K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Billie Eilish can have a whole song/music videos about giving blowjobs at seventeen but its a problem when a kpop group with teenage girls makes music apparently. 

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ItsJustMe. said:

doesn't usagi mean bunny in japanese

you're a NewJeans stan by default :smitten2::smitten2::smitten2:

NewJeans Bunny - Nayeon Kim

It's based on Sailor Moon's Japanese name but thank you for the language lesson! :kitty:

14 minutes ago, uusagii said:

If you're over 20 and stan NewJeans you're definitely not a part of your immediate society (living off parents' money) and you're ****** up in the head

they make good music that can be enjoyed by anyone regardless of age. simple as that

Billie Eilish and Olivia Rodrigo were also teenagers when they debuted that resonated so what's the issue?

xjaa6Of.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, uusagii said:

It's based on Sailor Moon's Japanese name but thank you for the language lesson! :kitty:

Not a magic girl anime made for little girls. I knew the call was coming from inside the house with your insanely bothered post. 

2 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

Fiona Apple (an artist in your signature) had a debut album at 18 and you wanna get on a moral high horse about the ethics of the music industry. Sounds like you have bigger issues to deal with at home or something. 

reminder that one of the singles on her debut album had her in little to no clothes scounging around an empty apartment. newjeans hasnt done anything remotely similar to this despite being in the same age range. 

Using a genius like Fiona Apple to NewJean just for internet points............that really couldn't be me.
I'm sorry that this happened to you :cries:

7 hours ago, Odette Violet said:

When OAHs are grasping for straws :ahh:

Aespa flops. KTRL be like deSeRvEs, fads1!11, eClipsed by their Peers11, MYs are so delusional11 :isudumblmao:

Aespa achieves something. KTRL = pretty sure their peers can/could/would have doNe tHat first :isudumblmao:

Thank goodness KTRL is an echo chamber and does not reflect reality :celestial3:

If Aespa is truly OVER then you 

girls shouldn't be wasting your time with them, leave them alone and let us MYS celebrate in peace, kk :foxaylove:

Edited by Odette Violet

Just now, Century said:

Not a magic girl anime made for little girls. I knew the call was coming from inside the house with your insanely bothered post. 

The mental gymnastics to use THIS of all things to supplement your argument.........tragic!

4 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

TXT can have Melon, no discussion about it. It's the only market in the world they are bigger than SKZ

spacer.png

xjaa6Of.gif

• Like 2

Just now, Century said:

average mitski stan behavior

Just take your L and listen to your Artful Dodger tribute act honey

Just now, uusagii said:

The mental gymnastics to use THIS of all things to supplement your argument.........tragic!

Your argument is that enjoying popular music makes people in this thread sick in the head. Apparently the 70k audience members from their Lollapalooza set this week are all sick in the head by that logic. Go outside and think coherently about the topic before barging into this thread unwanted with little to no critical points or thinking skills. 

• Thanks 4

We've talked ad nasuem about the ethics of NewJeans song Cookie for over a year in here and now that people find out who they are they wanna barge in and call all of us weird... 

lollapalooza is a barbie drag right? pls tell me it is cause i spent a good minute cackling

I’m so excited for all these inflated album sales to TANK as soon as 50+ version photo cards are removed 

Why are the random discord users barging in here all of a sudden? Who sent out the ping 

504zfn.thumb.gif.a43ee4ce14e420f8b9c1ff5

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Century said:

the way the protagonist is actually 14 years old

it's getting weird I fear...

4 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

xjaa6Of.gif

Not for too long on US:

And TXT's album is distributed on Japan by a japanese distributor just like all HYBE's acts. Stray Kids' album is import, that's why their numbers are lower and not comparable. 

But If you see the sales of both japanese full albums released this year:

THE SOUND: ~470k 

SWEET: ~330k

spacer.png

Edited by Mitsuki

2 minutes ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

lollapalooza is a barbie drag right? pls tell me it is cause i spent a good minute cackling

Its a world renowned music festival held yearly in Chicago. Surprised that so many music stans live under a rock 

26 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

Your argument is that enjoying popular music makes people in this thread sick in the head. Apparently the 70k audience members from their Lollapalooza set this week are all sick in the head by that logic. Go outside and think coherently about the topic before barging into this thread unwanted with little to no critical points or thinking skills. 

Please think long and hard why a group of minors making mediocre music led by a creative director infamously renowned for pedophilic imagery is making the biggest waves in a genre already known for its mistreatment of minors. Please think about that before you come for me about "no critical points or thinking skills" LMAO

Edited by uusagii
Added "long" before the "hard" lol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, uusagii said:

Just take your L and listen to your Artful Dodger tribute act honey

"just take the L" says the person not a single soul agrees with :rip:

Just now, uusagii said:

Please think and hard why a group of minors making mediocre music led by a creative director infamously renowned for pedophilic imagery is making the biggest waves in a genre already known for its mistreatment of minors. Please think about that before you come for me about "no critical points or thinking skills" LMAO

We HAVE thought about it and discussed it for over a year in here. A lot of people in here are not part of that crowd and do not like newjeans. Its not anybody's fault that you're just finding out about them and want to be part of a conversation that you're clearly not equipped to be involved in. Go back to looking at aoty.org and gloating over mitski and fiona's wailing vocals over out of tune pianos please. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

Its a world renowned music festival held yearly in Chicago. Surprised that so many music stans live under a rock 

oh i know about that i just thought it initiall referred to sum else my bad.

Just now, lgaga1fan said:

We HAVE thought about it and discussed it for over a year in here. A lot of people in here are not part of that crowd and do not like newjeans. Its not anybody's fault that you're just finding out about them and want to be part of a conversation that you're clearly not equipped to be involved in. Go back to looking at aoty.org and gloating over mitski and fiona's wailing vocals over out of tune pianos please. 

So you have nothing to add at all, okay got it baby!
I will go back to AOTY and listen to Fiona Apple, I'll literally do that. You go ahead and enjoy your UK garage sang by a bunch of teenagers