K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

1 hour ago, MusicFan98 said:

What are you enjoying about TXT, the autotuned vocals, the lack of direction or originality as a group, the mediocre Choreography, pandering to weird kinks like with Cat & Dog and the Pantera MV? Or maybe it is the try hard awful sexy looks from those mid twinks:dies: 

DAMN....... how do you even come back from this omg

qvJA2Op.gif

• Replies 132.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Babymomo said:

DAMN....... how do you even come back from this omg

qvJA2Op.gif

very easily considering half of it wasn’t even true or just opinion based. also the fact that they are smashing their peers. 

spacer.png

On 1/28/2023 at 7:33 PM, Hazy said:

watch this

you can clearly hear how some of them struggle during some parts 

Hanni and Hyein are hidden gems of the group, that’s for sure, can’t wait what they will show in the future, especially Hyein, since she’s such a kiddo :WAP:

also, a lot of people in this thread mention how Minji is the weakest link in the group but objectively I would put her on the 3rd or 4th place - that’s between her and Danielle - she was impressively stable during both performances

Hearin is amazing dancer but she has definitely some work to do in the live singing while dancing department 

These fancams are probably live but the final cut of the performance still has those close ups shots I mentioned which were recorded in another take. Haerin's hair hits the mic in the OMG performance at 2:04 but there's no sound. Wheater or not taking multiple takes and editing them to a final performance even if they recorded it live at some point is considered a "live performance" is subjective I guess. I personally don't cuz you never know what else they edited.

41 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

We have aespa discussions daily at this point... and its a tired ass convo too! :coffee2:

thank you for proving aespa can stay relevant without even doing anything 

Shanqh Al Karina Aespa GIF - Shanqh Al Karina Aespa Aespa GIFs

1 hour ago, MusicFan98 said:

The way its been like 5 years since NCT Dream's debut and still no original japanese release:rip:

Girl they’re literally having their japan debut in about a week. It’s just that SM doesn’t put effort in promoting their japanese releases ever :hoetenks:

11 minutes ago, Kirby Kirbs said:

Girl they’re literally having their japan debut in about a week. It’s just that SM doesn’t put effort in promoting their japanese releases ever :hoetenks:

JUMPSCARE

qvJA2Op.gif

19 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

You are describing SKZ as if they are rehashing their songs like Teddy Park or something :redface: 

SKZ literally change their concept and sound almost every comeback especially compared to most other groups that people stan in here? Have you listened to their newest Japanese release? :redface:Or their latest Korean comeback being a light themed love song which was completely different from “Maniac” which was dark and intimidating concept.

The thing you are describing is the fact that SKZ manage to have their own distinctive sound and flavor in every song, no matter the genre, which makes sense, since they are producing the song themselves. This is what makes you an ARTIST since the music they are making is THEM and not them just singing some random songs from different demos, that has nothing to do with their artistry. This is what their concept is and what JYP strived for.

Just like all these other famous producers being able to create all these different sounding songs while still having their own distinctive sound, the same goes for 3RACHA. Teddy is a whole different case though, since he usually just copy paste his songs :rip:

Hide contents

Not my post being this deep and serious omg :rip:

Wait I just saw this. It’s….not that serious. Chill out sis :rip:

also this whole SKZ vs TXT thing in here and the arguments on both sides are kinda funny ngl

The way y’all just stoop to the lowest and bring out the craziest drags just to drag lmao

i don’t stan either groups like that but it’s interesting how serious (or unserious) stans get to defend their faves 

Hybe really did Say that what took BTS 8 years to get new jeans did in 6 months, no wonder Army is pissed, I don't know in what metric exactly (1M album, pak, stream mile stone) most likely they were speaking facts but why getting your biggest fan base pissed of like.that 

Edited by Spears_Stan

Also finally listened to the TXT mini (:rip:) and I gotta say it’s definitely better than the last one. So I’m glad they went back to the sound that works for them.

but having said that, they still haven’t topped The Dream Chapter trinity for me, especially ETERNITY and MAGIC. 

53 minutes ago, katyberry said:

thank you for proving aespa can stay relevant without even doing anything 

I feel like this thread needs to get together and decide what it takes for Aespa’s comeback to be a hit or else we’ll just keep having this discussion. I’ll say:

Album Sales: 2M

Single Peak: Top 5

Digital Points: 400M+

Spotify: 200M+

9 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

me too lmao i hate bigbang but you cannot deny they run CIRCLES around problematic junior on stage.

the 2ne1 girlies too, snsd only really had taeyeon + the other pretty singers, they SERVED vibes and vocals on stage all the time.

Let’s not be delusional now. CL was the only great perfomer in 2NE1. Bom and Dara were both talentless and useless, Minzy was talented but had 0 charisma. 

SNSD were AMAZING perfomers from 2007 to 2011, always serving live vocals, dance, energy and visuals. No group can touch their peak actually.  

9 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

the 2ne1 girlies too, snsd only really had taeyeon + the other pretty singers, they SERVED vibes and vocals on stage all the time.

lmao not with Bom and Dara right there. That is literally half of 2NE1. :hoetenks:

need aespa to serve something like this on their next mini, even as a b-side

SM is so shameless cause dance videos are always the most viewed and liked on an groups channel but they want all that to themselves. I have NEVER seen a more greedy company ever (even jyp doesn't stoop this low) :rip:

1 minute ago, katyberry said:

SM is so shameless cause dance videos are always the most viewed and liked on an groups channel but they want all that to themselves. I have NEVER seen a more greedy company ever (even jyp doesn't stoop this low) :rip:

its not that serious :rip:

11 minutes ago, katyberry said:

SM doesn’t allow their acts to have their own channels, sis :skull: 

Yesterday I went to NCT 127 concert, it was so good I have so much fun and it was the last date of the tour so they speak a lot about it and also about Haechan situation, some almost cry. I just missed some iconic songs in their discography like Superhuman, Simons Says, Punch, Limitless and Firetruck.

22 minutes ago, JoanneActII said:

its not that serious :rip:

It kinda is cause they're not allowing their artists to grow but maybe I am being a bit dramatic

spacer.png

Edited by katyberry

6 hours ago, Flomik said:

the fact that Karina had to apologize for the lack of music barely 3 years into the career...

To think we thought their comeback would be next month. That album is not coming anytime soon :rip: