K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

I know it's the angle but I could see queen getting a BBL and transition into a jessi-like career :oh:

• Haha 2

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

7qYtKhk.png

The wall of NO ENTRY is sending me :deadbanana2: 

xjaa6Of.gif

No offence to NMIXX girls I love them but why do they have more entries than... IVE!?

5 minutes ago, rzal said:

the free tickets in question 

xjaa6Of.gif

What's historic when Twice beat them to it and didn't have to beg anybody to attend? NO to YG mediaplay

xjaa6Of.gif

2 minutes ago, Flomik said:

No offence to NMIXX girls I love them but why do they have more entries than... IVE!?

Because talent always wins. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

7qYtKhk.png

xjaa6Of.gif

Blackpink

New Jeans

Twice

Le Sserafim

G-Idle 

A solid 5.

xjaa6Of.gif

Edited by LCTV

3 minutes ago, Flomik said:

cause they charted in hungary and IVE didn't. what's confusing? 

xjaa6Of.gif

2 minutes ago, Century said:

What's historic when Twice beat them to it and didn't have to beg anybody to attend? NO to YG mediaplay

xjaa6Of.gif

cause they booked 2 nights and therefore sold TWICE as many tickets babes 

xjaa6Of.gif

Edited by rzal
  • Like 1

Maybe because IVE albums aren’t distributed :cm:
and now y’all use twice leave them alone :rip:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rzal said:

xjaa6Of.gif

cause they booked 2 nights and therefore sold TWICE as much tickets babes 

xjaa6Of.gif

sold /= gave away through every means possible

NO to YG mediaplay again

xjaa6Of.gif

NPIXX much more global I fear

xjaa6Of.gif

2 minutes ago, rzal said:

xjaa6Of.gif

Not them being the Hungary's nation's girl group :jonny5:

NMIXX mindig híres leszel :heart:

xjaa6Of.gif

9 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

7qYtKhk.png

xjaa6Of.gif

Oh wow I expected BP, Twice and NJ to have the most entries obviously, but Lesserafim surprised me. ANTIFRAGILE did wonders for them huh.  Gidle too but they’ve been around for a while so I guess.

xjaa6Of.gif

3 minutes ago, Century said:

sold /= gave away through every means possible

NO to YG mediaplay again

xjaa6Of.gif

maybe SM should take some notes 

xjaa6Of.gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

Congratulations to the US boy group TXT who cant either outsell or out stream the Parisian boy group Stray Kids in the US I guess

F2r7G9LXAAI_P9Q?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Only SKZ, BTS and NJ are charting on Spotify US daily right now with BTS and SKZ never leaving the chart.

I would sure hope that they're outcharting considering they released a full length album and not just an EP like TXT darling 😉 

4 hours ago, black swan said:

Oooook? Both things can be true: moas suck at streaming and giving longevity to songs despite having big debut numbers (see TEMPTATION, it debuted similarly to the latest SKZ album with higher average streams per track despite having less tracks) AND SKZ are an older group, with a bigger core fanbase, with more comebacks per year (KR, JP and all the other additional mixtape/XMAS releases), with more tracks per comeback. it would've been embarassing not to outstream TXT imo.

Of course, you're entitled to your opinion but I still believe they have better performances than SKZ in the US, charts-wise at least: I don't find 3 #1s on BB 200 particularly impressive when they lack longevity, also having 3 total entries on the chart despite the wide discography and the first entry being last year... maybe it was a stock problem pre-2022, I don't know, but I would assume the JYP-proclaimed "next BTS" to perform similarly to BTS without physicals (in 2016 BTS managed to chart Wings on the UK album chart without a Friday release and physicals so it is possible when you have a lot of fans who stream very well on Spotify and Youtube, just like SKZ) 

I just think it's nice seeing TXT up here with 3rd gen groups, ENHYPEN and SKZ are behind them but have actually similar stats on BB charts overall, including those that aren't the main ones -- but again, my personal opinion. I love seeing TXT chart and perform better comeback after comeback ever since debut and that's what matters to me as a fan :bird:

That's the part SKZ fans just love to gloss over. SKZ outstreaming TXT is not the slay they think it is. They're part of a more prestigious company, had their own reality show, pre released music before debut and have had a long time to amass a rabid fan base. They also have more music to stream. Like it would be sad if SKZ weren't outdoing TXT (who do have great stats by the way) it's literally the bare minimum.

Not 2001 being the most recent #1 :dies: Fifty Fifty could have done it if that mess hadn’t happened 

xjaa6Of.gif

7 minutes ago, Flomik said:

The list is a pretty unfair comparison to IVE.

SM, HYBE and JYP distribute well their acts' albums in US and European Markets through Warner and UMG. While IVE only depends of streaming and digital on Europe and on US, when I searched, I'VE IVE was only available with an obscure link on Barnes&Noble. 

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, rzal said:

maybe SM should take some notes 

xjaa6Of.gif

So aespa has fewer unsold tickets across their entire US tour than BP does at a single date? I finally get why that metlife date is historic.

xjaa6Of.gif

3 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

The list is a pretty unfair comparison to IVE.

SM, HYBE and JYP distribute well their acts' albums in US and European Markets through Warner and UMG. While IVE only depends of streaming and digital on Europe and on US, when I searched, I'VE IVE was only available with an obscure link on Barnes&Noble. 

spacer.png

I'VE was available at Target.

xjaa6Of.gif

4 minutes ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

I would sure hope that they're outcharting considering they released a full length album and not just an EP like TXT darling

Stray Kids is charting on Spotify US since the beginning of the year.... 

Their streams on US in 2023 through catalog only: 

spacer.png

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Not 2001 being the most recent #1 :dies: Fifty Fifty could have done it if that mess hadn’t happened 

xjaa6Of.gif

they definitely wouldn't 

xjaa6Of.gif

2 minutes ago, Century said:

So aespa has fewer unsold tickets across their entire US tour than BP does at a single date? I finally get why that metlife date is historic.

xjaa6Of.gif

no, aespa sold less tickets on their entire US tour than blackpink sold at 2 dates

xjaa6Of.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

xjaa6Of.gif

New Generation is our only hope. @ador we need english versions yesterday

xjaa6Of.gif

1 minute ago, Century said:

I'VE was available at Target.

xjaa6Of.gif

Then they added later, cause during their comeback someone here asked why they didn't chart on Billboard 200, I was curious and went to search their album on major stores on US. And I only found on B&N 

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rzal said:

they definitely wouldn't 

xjaa6Of.gif

no, aespa sold less tickets on their entire US tour than blackpink sold at 2 dates

xjaa6Of.gif

Maybe in your dreams. Hopefully your favs can rebound from this embarrassment and don't disband.

xjaa6Of.gif

2 minutes ago, rzal said:

xjaa6Of.gif

xjaa6Of.gif

xjaa6Of.gif

30 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

7qYtKhk.png

xjaa6Of.gif

aespa album was released internationally nearly 2 months late but idk about the others

8 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

Stray Kids is charting on Spotify US since the beginning of the year.... 

Their streams on US in 2023 through catalog only: 

spacer.png

This does not invalidate a single thing I said. We have established that SKZ are basically the second coming of bts with less good music. I would sure hope they were there since they released an ep late last year. 

• Thumbs Down 1