K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

1 minute ago, Witnessed ET said:

I already revoked Rice’s top group card so don’t try to insert those two either sweatpiss

:suburban:

and idk but zerobottomone hype quickly faded and their numbers aren’t that great either from what I can see so they’re out of this conversation too 

Let's just all admit that 5th gen is a flop as a whole apart from BabyMonster :suburban:

• Replies 132.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Pluto2022 said:

Let's just all admit that 5th gen is a flop as a whole apart from BabyMonster :suburban:

Isn’t BabyDumpster OUT-OUT in every metric rn?

Just now, Witnessed ET said:

Isn’t BabyDumpster OUT-OUT in every metric rn?

They are doing decent on Youtube and Spotify at least? :suburban:

34 minutes ago, FREE said:

i’m a casual kpop listener rn so i have no clue who are the top groups rn besides newjeans being #1. can someone lmk i’m curious 

Welcome! I’ll recommend the most popular, mainstream songs and groups to get you started:

The most popular girl group from the second gen is called April kiss, here is a live performance by them:

for a more hip hop type sound, bling bling is probably the most popular group, probably #2 currently behind NewJeans:

for soloists, eyedi is currently #1 on most Korean charts

these are some mainstream songs, let me know if you’d like some indie/ deep cuts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Pluto2022 said:

They are doing decent on Youtube and Spotify at least? :suburban:

Oh well that’s something at least, I know their album sales are gonna be good from the residual ygly stans but that album might never come

2 minutes ago, bunnyeyes said:

Welcome! I’ll recommend the most popular, mainstream songs and groups to get you started:

The most popular girl group from the second gen is called April kiss, here is a live performance by them:

for a more hip hop type sound, bling bling is probably the most popular group, probably #2 currently behind NewJeans:

for soloists, eyedi is currently #1 on most Korean charts

these are some mainstream songs, let me know if you’d like some indie/ deep cuts. 

i said i’m a casual listener rn, i used to stan kpop and was a very prominent user of this forum so i know who these people are maybe i should’ve lead with that info!

56 minutes ago, FREE said:

i’m a casual kpop listener rn so i have no clue who are the top groups rn besides newjeans being #1. can someone lmk i’m curious 

17 hours ago, gigantopithecus said:

Oh? :gaycat1:

4th Gen Leaders wbk :clap3:

6 hours ago, gigantopithecus said:

No matter what people like to say, she definitely puts in the work  :clap3: Shes constantly striving to improve and you can see how much work shes put in comparing performances

We need this predebut Giselle back

:jonny6: Girl have natural rhythm. Oh girl don't end the other 4th Gen lead vocalists like that @ANTIclimatic

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FREE said:

i’m no fool i know viviz aren’t even top 3 of nugudom

then why you ask *****

You cannot be new to kpop and know what nugudom stands for bfr :clack:

3 minutes ago, panochita said:

You cannot be new to kpop and know what nugudom stands for bfr :clack:

I think the person stated that he used to be a big Kpop stan, but haven't been following Kpop for a few years now

The layering is insane :jonny: That's why it's so "fulfilling" whenever you hear a Red Velvet song lol 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

How come Koreans don't give out titles like nation's little sister or nation's first love anymore. Not to idols but not even to actors. 

1 hour ago, Pluto2022 said:

The RIIZE sneaks :suburban:

Girl I don't even like RIIZE. All I know is they're outcharting all the other 4th gen boys in Korea and I'm constantly spammed with them in this thread:suburban:

isn’t Get A Guitar one of the biggest boygroup songs of the year and their single album one of the biggest debuts 

asking for a friend

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh and bc I brought it up earlier, f*** the losers who don't appreciate Twice's mature era :suburban: @FREE Give this a listen while people are spamming you songs

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

Girl I don't even like RIIZE. All I know is they're outcharting all the other 4th gen boys in Korea and I'm constantly spammed with them in this thread:suburban:

You like RIIZE, don’t you gigantopithecus?

spacer.png

• Haha 1