• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kern

• feelslikeadream

• genetic fail

• Miles.

UK version is top tier reality tv. I’ll probably start this tomorrow.

And as a survivor fan I’m so excited to see robbed queen Cirie here.

IM SOOOOOO HAPPY FOR CIRIE!!!! she played a brilliant game and i would’ve been so mad if tweedledum and tweedledee Quentin and Andie ended up getting the pot, they have been WRONG about literally everything in the game except Andie finally growing balls in the last ep to get out Xtian

:rip: 

I was a bit confused by the final voting tho tbh, I wonder if Arie had already told Cirie that he’d throw it for her. otherwise that could’ve been a horrible move from her - Quentin was the only other name that had been thrown out, and unless cirie could convince andie or quentin within 1 minute that arie was a traitor, they would’ve most likely just ended up banishing quentin…or they could’ve caught onto it and banished Cirie herself

Binge watched the entire thing in one day with my roommate we just couldn't stop watching! This is great TV, it starts out a little messy because I had a lot of questions regarding the format and how much production is involved with certain plays and decisions (which I suspect the contestants were also hesitant with what they could and couldn't do) but after the first two episodes the ball really starts rolling and never slows down. The finale was fantastic and very emotional, you can really tell how this game actually messed with a lot of peoples heads. I hope there's a season 2 soon!

Also, Kate was an absolute RIOT she is hilarious without even trying. 

Spoiler

Watching Cirie play was AMAZING, she was the perfect choice for a Traitor. I'm so happy that she finally got to win something, it was sad seeing Andies reacting but tbh they were so clueless the entire game, as was Quentin he really thought he knew everything but was wrong every single time :rip:

Cirie got all of the traitors out I was screaming what a QUEEN!!

14 hours ago, Scandalous said:

Hide contents

IM SOOOOOO HAPPY FOR CIRIE!!!! she played a brilliant game and i would’ve been so mad if tweedledum and tweedledee Quentin and Andie ended up getting the pot, they have been WRONG about literally everything in the game except Andie finally growing balls in the last ep to get out Xtian

:rip: 

I was a bit confused by the final voting tho tbh, I wonder if Arie had already told Cirie that he’d throw it for her. otherwise that could’ve been a horrible move from her - Quentin was the only other name that had been thrown out, and unless cirie could convince andie or quentin within 1 minute that arie was a traitor, they would’ve most likely just ended up banishing quentin…or they could’ve caught onto it and banished Cirie herself

Spoiler

I was also confused about the final voting because I thought everyone knew there was three traitors but I read that apparently the contestants were never informed about the amount of traitors in play which makes sense but then I question why they wouldn't tell the viewers that? Besides that I wasn't too clear on a lot of things l, Season two needs a more clear explanation of the game play. The whole shield thing felt like it wasn't developed fully. 

3 minutes ago, 305 said:

Binge watched the entire thing in one day with my roommate we just couldn't stop watching! This is great TV, it starts out a little messy because I had a lot of questions regarding the format and how much production is involved with certain plays and decisions (which I suspect the contestants were also hesitant with what they could and couldn't do) but after the first two episodes the ball really starts rolling and never slows down. The finale was fantastic and very emotional, you can really tell how this game actually messed with a lot of peoples heads. I hope there's a season 2 soon!

Also, Kate was an absolute RIOT she is hilarious without even trying. 

Hide contents

Watching Cirie play was AMAZING, she was the perfect choice for a Traitor. I'm so happy that she finally got to win something, it was sad seeing Andies reacting but tbh they were so clueless the entire game, as was Quentin he really thought he knew everything but was wrong every single time :rip:

Cirie got all of the traitors out I was screaming what a QUEEN!!

Hide contents

I was also confused about the final voting because I thought everyone knew there was three traitors but I read that apparently the contestants were never informed about the amount of traitors in play which makes sense but then I question why they wouldn't tell the viewers that? Besides that I wasn't too clear on a lot of things l, Season two needs a more clear explanation of the game play. The whole shield thing felt like it wasn't developed fully. 

i recommend watching the UK season, i feel like it explains things a lot better because the eps are a bit longer. this version i believe used the same rules as that version but it didn’t really make everything clear to the viewer

Yeah the UK version is better because the players felt more real, likable and relatable.

Still I enjoyed this so much, the traitors played a great game and the last 3 episodes were amazing 

I'm only on episode 3 but I love Kate so far.

I'm confused about the point of the missions though. I guess it's just so that they have something for the tv show but as far as the structure of the game it doesn't seem to add anything. The faithfuls and traitors are all incentivised to want to win so there's no real dramatic aspect. Has it been done better in other versions?

4 hours ago, Clandestine said:

I'm confused about the point of the missions though. I guess it's just so that they have something for the tv show but as far as the structure of the game it doesn't seem to add anything. The faithfuls and traitors are all incentivised to want to win so there's no real dramatic aspect. Has it been done better in other versions?

Yeah the challenges don’t make sense to me (granted I’ve just started). It’d make more sense if immunity or clues were up for grabs. This just seems like a dumber version of The Mole so far.

On E7.  I'm enjoying the US version but it's nowhere close to the UK or AUS versions.  Everything is just so... Americanized.  Overproduced.  Dumbed down.  Glossed over.  Like how they don't bother explaining any of the rules because they don't want to confuse the audience.  And Kate and Brandi being obvious actors with their over-the-top antics.  

I think this would have been so much better with all normal people.  The only "celebs" that I think have made good cast members are Cirie, Kyle, Rachel, and Stephenie.  Ryan and Arie are especially pointless, they've provided absolutely nothing :rip: And the over-focusing on the celebs has left almost all the normal people invisible.  The UK and AUS versions felt like intense psychological social experiments due to the heightened emotions.  This feels like a game show.

AUS Version: 10/10

UK Version: 13/10

US Version: 7/10

Okay finally finished this and oh my god the last 3 episodes had me on the edge of my seat.

Cirie motherfucking Fields proving once again that she’s the baddest of them all. What a finish

:jonny5: 

Her manipulating every single faithful, never receiving a single vote against her, all while systematically eliminating all of the other traitors to take the money for herself is peak mother behaviour. Her gameplay has always been masterful and I’m glad she finally got rewarded for it because she was screwed multiple times on survivor because of dumb twists.

I really felt bad for Andie tho. They were clearly hurt but they were too pure for this game. And Kate brought amazing entertainment.

Overall not as strong as our own version (have not seen the Australian one) but I think it was great, especially towards the end. I just love the concept of the show show much, definitely my favorite reality show currently. 

I hope there’s a second season. The fact it’s on peacock scares me. I wish Netflix had the rights instead.

Kate Chastain the ICON that you are. Her and Brandi in the first few episodes were giving me strong Megan and Brandi C teas :toofunny2:

Cirie was amazing as always. I'm very thankful her and Rachel ended Cody Cauliflower finally 

I binged this last weekend and I really enjoyed it. The fact that Cirie finally got her win was so sweet! Then her taking the right people to the end and cutting Arie to take the entire prize all for herself like she deserved. UGH I was gagged! :jonny5:

I thought it was an entertaining season, especially when Rachel started freaking out and whenever Kate was on screen. Quentin as well was enjoyable for his own unique contribution. Cirie of course was a delight.

The structure was quite confusing to me though. I started skipping through the missions because they weren't interesting enough and I didn't understand how the end game was going to play out. I guess I was drawing on experience from Mafia games but I thought there would be a point where the traitors would have won automatically. I also think it would be more interesting if there were more going on to give faithfuls a chance of getting clues to who traitors are like in Mafia. I guess they had a pseudo doctor with the shield but it flopped like a BB twist with how it played out. I was annoyed with the late stage recruit as well as it seemed completely unnecessary. I'll still check out other seasons to see how they went.

The Australian one is amazing and easily the best iteration so far. Marielle, Alex, Kate, Teresa.. That is a lot of ******* talent. 

I enjoyed this season - not as much as the UK season, definitely watch that if you get a chance. The cast are amazing and some of the drama that takes place is both hilarious and shocking.

The US winner(s) played a completely flawless game, and definitely deserved it.

It was so satisfying to see Cody and Rachel get exposed in a game that's not rigged in their favour, and to see both leave in tears. :celestial5:

11 hours ago, yourcloud said:

The Australian one is amazing and easily the best iteration so far. Marielle, Alex, Kate, Teresa.. That is a lot of ******* talent. 

Marielle ATE, what a ******* legend!  She was so brilliant, methodical, calculated, and ruthless.  I want her on another show asap.  Alex was great too.

The fact that all three iterations have had an iconic female traitor:alexz: 

Marielle, Amanda, and Cirie have left very big shoes to fill for future seasons :clap3: 

I agree the Australian version is my favorite but they are all good! #TheCars was TOO iconic, easily one of the best rtv blindsides in years!

"How do you know for sure? I mean, I wouldn't pick that outfit, so I don't think I trust your judgment completely"

I might have to start watching that Below Deck show because I’m still not over her one-liners.

The way she ended up prevailing over the ever insufferable Rachel Reilly makes me stan even more.

I really enjoyed it. I came in with no expectations, binged the entire thing in a day, and ended up loving it.

Watching smug ass Cody and Christian get their comeuppance and leave in tears was so satisfying. Brandi and Kate proved once again why they're reality TV legends. Kate especially was a star.

The winner is everything and I'm glad they FINALLY got their win. What a masterful performance, a flawless game. To backstab the three other traitors like that and still not receive a single vote? Iconic. :clap3:

9 hours ago, Miles. said:

Marielle ATE, what a ******* legend!  She was so brilliant, methodical, calculated, and ruthless.  I want her on another show asap.  Alex was great too.

Period! The way she cut two traitors like that, come through evil queen! 

Also Alex's nod and smirk in that last banishment is such a scream. Poor Craig, he got played so bad. No amount of therapy will make that go away. 

just finished USA. wow the last couple of episodes were shocking and such a phenomenal bit of tv. quite a different dynamic to the UK season ending but gripping all the same.  utterly obsessed with kate.

i like that the US version is more of a game and you really see the strategy, whereas UK is more wholesome and has the unique and warm characters/personalities. 

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.