K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

57 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

I smell something fishy here, those were their total sales last time and the single was underwhelming.  The growth is not matching.

• Replies 132.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it but the boy's planet propaganda is working.

5 minutes ago, DelRey said:

I smell something fishy here, those were their total sales last time and the single was underwhelming.  The growth is not matching.

There’s something not quite right over there at HYBE. The way all their artists are suddenly successful outta nowhere and doing all these numbers are major red flags

I'm loving the center of Boys Planet :giraffe:

Why is it always that yg stan :deadbanana2:

and then when people call him out he’s like “why are y’all obsessed with me don’t play with me I’ll beat you up hoes” :rip: 

like… the superiority complex for no goddamn reason sends me

12 minutes ago, Antunes said:

smash after smash 

they seriously have the best songs :jonny: this was super cute though

There’s something weird and fraudulent about Summer Cake’s rank on the ATRL top 75 kpop rate of 2022

and I saw some tweets and figures about her numbers on twitter

but I’m just gonna leave that alone

and let it play out itself, but there definitely something fishy going on and it stinks 

Oh this was SUCH a collapse omg 

THE VOCALS??? HELLO???

22 minutes ago, Mel. said:

There’s something weird and fraudulent about NewJeans on Spotify

and I saw some tweets and figures about their numbers on twitter

and let it play out itself, but there definitely something fishy going on and it stinks 

do you have anything to say about Apple Music?

or Melon? Genie? Bugs? Vibe?

you should worry about Baemon paid views on Youtube, baby.

ustynTM.gif

25 minutes ago, Meloetta Carey said:

I hate to say it but the boy's planet propaganda is working.

No because why is Boys Planet so CAMP 

2 hours ago, Zack said:

Yeah this is exactly what I was thinking of...at least a little bit of f(x) got into GOT somewhere!

OT: I feel like Luna and Victoria would fit GOT The Beat's vibe the most if they were still in SM.

Yeah. It's disgusting how SM pretends like f(x) never existed :'(

They even excluded them on their Kwangya universe lore. 

4 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

Everyone shut up and stream the WINNER of ATRL's K-Pop Song of 2022 :clap::heart2:

3 Garamnators came for them today and failed :bibliahh:

I like this song, is still the usual noise bg song but it's actually good

6 hours ago, Gaia said:

The criticism revolves around the themes on the lyrics and how their whole image is just a fake brand like any other group. 

It’s just kinda cringe. Talking about how critical the industry is while conforming to it :rip: 

Talking about how pathetic haters are when they are already like “OT5 is perfect. Love is the way we are. We’re so strong and United” like they weren’t OT6 like months ago :rip: Those haters clearly got what they wanted. 

Idk, my own opinion is just, if you’re going to have lyrics like that at least show that you’re trying to combat it a bit. 

She was part of PD101. She already had experience to know the idol world was very critical (considering how she was heavily criticized due to evil mnet edits making her look selfish and self centered). She was then a trainee and then dropped. And then a trainee again etc. 

Like ok you experienced it all before, then still decide to become an idol. Then conform to stick thin and pale beauty standard. Then a member is kicked out of your group over a controversy and you pretend she never existed after a month or two. 

That’s why members in this thread made comments that the lyrics seem performative. They’re written to look woke and cool. “Look at me I’m criticizing the status quo”

Yunjin's song is essentially aespa's Lifes Too Short with more attitude. It's real enough to people since she wrote and composed the song herself and is clearly just expressing herself

I feel like everyone here just watched Yunjin's "I want to change the idol industry" predebut video and assumed that her music was intended to be something revolutionary but its literally just about how netizens objectify idols like her and how she's her own person. I don't understand how anyone could have such a cynical reaction to something like that but whatever. 

19 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

Yeah. It's disgusting how SM pretends like f(x) never existed :'(

They even excluded them on their Kwangya universe lore. 

none of the members are signed to sm so why would they include them in kwangya universe lore :bird:

they didn't include s.e.s, h.o.t, shinhwa and other sm groups no longer under sm so literally why would they include f(x). be serious. :rip:

14 minutes ago, JoanneActII said:

none of the members are signed to sm so why would they include them in kwangya universe lore :bird:

they didn't include s.e.s, h.o.t, shinhwa and other sm groups no longer under sm so literally why would they include f(x). be serious. :rip:

That's true. 

But, I mean who can blame them? 7/8 years and still no album in sight. Now that I think about it, they made the right decision leaving SM. They had nothing going on in there, better look out for opportunities somewhere else

1 hour ago, Pluto2022 said:

Don't worry, Baby Monster will end them and take the throne back for The Big 3 :loki:

It's not even about BM

I just find something strange going on and I don't find it organic success

1 hour ago, Axel. said:

do you have anything to say about Apple Music?

or Melon? Genie? Bugs? Vibe?

you should worry about Baemon paid views on Youtube, baby.

ustynTM.gif

you can post all the tweets you want want 

my statement still stands

11 hours ago, Adama said:

So I listened to Yujin song, she’s a cute and talented girl but this fake woke and Im different persona that Hybe seems to push for her is so freaking played out.

You can’t preach about wanting to change the idol perception and industry when you’re still act like a puppet of this industry. It was better to said nothing lol.

Like girl, they allowed you to sing this song bc it’s perfect for the image that they created around you and your group.

I mean she is right to criticize the haters, but the problem also start with your agency, they are the one who probably pushed you to get a new face and you accepted it, they are the one who changed your fashion style and your accepted it, they are the one who told you to be conscious of your weight, they are the one who let minors humping the floor on fearless and you accepted it, they are the one who erased Garam existence and you accepted it. All that and yet you’re not calling them out either so :coffee2:

Yeah idol aren’t doll then go said that to your company first! 

I've watched some of Lesserafims behind the scene contents and....Yunjin does give off strong 'I'm not like the other girls' energy.

But considering she was on Kpop stan twitter as an Army before debuting that's not surprising so

13 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

That's true. 

But, I mean who can blame them? 7/8 years and still no album in sight. Now that I think about it, they made the right decision leaving SM. They had nothing going on in there, better look out for opportunities somewhere else

luna and amber could've made a good subunit tbh. krystal was obviously going to leave sm and doesn't seem interested in music anymore. victoria has a career in china now and might never work in korea again honestly. they could do a reunion album one day like girls generation or s.e.s. but i don't see it happening for a long time if ever. 

2 hours ago, Mel. said:

There’s something weird and fraudulent about NewJeans on Spotify

and I saw some tweets and figures about their numbers on twitter

and let it play out itself, but there definitely something fishy going on and it stinks 

you are literally the trump of this thread :ahh:

42 minutes ago, kawk said:

Queens of K-pop dominated 2022 :clap3:

v879xp2o24ba1.jpg?width=913&format=pjpg&

Fraudspa nowhere to be found :fan:

q4088q2o24ba1.jpg?width=913&format=pjpg&

Congrats on the YouTube VIEWS, but how much money is generated form views? Did they even gained any profit after deducting the ads fee?

and aespa can continue gaining PROFIT from album sales from just CBARS alone.

so get aespa out of your stinky mouth