K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Just now, CandyCoatedClouds said:

I think you misunderstood my post. Obviously skz has been outstreaming txt this whole time. They're a year older, not to mention they released more materialist year and an ep late in the year. Txt only released one EP with a lackluster single in the middle of last year. Them outstreaming them all year is not an accomplishment. 

I'm talking about 2023 only. Actually, the discussion was about 2023 numbers on US. 

You are forgeting TXT released an album in january? They had more than 4 months to outchart SKZ on Spotify US before their comeback. But apparently you hold higher standards for SKZ 2022 music than for TXT 2023 music. 

• Haha 1

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

People don’t really take achievements in Japan as serious as other markets such as the west in Kpop, maybe because it’s easier to cross over. Like Spotify is used as the holy grail even though a lot of girls have good streams in Japan (and it’s only one country..). 

Congrats to Aespa though, the proof is in the pudding :clap3:

B-b-but nostalgia and beloved manga!!! :monkey:

xjaa6Of.gif

4 minutes ago, Odette Violet said:

Not you shading the Most Influential and Iconic Female Character of all time like that. Miss Usagi is a Gay and Feminist Icon. Put some respect to her name sis :bam:

I'm not shading anything, only a loser who's avoiding the glaring issues in their own life would police the media consumption of others. I was just pointing out hypocrisy.

Not some of you dragging Sailor Moon into this petty stan fights.

Not everyone has to like NewJeans, deal with it. :deadbanana:

Actually they are the GG who get the least hate here and the most praise. I don't understand the drama.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I was asking myself how Sailor Moon got into the discussion and then I noticed It's the character's name on the user

spacer.png

I don't tolerate the Sailor Moon slander here when sis is more culturally relevant than all of our faves combined worldwide  in her 30th year career :giraffe:

• Haha 1

USING REDDIT THREADS AS YOUR SOURCE AND POINT OF REFERENCE :ahh::ahh::ahh:
I'm done here.....this thread was funny to read as a spectator because of all the worms-for-brains takes, but actually getting involved with it really reaffirms the fact that this genre is dead and supported by some of the most bottom-of-the-barrel people

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

B-b-but nostalgia and beloved manga!!! :monkey:

xjaa6Of.gif

So… this is the post getting reported instead of a page of mental breakdown from that user?

Sailor Moon (anime in general) HAS a bigger pedo problem than K-Pop, deal with it.

xjaa6Of.gif

7 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

Actually they are the GG who get the least hate here and the most praise. I don't understand the drama.

They weren't coming from NJ, they were trying to attack ALL of their fans. That type of post was even banned in SYG

Edited by Century

6 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

This user came in the thread unwarranted and called all of us weird members of society for liking newjeans. It didnt start as part of a fanwar it started because this person came and provoked people. 

7 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

Yeah leave Miss Sailor Moon alone :eli:

Apparently Aespa and some GGs are the only ones who deserves to be drag here. Say 1 thing shady about the group or you'll get label as Haters1 :intoit:

Edited by Odette Violet
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, uusagii said:

the fact that this genre is dead and supported by some of the most bottom-of-the-barrel people

@Ryan

Thread ban this loser so he can go back to the basement writing 140 word reviews on rym. Thanks.

xjaa6Of.gif

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

you read all those paragraphs of deranged delusions and your takeaway was "not everyone has to like NewJeans" ??? :deadbanana4: 

we don't care if you like NJ or not, but essentially accusing them of being a "ped0bait group!!!" is insane

It's weird how that aespa stan is resulting Stray Kids' career as a "mid off", when the things MYs usually praise and boast about aespa such as sales and domes etc, SKZ are doing it as well but on steroids. MYs in here, are very loud about aespa selling 2 dome dates (which is indeed impressive), but then we have SKZ selling out 8 domes in under 5 minutes including the same Tokyo Dome as aespa is performing. Keep in mind that SKZ had already finished up their recent World tour which also included stadiums, domes, arenas etc. all over the world earlier this year, but then they decided to go on another tour this year which is now the new Dome tour that will start in about a month.  Like has any other Kpop act managed to have 2 different tours in the same year?

MY's keep boasting about aespa selling 2M albums (which is also very impressive), but SKZ has sold 5M albums with their recent album. SKZ has gotten 1.5B streams on Spotify this year in 2023 alone which is more than aespa's Spotify numbers in their whole career which are 1.2B totally. SKZ are also charting better than aespa worldwide outside of Korea. 

Don't get me wrong I like aespa and praised them earlier, and the things they have achieved is very impressive, but some of you MYs in here truly indeed need to get off your high horses and stop downplaying SKZ, especially when they stomp on aespa in every metric except for digital charting in Korea.

Edited by Pluto2022
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, spicyaegha said:

What do you expect? It’s delusional skz stans here? They think their favs are the next kings of the industry with no HIT in sight :giraffe:

It's crazy right, to be so brazen when their essentially bts but without the little company backstoey and without some of the qualities that made that group so big.

9 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

I'm talking about 2023 only. Actually, the discussion was about 2023 numbers on US. 

You are forgeting TXT released an album in january? They had more than 4 months to outchart SKZ on Spotify US before their comeback. But apparently you hold higher standards for SKZ 2022 music than for TXT 2023 music. 

Yeah but comparing 2023 without any context for why they're outstreaming is ... well frankly, it's dumb. Skz released music later in the year than txt so that carried over into higher streaming stats for the new year. 

3 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

@Ryan

Thread ban this loser so he can go back to the basement writing 140 word reviews on rym. Thanks.

xjaa6Of.gif

The one thing every fandom can agree on in here.

xjaa6Of.gif

1 minute ago, Century said:

They weren't coming from NJ, they were trying to attack ALL of their fans. That type of post was even banned in SYG

Just now, lgaga1fan said:

This user came in the thread unwarranted and called all of us weird members of society for liking newjeans. It didnt start as part of a fanwar it started because this person came and provoked people. 

Come on, that ain't new. 

Just look at post from other people like @spicyaegha who attack the fans as well. 

Sometimes I think y'all take this waaay to far. By no means I agree with that user tho. 

Y'all will eat your words when NewJeans comes back with a Sailor Moon inspired concept. :giraffe:

• Like 1

Just now, Rainy Devil said:

Come on, that ain't new. 

Just look at post from other people like @spicyaegha who attack the fans as well. 

Sometimes I think y'all take this waaay to far. By no means I agree with that user tho. 

Y'all will eat your words when NewJeans comes back with a Sailor Moon inspired concept. :giraffe:

Somebody came in here and called everybody in the thread basement dwelling losers clearly attempting to provoke us and THATS what you're getting out of this? 

2 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

Come on, that ain't new. 

Okay but that user is a troll that nobody likes and everybody here has posted theories as to who's dupe it is. Both the sheep and the anti-sheep can't stand her or the aespa stan account that popped up at the same time and types the exact same way. That's not the gold standard for ktrl

Edited by Century

1 minute ago, lgaga1fan said:

Somebody came in here and called everybody in the thread basement dwelling losers clearly attempting to provoke us and THATS what you're getting out of this? 

another nj anti i fear

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

@Ryan

xjaa6Of.gif

Honestly, @Ryan, please do
Because being called a loser by forum posters glorifying a gang of teens that are clearly used as pawns by label execs makes me think I'm actually on the right track with my life

Adios girlies!

• Haha 1

Anyway I'm ready for this guy to get off the stage already so that we can get txt on the stage.

1 hour ago, uusagii said:

I have a job, which makes all the difference

xjaa6Of.gif

Great. Log out, then clock in.

spacer.png

everyone dragging JYP’s quality control but this legit deserved to be a hit in Korea :rip:

At least the international fandoms gets it 

• Like 8