Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Companion said:

This is what Beyonce wished for Renaissance to look like :ghostface:

Korea... Korea has a problem

Ftml620aAAE5kwp.jpg:large

40 minutes ago, Mel. said:

That's a lie and you know it

Jungkook could not pull off that vocal TaeYang just did

Daesung sings down too what do you mean TaeYang is the only viable vocalist?!

With similar material, I’m pretty sure he can. Taeyang and Jungkook aren’t worlds apart in terms of skill, nor is it farfetched to say that he out-sings all of the other members of BB. And I say that as far more of a Criminal Bang fan than I’ve ever cared about BTS. Both groups are on the lower end of the totem in the vocal department where it concerns popular bgs regardless, as I’ve said before, and always have been. BTS has just been better, up to a point, at pretending they had credible vocalists.

Daesung, on the other hand, just wails like a half-aborted goat, and can barely get a single line out live most of the time without cracking. He’s in no one’s vocal conversation, let’s bfr. :deadbanana:

I dont know the old kpop events, why Jessica left SNSD? I also want to hear the unofficial messy theories about her leaving anyone care to give me a quick summary? :gaycat4:

12 minutes ago, Companion said:

This is what Beyonce wished for Renaissance to look like :ghostface:

This instantly came to mind! A serve!

2 minutes ago, Companion said:

I dont know the old kpop events, why Jessica left SNSD? I also want to hear the unofficial messy theories about her leaving anyone care to give me a quick summary? :gaycat4:

sm wanted a cut of jessicas business, gave her an ultimatum

terrible negotiator jessica got brave and faked a post saying she was kicked out of snsd to garner reaction receipts to show SM that they can't do without her

SM immediately got pissed at her attempt and actually kicked her out of the group

the rest of snsd was mad at her putting her business before ot9, plus jessica was cocky having a billionaire boyfriend

EmvNcu1.gif

13 minutes ago, Rhythm said:

With similar material, I’m pretty sure he can. Taeyang and Jungkook aren’t worlds apart in terms of skill, nor is it farfetched to say that he out-sings all of the other members of BB. And I say that as far more of a Criminal Bang fan than I’ve ever cared about BTS. Both groups are on the lower end of the totem in the vocal department where it concerns popular bgs regardless, as I’ve said before, and always have been. BTS has just been better, up to a point, at pretending they had credible vocalists.

Daesung, on the other hand, just wails like a half-aborted goat, and can barely get a single line out live most of the time without cracking. He’s in no one’s vocal conversation, let’s bfr. :deadbanana:

Girl? is everything okay? TaeYang is wayyy more skilled than Jungkook, what is this blasphemy :biblio:

it has to be a case of you just not liking BB cause there's no way we should seriously be debating on who's superior vocally out of BB and BTS

not in 2023 we shouldn't

there's videos all over the net comparing them side by side and BB always comes out on top

4 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

terrible negotiator jessica got brave and faked a post saying she was kicked out of snsd to garner reaction receipts to show SM that they can't do without her

SM immediately got pissed at her attempt and actually kicked her out of the group

the rest of snsd was mad at her putting her business before ot9, plus jessica was cocky having a billionaire boyfriend

EmvNcu1.gif

Now why lie. 

Jessica official plan was to leave SM after Tokyo dome but changed her mind so taeyeon and her co said if you can’t decide, we will do it for you so they asked their parents to kick jessica out of the group. 

18 minutes ago, Companion said:

There’s an age-old tale in K-pop detailing how SNSD vowed to split any profit made amongst the group down evenly between the members (including solo projects, so Yoona’s lucrative CFs back in the day were a big win). When Jessica decided to start her fashion company, there were a lot of internal people that felt she was dividing too much of her time between her pursuits and the group, and was beginning to treat SNSD like her second job. The straw that broke the camel’s back was that she also allegedly refused to share her earnings because she didn’t feel anyone else was deserving of the profit she’d worked hard for. So half of the members apparently voted to have her removed, and SM acquiesced.

It’s a story that’s never once been confirmed and the reason for her sacking has been kept airtight, even today. But I think there have been hints that her business pursuits were definitely the root of it.

Edited by Rhythm

46 minutes ago, Fanta said:

omg kings slaying… you see when you’re talented & you release quality. :1stplace:

The way they’re doing well in every metric :clap3:

4 minutes ago, Rhythm said:

There’s an age-old tale in K-pop detailing how SNSD vowed to split any profit made amongst the group down evenly between the members (including solo projects, so Yoona’s lucrative CFs back in the day were a big win). When Jessica decided to start her fashion company, there were a lot of internal people that felt she was dividing too much of her time between her pursuits and the group, and was beginning to treat SNSD like her second job. The straw that broke the camel’s back was that she also allegedly refused to share her earnings because she didn’t feel anyone else was deserving of the profit she’d worked hard for. So half of the members apparently voted to have her removed, and SM acquiesced.

It’s a story that’s never once been confirmed and the reason for her sacking has been kept airtight, even today. But I think there have been hints that her business pursuits were definitely the root of it.

this is it. her business was 100% the reason

she tried to negotiate sm to keep her profits while staying in the group but sm wasnt having it with the ungrateful capitalist 

notice in jessica's statement being "asked to leave the group" =/= actually kicked out

they gave her options

EmvNcu1.gif

1 hour ago, DanyelP23 said:

We would need @Zack to confirm but basically, yeah.

Jessica was "removed" from SNSD because some of the members and their parents were not happy that she had been allowed to start a fashion business.

They felt it would cause a conflict of interest for the other members and that fashion brands/other companies would not offer CFs due to Jessica having her own business in the group.

SM and Jessica were in agreement about her starting a business and she shared royalties with them. The company allowed her to start the business and so she signed contracts and got investments.

The problem occurred because the members' parents kept showing up to the company to complain and when Jessica refused to pause her business at the request of the other members, they went to SM and said, if you don't ditch her, we won't show up to the Shenzhen fanmeeting. SM's hand was forced and told Jessica they would put her on a hiatus due to "health" and not to go to Shenzhen.

Jessica wasn't having it and posted to Weibo about the truth. THIS is what caused the beef between her and SM, not the business, which SM still supports even to this day. It was the members that had the issues with her business and this caused the rift which was handled horribly.

16 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

EmvNcu1.gif

Oh wow so she was also running a business on side? It was fashion business I think considering other replies but its gives queen behaivor to have a side income. It is interesting to SM let them have a relationship considering group was kinda new when she left right?

14 minutes ago, jorjapuss said:

Now why lie. 

Jessica official plan was to leave SM after Tokyo dome but changed her mind so taeyeon and her co said if you can’t decide, we will do it for you so they asked their parents to kick jessica out of the group. 

Lmao Taeyon looks like a girl that can plan something like this so im not surprised :coffee:

14 minutes ago, Rhythm said:

So is her business doing good? Did she become the Rihanna of kpop?

Also fact checks:

1. She never planned to leave. She was in rehearsals for Tokyo Dome and was recording a unit album with Krystal which was due for release some time after that

2. She hadn't missed any public schedules around the time of the business, whereas others had been missing for dramas etc. fairly often.

3. Jessica never "outed" anyone as a "lesbian" @Asscatchem this story is fake. Along with many others planted by SM/fans to create anti-narratives

4. There is zero concrete evidence that she is in contact with any of them and she is on record saying she hasn't seen them "for a long time".

1 minute ago, Zack said:

Jessica was "removed" from SNSD because some of the members and their parents were not happy that she had been allowed to start a fashion business.

They felt it would cause a conflict of interest for the other members and that fashion brands/other companies would not offer CFs due to Jessica having her own business in the group.

SM and Jessica were in agreement about her starting a business and she shared royalties with them. The company allowed her to start the business and so she signed contracts and got investments.

The problem occurred because the members' parents kept showing up to the company to complain and when Jessica refused to pause her business at the request of the other members, they went to SM and said, if you don't ditch her, we won't show up to the Shenzhen fanmeeting. SM's hand was forced and told Jessica they would put her on a hiatus due to "health" and not to go to Shenzhen.

Jessica wasn't having it and posted to Weibo about the truth. THIS is what caused the beef between her and SM, not the business, which SM still supports even to this day. It was the members that had the issues with her business and this caused the rift which was handled horribly.

What in the middle school mess is this :rip: How old was the members when these are happening and which members' parents were they?

It is reasonable that her business might cause a problem for other members to get deals on fashion but whining to their parents about them sounds so silly lol. It seems situation really handled horribly and Jessica sounds really unprofessional when she made public announcement but probably members was also giving her bad times back then.

Do you know is she still in contact with the members? Did they meet or hang out in public after she left the group?

whew… now back to the fights about SNSD/Jessica, I’ve missed them :jonny2:

1 minute ago, Antisocialites said:

whew… now back to the fights about SNSD/Jessica, I’ve missed them :jonny2:

Educating the new ktrlers about the culture and history :celestial5:

5 minutes ago, Companion said:

What in the middle school mess is this :rip: How old was the members when these are happening and which members' parents were they?

Parents are seen as seniors in Korean culture and it's common for them to be involved in business decisions like this.

It is reasonable that her business might cause a problem for other members to get deals on fashion but whining to their parents about them sounds so silly lol. It seems situation really handled horribly and Jessica sounds really unprofessional when she made public announcement but probably members was also giving her bad times back then.

Not really. Jessica has her own business but still endorses brands such as Celine, Bulgari, Valentino, Hermes, Calvin Klein, Chanel. Even her event today was for a brand deal she has with Givenchy. None of these brands seem to mind that she runs Blanc & Eclare. There's no conflict, despite being in the same industry.

The situation was handled badly, but the members backfired on themselves by forcing her out. They'll never get rid of this drama now.

I don't think she was unprofessional. Maybe emotional, but she probably predicted SM would throw her under the bus in favor of the group, so she reacted first.

Do you know is she still in contact with the members? Did they meet or hang out in public after she left the group?

Publicly she's said she hasn't and there's no evidence they are in contact. The other members pretend that she doesn't exist/erased her from history.

And as we can see, Jessica doesn't react positively either if the group/members are brought up.

Edited by Zack

11 minutes ago, Zack said:

Also fact checks:

1. She never planned to leave. She was in rehearsals for Tokyo Dome and was recording a unit album with Krystal which was due for release some time after that

She was but later changed her mind so

spacer.png

Just now, jorjapuss said:

She was but later changed her mind so

What is this based on exactly? Provide the source (which doesn't originate from that fake Dispatch conversation with "insiders").

She never planned to leave. She had another 3 years of her contract ahead, was planning to appear at Tokyo Dome, was in the middle of recording a joint SNSD/f(x) unit album with her sister AND doing a further season of their reality show. This is someone who wanted to keep being a group member and singer in general.

And since being out of the group, she has said over and over again that she never wanted to leave entertainment, which is why she released 3 solo albums and has worked to get her entertainment career back through China, which...surprise surprise, involved her debuting in a new girl group.

Indestructible is supposed to be Jessica's farewell single :gaycat5:

And obviously, running your own business while still active is impossible, considering how busy they are all the time and still at the peak at that time. And don't compare it to other members' drama or CF jobs :deadbanana: A CF takes 1 day to film, a drama takes 1 or 2 months to film, so they can always plan comeback/tour etc. around these solo schedules, but a business is lifelong commitment

2 minutes ago, Sept said:

Indestructible is supposed to be Jessica's farewell single :gaycat5:

This unsourced lie.

And "Indestructible" her "farewell" when Tiffany is singing almost half of the whole song? (e.g. more than anyone else by a big margin). Just no. :dies:

29 minutes ago, Zack said:

This unsourced lie.

And "Indestructible" her "farewell" when Tiffany is singing almost half of the whole song? (e.g. more than anyone else by a big margin). Just no. :dies:

It's Divine actually. Always confuse these 2 songs for each other

the demand for Stray Kids seems very high :clap3:A tour gross that finally neared $100M