K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

3 hours ago, newaespa said:

wait, Ay-Yo actually sounds pretty good

i forgot they are NOT treasure, who is the only group that is capable of releasing trash after trash

:biblio:

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

still their best song :wanda:I fear they could not top this masterpiece

if OMG is the one getting autoplay payola then why is Ditto charting just as high? twitter stans will do anything to discredit them when every group does some sort of promo like that but it doesnt pay off as well for them

22 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Let's compare LAST YEARS STATS, until SKZ comes back this year as well: :giraffe:

Good Boy Gone Bad: 

YouTube - 64M views

Spotify - 93M streams

Circle Chart - #58

Maniac:

YouTube - 158M views

Spotify - 157M streams

Circle Chart: #29

*Billboard Bubbling Under* - #19

Case 143:

YouTube: 83M views

Spotify: 68M streams (it was released way later, which is why it has less for now, but it gains more daily streams and will eventually surpass Good Boy Gone Bad) 

Circle Chart #69

As a bonus:

Not Circus a Japanese release having 61M views and will soon surpass "Good boy gone Mad" that has 64M views :giraffe:

"txt are stomping so let's compare the previous comeback instead"

and you do realise JYP does ads on Youtube

Edited by K$Ellie

the txt - skz stans fighting 24/7 here for months now is taking me out ngl especially these past few days:skull:

8 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

crazy how they almost peaked predebut

19 hours ago, katyberry said:

concert at the end of February is 2x longer than their discography and Karina hinted at some new stages: 

20 hours ago, Zack said:

It was mentioned in the media recently. Not directly by SM, but sometimes reporters report on comeback news on SM's behalf.

Says aespa (and Red Velvet) will make their comebacks in the 1st half of this year.

Thanks! I mean thats definitely some confirmation, but that doesn't really confirm a February comeback in my opinion. Them having a comeback "in the first half of the year" was basically a given (YG announcement teas :rip:). They returned with Girls in the beginning of July, so that was basically just after the first half of the year as well.

The only thing that really makes me doubt the whole thing is that SM usually really, really stretches out the teasing for aespa so they would have announced a Februrary comeback definitely one month prior to release, but we'll see..

1hour more to go but aespa's instagram isnt aligned at the moment

we are screwed :monkey:

1 hour ago, hallucinate said:

the slayage :jonny5:

See when you're THEE K-Pop performers :jonny5: The new girlies better watch n learn

OMG been hitting extra hard lately...:deadbanana4: 

they keep on asking me who is he:wanda:

OH MY OH MY GOD :wanda:

he's the one that's living in my system baby :wanda:

where are the antis now?! 

everything about it is so good

the live vocals, the stage presence, the orchestra, the audience… when will your faves? it’s not even close!

and we have coachella coming, full headlining set! :WAP: it will be a collapse, no wonder some people are that pressed about my girls 

8 minutes ago, jeanie said:

same i was already obsessed but it might surpass ditto/attention for me now :jonny4:

7 minutes ago, Hazy said:

except the music?

32 minutes ago, jeanie said:

lmao not them two at it again:bibliahh:anyways both groups could be successful and coexist at the same time idk why that's such a foreign concept to some of yall :rip:

32 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

The TXT-SK stans keep on battling:dies:q

25 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

the txt - skz stans fighting 24/7 here for months now is taking me out ngl especially these past few days:skull:

It's giving Exol vs Army ngl :ahh:

But then again we have Blinks vs Onces vs Releluvs showdown almost every single weeks with the occasion of MYs vs Midzys and Dives vs Fearnots vs Bunnies in KTRL so

20 minutes ago, jeanie said:

OMG has always been the one for me. Its serving Hype Boy 2.0 being a total grower (and will end up bigger)

18 minutes ago, Hazy said:

the live vocals, the stage presence, the orchestra, the audience… when will your faves? it’s not even close!

and we have coachella coming, full headlining set! :WAP: it will be a collapse, no wonder some people are that pressed about my girls 

French blinks killed it :clap3:

every artist deserves an audience like this :heart2:

16 minutes ago, Hazy said:

If there's a kpop group I'd love to see live (besides my ults Monsta X) it's them. It's not just strictly following the routine with them but they actually bring out personality and presence. The Pinkchella 2.0 will be so good!!

Sugar Rush Ride always makes me giggle because everything other than the chorus sounds like it could’ve been an IZ*ONE song :dies: (and that makes me enjoy the song even more)

Omg I listened to Sugar Rush Ride and I thought they were saying "super bottom" during the refrain(?) :deadbanana2:

The song isn't bad overall ngl, definitely catchy :lakitu:

1 minute ago, WhalieX said:

If there's a kpop group I'd love to see live (besides my ults Monsta X) it's them. It's not just strictly following the routine with them but they actually bring out personality and presence. The Pinkchella 2.0 will be so good!!

this is exactly why I think they're one of the best performers in kpop. they may not be super in sync when dancing and they're not following every step of the dance routine like your usual kpop idols (who are just dancing like robots with zero stage presence, personality and charisma) but they command your full attention to them. idk how they do it. especially when the crowd goes crazy they even get crazier on stage :WAP:

also, pink venom and shut down just brings out the cvnts in them :WAP:

Lisa now found in strip clubs…BPs westernized behavior is getting worse 😔

5 minutes ago, WeFoundWill said:

Lisa now found in strip clubs…BPs westernized behavior is getting worse 😔

oh so that's what she meant by "memorable times" :ahh:

US Youtube chart

14 NEW
TOMORROW X TOGETHER - Sugar Rush Ride

Will this be enough for a billboard debut???:duca: