Winston - Hot 100 Predictions: Anti/Hero #1; Lift Me Up #2

GoodGuyGoneGhetto

34 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

No it wouldnt have.

Without radio in the formula, yeah. Not with low radio against other songs. Older songs always have a bit lower sales and streaming after the radio build

But yeah #3 on streaming is impressive :celestial5: Guess YouTube and Pandora came through

Do we even have Pandora numbers yet? 

This streaming estimation seems to be a combo of Spotify/AM/YT numbers. 

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• simmnfierzig

• pride4jc1222

• Cloröx

18 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Do we even have Pandora numbers yet? 

This streaming estimation seems to be a combo of Spotify/AM/YT numbers. 

He tweeted earlier about it being #1. I'm sure he estimated it

5 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Why y'all gotta live in Stan world? It's weird as hell a rule change happened when the biggest gainer in radio history was just released. Idk why they're doing this to something that was supposed to be a ******* tribute 

The change was announced months ago and now it the new Billboard tracking year. It was expected to come around now

Hopefully it won't debut at #2. It's so ugly. I only accept #1 or #3.  :emofish:

Anyway, happy for SZA. She deserves it. Taylor is still dominating. :clap3:

9 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

The nerve and bitterness. Your fave's last single (Hold My Hand, also from a soundtrack):

Hot 100 - 10 weeks

Radio Songs - 7 weeks

Streaming Songs - N/A (never charted)

9 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Songs that had a bigger first week on radio since 2015, in terms of audience impressions:

1) Hello - Adele 

2) Easy On Me - Adele 

3) Shape Of You - Ed Sheeran

4) I Don’t Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber

:ahh:

Anyway…

The Queen of the Hot 100 is about to score another top two hit before the R9 lead drops. 

I’d be mad too. 

“rADio PayOLa1!1!1!1!1!1”

LIEEEEES

Confirmed as the biggest US radio launch of all time :ahh: :ahh:

And as for HMH, the nerve to bring it up when it peaked at 28m AI, LMU got that number the FIRST DAY :ahh:

Anyways, HMH is still pullling ~500k daily, we'll see about LMU in a few months from now :coffee2:

14 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

LIEEEEES

Confirmed as the biggest US radio launch of all time :ahh: :ahh:

And as for HMH, the nerve to bring it up when it peaked at 28m AI, LMU got that number the FIRST DAY :ahh:

Anyways, HMH is still pullling ~500k daily, we'll see about LMU in a few months from now :coffee2:

Biggest launch in terms of radio adds, not in terms of radio airplay/impressions. So no he did not lie.

Your fave’s last lead single was literally kept afloat the Hot 100 for (only) 10 weeks because of radio airplay. It charted 2 weeks on Streaming Songs and 9 weeks on Radio Songs. The absolute nerve :skull: 

5 hours ago, FolkLover1989 said:

IDWLF was better than this 

IDWLF debuted at #6

7 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Right

Funny thing is she's gonna debut at #3 on Streaming Songs, #2 on Digital Songs ...which means she would've also debuted at #2-#3 without radio. :rip:

:rip: girl go back to school

9 hours ago, Hot Volcano said:

the radio payola was enormous :rip: When was the last time someone had this big of a radio push? The ratio radio to streams is tragic, Unholy is definitely beating it, so its probably gonna debut at #3 and then stumble down like a rock.

I want this to happen but wouldn't Radio numbers alone carry it to #1 ?

4 hours ago, Icarus said:

Using the comeback excuse when it’s convenient :toofunny3: why is KING Rih after a half decade hiatus tumbling down the streaming charts?

You expected a lullaby for a movie that hasn’t been released yet to stay at the top after a week?

Sigh. These girls really don’t know the power of Rih. R9 should be fun. 

7 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Right

Funny thing is she's gonna debut at #3 on Streaming Songs, #2 on Digital Songs ...which means she would've also debuted at #2-#3 without radio. :rip:

No, based on the prediction she would have debuted out of the top 4.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some payola involved but honestly the huge radio numbers aren't that shocking giving its her comeback of 7 years. Let's stop calling ME! payola though cuz its the same situation. 

Also, Taylor blocking Rihannas comeback is just insane :soda:who would have guessed it based on the way the Navy gas up Rihanna as some unstoppable streaming behemoth

7 minutes ago, argos said:

:rip: girl go back to school

6 minutes ago, pierreleswiftie said:

No, based on the prediction she would have debuted out of the top 4.

Streaming - #3

Digital - #2

Like I said… if radio wasn’t counted in the Hot 100’s formula she would’ve still debuted Top 3 :lmao: 

6 minutes ago, Literature said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some payola involved but honestly the huge radio numbers aren't that shocking giving its her comeback of 7 years. Let's stop calling ME! payola though cuz its the same situation. 

Also, Taylor blocking Rihannas comeback is just insane :soda:who would have guessed it based on the way the Navy gas up Rihanna as some unstoppable streaming behemoth

I mean she just broke a record in that department:

But since everyone seems to have forgotten that the song is from a soundtrack :nicole2:

10 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Streaming - #3

Digital - #2

Like I said… if radio wasn’t counted in the Hot 100’s formula she would’ve still debuted Top 3 :lmao: 

No, you said she would have debuted at “#2-#3” without radio. Poor math skills and a lack of reading comprehension :coffee2:

Meh, this is better than I expected.

Lift Me Up is a beautiful song, but not exactly what people were waiting from her so she still did good with the material she put out. 

10 hours ago, Hot Volcano said:

the radio payola was enormous :rip: When was the last time someone had this big of a radio push? The ratio radio to streams is tragic, Unholy is definitely beating it, so its probably gonna debut at #3 and then stumble down like a rock.

Its hard to cope when your fave is being destroyed by Onerepublic huh? 

Keep seething.. 

OT: congrats to both Rih and Tay :clap3:

1 hour ago, pierreleswiftie said:

I want this to happen but wouldn't Radio numbers alone carry it to #1 ?

Maybe.  We dont know how radio will go after the first week.  

34 minutes ago, argos said:

No, you said she would have debuted at “#2-#3” without radio. Poor math skills and a lack of reading comprehension :coffee2:

Yeah... pretending you don't get it just because it wouldn't fit the narrative that radio carried the song - when the truth is it would've debuted Top 3 on a chart purely based on consumption (SPS).

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611e5ad0604ce4abfa88cfaa39c3516c5d0d4ed62c7&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

The #2 debut holding up, I thought might’ve dropped with the earlier predictions! The demand

:clap3: 

Nnnnn the fumes, the anger, the madness. I don't blame you, it's really frustrating watching someone's immense power on every radio format (something we been knew for ever) while your faves struggle to even have double digit number of weeks on the charts and that just because of the radio. 

Not to mention that her radio power is getting even more visible when you think about the type of the song she came back with (your faves could never even with the biggest payola). Seems like radio Rihydration was intense and they hate to see it! 

l0Exk95hCQQYybzOg.thumb.gif.8d5643751575

Edited by Paola Bracho

3 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

IDWLF debuted at #6

It was more stable in long term and debuted with great and stable streams so LMU is not biggest soundtrack.

And IDWLF was not even pushed like this

Edited by FolkLover1989

5 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

It was more stable in long term and debuted with great and stable streams so LMU is not biggest soundtrack.

And IDWLF was not even pushed like this

What?

“IDWLF” had a massive radio deal too, and the song was only sent to two formats initially. 

This was its first seven-day total as per Mediabase. 

POP.

#20 - 39.904M AI 

HAC.

#24 - 13.649M

= 52M AI. 

It’s funny how everyone suddenly has amnesia as to how radio works even though we know that adjustments are made all the time; panels are added or removed all the time which, in turn, affects overall numbers and listener impressions.

:rip:

OT: LMU smashing on radio.

Btw we should remove sales from Hot 100 too as AH is #1 now.

Another nad metrics.

We should make Radio the only metrics for song consumption now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.