• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact this is the best SM could do after trying so hard throughout ALL 4 kpop generations :rip: 

19 minutes ago, Josh said:

wasnt Gfriend always disbanding?

Yeah but I'm sure that didn't help; they had their last comeback November 2020 and the Sowon situation happened that following February; sure their contracts were up but its a shame Source just suddenly said NO.mp3 after a full album 7 months ago

Edited by starstruckaj

6 minutes ago, Ghiles said:

The swastika existed and had a (good) meaning before Hitler hijacked it. It started as a religious symbol (Buddhism/Hinduism) and then spilled into many cultures in Asia. It doesn’t have that negative connotation to everyone

i have no idea what QAnon is exactly either

Well the shirt wasn't exactly a religious shirt and it was a white man wearing the symbol so he can literally offend people

If Chaeyoung knew who Sid Vicious was and liked him enough to wear the shirt then how could she not know that symbol and why he wore it?

11 minutes ago, Ghiles said:

The swastika existed and had a (good) meaning before Hitler hijacked it. It started as a religious symbol (Buddhism/Hinduism) and then spilled into many cultures in Asia. It doesn’t have that negative connotation to everyone

i have no idea what QAnon is exactly either

After it being plastered around in a WORLD WAR the only connotation there is left is a negative one regardless of it’s origin.

13 minutes ago, Josh said:

Will JYP keep her in the group or will she go on hiatus till its quiet 

I don't think she s at risk, Twice promotions ended anyways, she will lay low I believe, not posting anything on social media until the tour, I do think that if there was a solo activity planned for this year it will be on hiatus for the time being 

Not to defend CY as I’ve never cared for her

but korea/japan are notorious for selling shirts with  the most random nonsensical, sometimes offensive to foreigners, prints

i really don’t want to believe she purposely chose this shirt :chick3:

56 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

'Titled Swastika'

This is what happens when companies send idols to the dance studios.. but not the CLASSROOMS!:deadbanana4:

You know that a non-tilted Swastika is a holy symbol in Hinduism right? 

20 minutes ago, Josh said:

Will JYP keep her in the group or will she go on hiatus till its quiet 

lol

koreans won’t care about this

and all of kpop's international “scandals”, like wearing cornrows and stuff always fade to oblivion

I don't know what QAnon is since I'm not from the US but there is no excuse for not knowing what Swastika is :deadbanana2: They don't teach you about the holocaust in my country either but like it's 2023 and she is 24 years old, this is terrible :rip: 

5 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

You know that a non-tilted Swastika is a holy symbol in Hinduism right? 

Oh.. im so sorry

Frwhwy0WIAI7Q74?format=jpg&name=medium

#DisbandTwice

This the state JYP wants to promote their groups internationally? Imagine if an american artist started releasing songs in korean, promoted in South Korea, and then posted a picture on instagram wearing something with the rising sun Japan flag :skull:

Considering how many instances of kpop idols posting or wearing something with a nazi symbol on it but somehow that's not a big problem for koreans, I would consider there's some sort of systemic lack of acknowledgement of how bad the symbol is. Kinda how like in the west some japanese restaurants use the imperial flag but it's not considered as much as an offense. Not that this is an excuse though, I thought it was common knowledge for people that you always have to search what something on a shirt means, especially if it's in a foreign language :rip:

3 hours ago, Ghiles said:

Used to be one of my least favorite 9Muse HITS but idk it randomly started hitting

same happened to me 2 years ago

no wonder it was the closest they ever got to a hit in Korea and their most known song

8 minutes ago, ItsJustMe. said:

Not to defend CY as I’ve never cared for her

but korea/japan are notorious for selling shirts with  the most random nonsensical, sometimes offensive to foreigners, prints

i really don’t want to believe she purposely chose this shirt :chick3:

Apparently the t-shirt is not that easy to get which is quite puzzling...

15 minutes ago, Cotton said:

After it being plastered around in a WORLD WAR the only connotation there is left is a negative one regardless of it’s origin.

Are you kidding me, this is like saying like its auspicious meaning which has existed for thousands of years is no longer valid :rip: Millions of Hindu and Buddhist people, including my own motherland STILL uses the non-tilted swastika because that’s a holy thing for us, and we won’t stop using it just because Hitler hijacked it and modified it and used it as a symbol of his atrocities and crimes. 

having said that, idk if Chaeyoung knew about it (I’m thinking she didn’t because of how out of touch south Koreans are in terms of history), but JYPE definitely should have checked it  beforehand. It’s baffling how such a big company does not have a functioning team for these things.

4 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

Oh.. im so sorry

No worries if you didn’t know. Most people just associate it with Hitler and the holocaust and it’s such a shame because that one pig really destroyed it’s true meaning. It’s so devastatingly sad. 

Edited by Witnessed ET

1 hour ago, playboi said:

It's Newjeans' name that should be in big on that poster, not TXT's :ahh:

New Jeans cannot headline for the apparent reason that they would have to be 4 or 3 on stage at the performance hours. So to be a full group they have to accept performing earlier.

Unpopular opinion but the QAnon crop-top is such a SEVERE look

it would be amazing worn as an ironic piece or as a joke 

but ofc they had no clue what it was

6 hours ago, Lazuli said:

a group with THREE main vocalists :jonnycat:

This Little Mix/Red Velvet sound is what they should have debuted with at the beginning

Well... At least they did better than Twice I guess.

23 minutes ago, Cotton said:

hitler is not as infamous in asia as he is in the west, koreas enemy was japan so they are much more sensitive to the rising sun.

and visit india, you will find the symbol everywhere.