot as a kind. It’s such an earworm. I don’t know anything else about The Cardigans so if you make it through, I’ll be very curious to see what’s in store.

I am a hugeeeee Tove fan. I love this song. It’s made very well. It definitely works as an intro, but she also has tracks that pack a bigger punch for me.

TWICE - FANCY
Super super fun and addictive! Reminds me of some TikTok of Nick dancing at his old café job.

Usher - U Remind Me

The only artist on this list that I didn’t even know existed! This was really beautiful. I loved the vocals and production — especially in the bridge. So dreamy!

@Touch It @Auburn @Not Like The Movies @Overprotected @minho @Legend E @Julia Fox @Seffers @Delirious @bestfiction @luckystrike @Staryu @Noah @Alena @Rotunda @touya kinomoto @kittenish @kipperskipper @ughgabriel @Post Malone @ATRL Username @wish @Future Lover @Opulent @fiercE @brycehooha @D e v o n @Dessy @Allday @K$Ellie @Lucky#17 @Remmy@CBC@worldwide angel

Just now, Element said:

ELEMENT'S CRITIQUES

Hide contents

Björk - Jóga

Charli XCX - Unlock It

Christopher - Famous

Doja Cat - Woman

Dua Lipa - Hallucinate

FKA twigs - Two Weeks

Foxes - Body Talk

IU - Good day

Kelis - Trick Me

Kesha - Praying

Marina - Froot

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away

P!nk - Who Knew

Shygirl - Woe

Slayyyter - Alone

SZA - Drew Barrymore

The Cardigans - Lovefool

TWICE - FANCY

Usher - U Remind Me

@Touch It @Auburn @Not Like The Movies @Overprotected @minho @Legend E @Julia Fox @Seffers @Delirious @bestfiction @luckystrike @Staryu @Noah @Alena @Rotunda @touya kinomoto @kittenish @kipperskipper @ughgabriel @Post Malone @ATRL Username @wish @Future Lover @Opulent @fiercE @brycehooha @D e v o n @Dessy @Allday @K$Ellie @Lucky#17 @Remmy@CBC@worldwide angel

I knew the Ellie stan would have immaculate taste!! :clap3::penguin:

i knew hubby wouldn't disappoint with the critique

22 hours ago, Sanguine said:

Audition Critiques

Not as thorough as I would've liked to have written cuz I've been busy but good job everyone! 

Reveal hidden contents

Allday - Cup of Tea in the Bath: Cute! It is a little generic but given your description I trust you have better in store

Billie Eilish - bellyache: One of her best songs, has some unique elements to the production and is catchy as well

Björk - Jóga: Gorgeous, the chorus feels otherworldly

Carly Rae Jepsen - Run Away With Me: Top ten song of all time + her main staple (to actual fans) for a reason

Charli XCX - Unlock It: I wanna start by saying my unpopular opinion that I think all of the features on Pop 2 are great! Even the Jay Park one here which is infamously despised. Perfect intro to Charli’s style as a halfway point from the more experimental songs on the mixtape and following it but keeping the infectiousness of her poppiest songwriting

Christina Aguilera - Dirrty: Nice bop, also I must be the only person who thinks the chorus sounds exactly like Fighter?? Maybe just the screaming

Christopher - Famous: He looks like Cody Simpson and sounds like him too, not really a fan but I guess it could be worse

Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again: GOOD and from her best album easily, although I’ve always felt this song doesn’t fully *hit* me as much as others from it do?

Doja Cat - Woman: Always found this kind of annoying, but I get it as an intro to her for the round

Dua Lipa - Hallucinate: Like people have been saying, there’s bigger bops in the vault but this one is probably good enough to get you through

Esperanza Spalding - I Know You Know: It’s nice, feels like one of those “we’re going classic” songs from the 2000’s so definitely a bit rooted in that period, but I like it a lot

FKA twigs - Two Weeks: Massive classic you came in swinging

Foxes - Body Talk: Omg when this first came out I used to hate it and thought it was the worst song on the album kjgds but it clicked with me randomly later on. Perfect introduction to her brand of pop

IU - Good Day: This is soooo Gen Two’d lol it’s catchy, but not a fave here

Kelis - Trick Me: I mean your description basically sums it up, a BOP!

Kelly Clarkson - Catch My Breath: It’s enjoyable, very nostalgic for me now. I don’t think it’s a particularly special song for her discography or in general but super cute and… breezy!

Kesha - Praying: Powerful song, and makes sense as an entry designed to “make an impact.” Not one of my absolute favorites here or by her but assuming those will be sent later!

Kylie Minogue - Get Outta My Way: Gayest song ever (complimentary)

Lana Del Rey - Mariners Apartment Complex: I’ll admit I’m not the biggest fan of Lana, at all, and well I don’t like this very much lol. Her delivery is weird but at least the strings are pretty

Marina - Froot: Synthpop perfection, it does slightly overstay its welcome but extremely solid nonetheless

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away: Wait parts of this (especially the pre-chorus) sound like something from SOS I think SZA even stole part of the melody jkfjdjf. Anyways really pretty song <3 and has emotion to it without being gimmicky which she does sometimes

New Directions (Glee) - Push It: The way they unironically have a discography full of bangers and you wasted them on this……..

P!nk - Who Knew: Definitely a classic and one I used to be obsessed with, it’s still great now and she makes the emotions resonate even if you can’t relate to it

Sabrina Carpenter - Sue Me: It’s alright but pretty disposable, lots of other songs I enjoy by her more

Shygirl - Woe: One of my favorite tracks of 2022, all the different parts click together immaculately. The dark beat opening the song alone is enough to hook you, but the chorus is such a slayyyy

Slayyyter - Alone: The apex of pop music, a serotonin/dopamine/other drug rush to the head, AMAZING SONG

Solange - Sandcastle Disco: Interesting choice for an opener and a good one! Very 2000’s in the best way possible, with a warm and summery feeling as well

SZA - Drew Barrymore: Another song where it feels like the perfect gateway to the artist, both in terms of sound as well as the lyrics which you did a great job dissecting in your description!

t.A.T.u. - Not Gonna Get Us: I’ve always felt like in theory I should enjoy their music more than I do… this is alright but something’s holding me back

The Cardigans - Lovefool: Bieber did it better… but I still like this song! Hoping we get to see you make it through because this is one of the only artists where I know nothing about their discography aside from the one song and I’m interested to see what you do with them

Tove Lo - No One Dies From Love: One of the… two songs maybe on Dirt Femme I really like but even then not very passionate about it

TWICE - FANCY: Your description lol, well yes you need to come in with a bang and that’s exactly what you did!

Usher - U Remind Me: Fun and nostalgic, doesn’t blow me away but I enjoy

Yerin Baek - Square (2017): Her voice is so beautiful and the song is lovely as well

7 hours ago, Element said:

Reveal hidden contents

Björk - Jóga

Charli XCX - Unlock It

Christopher - Famous

Doja Cat - Woman

Dua Lipa - Hallucinate

FKA twigs - Two Weeks

Foxes - Body Talk

IU - Good day

Kelis - Trick Me

Kesha - Praying

Marina - Froot

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away

P!nk - Who Knew

Shygirl - Woe

Slayyyter - Alone

SZA - Drew Barrymore

The Cardigans - Lovefool

TWICE - FANCY

Usher - U Remind Me

ELEMENT'S CRITIQUES

Reveal hidden contents

Björk - Jóga

Charli XCX - Unlock It

Christopher - Famous

Doja Cat - Woman

Dua Lipa - Hallucinate

FKA twigs - Two Weeks

Foxes - Body Talk

IU - Good day

Kelis - Trick Me

Kesha - Praying

Marina - Froot

Miley Cyrus - Slide Away

P!nk - Who Knew

Shygirl - Woe

Slayyyter - Alone

SZA - Drew Barrymore

The Cardigans - Lovefool

TWICE - FANCY

Usher - U Remind Me

thank you miss judges

3D10E7FE-BA79-47A3-B0C6-A7BC33F5CC3A.gif

I fear this panel has a few anti-Carlys, so I had to come out swinging :chick1:

13 minutes ago, Staryu said:

I fear this panel has a few anti-Carlys, so I had to come out swinging :chick1:

expose them

dog.thumb.png.e07016bf597ee19fb3e029b4a5

results will be within tuesday <3 but when... we'll see!

#prayingforallday 

6ww9rc.gif

#prayingforgoodday

6ww9rc.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.