K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

The aespa soundtrack song is so good, I hope they revisit this type of genre for the comeback, i'm not sure but it feels like a futuristic electro pop, really like it 

• Replies 132.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/21/2023 at 6:47 PM, Century said:

Wait until you find out what YHS has been accused of offering foreign investors as "hospitality" by investigative journalists. :snowman:

I'm surprised it's not common knowledge that Kpop companies regularly p*mp out their trainees for financial etc. favors. It's probably been buried because of all the Kpopactivists who shut down articles being written about the dark side of Kpop.

Those articles were necessary to keep people safe! Yall dun f*cked up.

All this talk about YG, YHS and xes trafficking children reminds me of the drama surrounding Minzy leaving and how it all mysteriously disappeared.

If you remember Minzy left 2NE1 first. That's when  YG started flooding the news with negative media play about her to try to get her hated ala Jessica. But then Minzy's father went to social media and said NOT TODAY

There are now reports that her dad has spoken up about the issue on Instagram. On April 6, he posted a song and video of his daughter with the message: "Her passion is still overflowing."

Minzy's dad added a number of hashtags and, "If you're going to act like this with the media play, then I'm going to hold a press conference for the truth. I tried to leave it as a beautiful separation..."

Then suddenly, the negative mediaplay stopped, the father recanted and the press conference never happened. Nobody ever spoke of it again.

:biblio:

What was Minzy's dad going to expose about YG?

Since we're talking about SHINee I just wanna add that they also pioneered the dance practice video trend and were pretty much solely responsible for the entire k-pop aesthetic of rainbow skinny jeans in the late 2000s/early 2010s because of their styling at debut.

EDIT: also as a sidenote they also were responsible for the SMTown Halloween Party becoming a thing. It used to be just like an office party but SHINee all showed up in costumes one year and then everyone started doing it :rip:

Edited by Blueberry Kisses

What YHS does personally to his trainees aren't just to the female ones either. Let's not forget this disgusting bit of news that got buried with BlackPink's successful debut:

Ex-Moogadang rapper Prhyme talks about his negative experience under YG

Article: 'Moogadang' rapper Prhyme "YG had an adverse effect on my promos ever since my contract with them ended"

Source: Sports Today via Nate

He initially commented on Yoo Byung Jae's post, "I'd be where you are by now if I had served Hyun Suk hyung drinks every single night. But I was sick of that dark place and finally ran out after 6 years."

He then deleted the comment and wrote a separate post on his Facebook explaining, "I didn't delete the comment because I was scared of hate or because it wasn't true. The fact that I had to serve drinks for years on end can be testified by all of the people who worked at the club. I knew at the start of Moogadang that Moogadang was just a group for YG to kill time before Big Bang's debut and to form a foundation for Eunjoo's solo as well as Baekkyung's production work but I was grateful for anything that I was given. But after signing the contract (for Moogadang), it wasn't schedules that I had to attend to but nights out serving drinks. It got to the point where it affected my health. Ever since my contract with YG ended, it adversely affected my promotions. I eventually gave up any hope I had of a TV career and started over from the bottom of the pit, sweating on the field and promising anyone who would listen to me that I would work hard."

-

1. [+465, -26] Yang Hyun Suk... he has more of a darker side than you'd think...

2 minutes ago, New Edition said:

What YHS does personally to his trainees aren't just to the female ones either. Let's not forget this disgusting bit of news that got buried with BlackPink's successful debut:

Ex-Moogadang rapper Prhyme talks about his negative experience under YG

How isnt he in maximum security prison at this point jfc :rip:

2 hours ago, Josh said:

the best groups to come out of the 2nd gen were:

2NE1
T-ARA
KARA
SNSD

Replace kara with sisstar then you got an immaculate list.

im not even that old and feel like fossil seen people born in 2007 debut :hoetenks:

had no idea the gworlz were still paying homage to this kpop classic :jonny4:

Have y'all read the conditions why LOONA signed with Jaden Jeong. Jinsoul asked to study and become A&R for their music. The girls asked to be more involved with their music and their image.

2 minutes ago, CBC said:

we had a secret time

We a secret party.

:cm:

1 hour ago, Pluto2022 said:

Speaking of propaganda:

@Witnessed ET Your Seventeen propaganda is starting to work on me I fear, and I'm kinda here for them especially Jun & DK :fish2: 

Nothing wrong with seeing the light! Come join the bright side and learn about the other members too :heart:

55 minutes ago, New Edition said:

All this talk about YG, YHS and xes trafficking children reminds me of the drama surrounding Minzy leaving and how it all mysteriously disappeared.

If you remember Minzy left 2NE1 first. That's when  YG started flooding the news with negative media play about her to try to get her hated ala Jessica. But then Minzy's father went to social media and said NOT TODAY

Then suddenly, the negative mediaplay stopped, the father recanted and the press conference never happened. Nobody ever spoke of it again.

:biblio:

What was Minzy's dad going to expose about YG?

That was so brilliant of him. The audacity of YGE to even attempt to slander your own former artist when you used them in the past. Honestly I’m sure there’s a lot of shady things that happen behind the scenes in these companies but I wonder when is anybody ever gonna speak up in a way that it will expose the whole truth, not just a fraction. But then again, I feel like the culprits are way more careful while doing those stuff nowadays after the Burning Sun scandal. 

Why are people acting surprised that the Fifty Fufty song did well and is now charting in the US? Are y’all not aware that we’re now in the age of tiktok where even old songs can become hits overnight? Cupid is simply a feel-good track that gained traction online and got that momentum before it gained even more listeners. And also of course the labels are pushing them after seeing a sizeable return. 

1 hour ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

So this is the new HYBE Japan gg wtf

This just makes me sick, the kids today are growing up way too fast for their own good :rip:

Can't wait for Le Sserafim to do a fallen angel concept for the new comeback

they almost got near ny cbar solo sales :chick2:. They will probably go all out for misamo's debut in japan.

5 hours ago, hétérosexuelle said:

Harry styles ows them a thank you for paving the queer-baiting way:hippo:

420211.png?s=900x600&e=t

There was a boy band circa 7~~ years ago where one of them was playing a drug addict in their underwear in an MV and I thought it was Teen Top?? But now I can't find it. I remember it being super controversial but I was too young to really care, lol.

8 hours ago, kendoll2001 said:

Enhypen are currently in Poland (filming for the comeback)

So I assume HYBE’s roster is going to go…

Seventeen (April 24)

LE SSERAFIM (May 1)

Enhypen (end of May)

NewJeans Full Album (July)

with TXT currently on world tour, and Seventeen and LSFM about to embark on theirs

+ the launch of the KOZ and Pledis nbgs 

bang-pd-bts.gif

This better be good. I can't believe they went from Given Taken, Drunk Dazed, Fever, Polaroid Love to.... Future Perfect.

These ones have potential, dammit!

God Jay serving visuals as always :heart:  I’m sure Jungwon will serve iconic catchy vocals as usual 

8 hours ago, discreetinside said:

Whew time flies so fast :jonnycat:

Time for them to get much deserved rest and prepared for the rumored 3rd full Korean album comeback.

Reveal hidden contents

Hope they rest well and go spending the money they earned. The kings worked hard this tour. 

I'm more inclined to believe they will release a full album IF they only comeback in june like rumoured. 

If they comeback in may, I think It will be a mini.