STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Winston - Hot 100 Predictions: Anti/Hero #1; Lift Me Up #2

GoodGuyGoneGhetto

9 minutes ago, argos said:

Not when it’s on the verge of tumbling off the streaming charts :gaycat5:

I will be quoting this again in 2 weeks. Either to admit defeat or to say I told you so. :lakitu:

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• simmnfierzig

• pride4jc1222

• Cloröx

13 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Songs that had a bigger first week on radio since 2015, in terms of audience impressions:

1) Hello - Adele 

2) Easy On Me - Adele 

3) Shape Of You - Ed Sheeran

4) I Don’t Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber

:ahh:

Anyway…

The Queen of the Hot 100 is about to score another top two hit before the R9 lead drops. 

I’d be mad too. 

“rADio PayOLa1!1!1!1!1!1”

But sis... These were actual lead singles for an era AND they had bigger streams and sales. They didn't decline like this "soundtrack" song. Its doing "well" on itunes but that is an obsolete platform by several accounts. This was discussed just 3 months ago with SFG and BMS. :hoetenks:

But thank God for the video. It would not have a chance at top 10 without it at this rate. 

rihanna comeback not debuting at #1 with a biggest radio payola? supported by one of the biggest movies? and a big spotify&apple music push? 

thats surprising…

Lift Me Up is ONE of the BIGGEST FRAUDS ever seen on the Billboard charts.

Glad Anti-Hero is blocking that! 

OMG at SZA being projected to debut at #7. Her second consecutive top ten debut. So proud of her :clap3:.

Come on Rih, get that top 2 debut!!!

#19: 1.4k sales, 6.7M streams, 51M Al

#62: 7k sales, 8.3M streams, 0.3M Al

Yeah I'm sorry but this is ridiculous, no one consumes that song and it's 43 spots above :bibliahh:

1 minute ago, Taylena said:

:clap3:

41 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

Give us 2 weeks. That top spot is ours. And I believe it'll be her fastest to hit #1 since Work took 4 weeks before claiming the summit. :lakitu:

Not only the rolling effect is coming but the streams are also collapsing, what are you even talking about? :skull: 

It could have another peak with the movie release but I'm not sure how it's gonna maintain, especially if the callouts are bad

Edited by Squall

the navy would (and has done it before) drag anyone for such insane payola :redface:

and here I am fuming that her team is wasting all that payola on that awful song nnn they better push her lead just as hard

The rolling effect for LMU is gonna be crazy :redface: I wonder how long radio will keep playing it seeing how hard it's falling on streaming platforms

LMU debuting #2 would be sweet....it's a beautiful song. It will slip next week but hopefully rebounds the week after with the movie debut. 

Yes it's radio payola but I'm sure radio is also anxious to spin new Rihanna music....this is the first time (since she's released music) she hasn't had multiple songs fighting for airplay 

I was told Taylor couldn't keep a song in the top 10 for more than 1 week... I'm curious what those people have to say about the fact that she's predicted to keep 3 album tracks in the top 10 :gaycat4:

19 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

2 queens in the Top 2 :clap3: 

Yes. 

Top 3 for LMU. Love to see a song like that high. 

2 minutes ago, By the Water said:

The rolling effect for LMU is gonna be crazy :redface: I wonder how long radio will keep playing it seeing how hard it's falling on streaming platforms

Once the contracts are up, I'd guess 

11 minutes ago, Dreajae said:

But sis... These were actual lead singles for an era AND they had bigger streams and sales. They didn't decline like this "soundtrack" song. Its doing "well" on itunes but that is an obsolete platform by several accounts. This was discussed just 3 months ago with SFG and BMS. :hoetenks:

But thank God for the video. It would not have a chance at top 10 without it at this rate. 

It doesn’t matter. 

Radio add whatever songs they choose to their playlists, whether it’s through a deal or programmers choice, and spin/play from then onward. 

Rihanna is, quite literally, the biggest radio act in America of the BDS era, especially if we’re talking pure stats. 

It doesn’t surprise me that radio is responding well to her in the first week. Of course we’ll see how it holds with the rolling effect, and I’m sure it will hold strongly, but these numbers aren’t shocking at all. 

1 minute ago, By the Water said:

It won’t be any worst than Adele’s “Easy On Me’s” numbers.

She lost 17M with the rolling effect and climbed right back up again. 

She also debuted with 65M+ AI in the first week. 

The radio payola is too massive for LMU, you can’t deny it they definitely give the song a lead single treatment 

1 minute ago, wastedpotential said:

Once the contracts are up, I'd guess 

11 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

the navy would (and has done it before) drag anyone for such insane payola :redface:

and here I am fuming that her team is wasting all that payola on that awful song nnn they better push her lead just as hard

15 minutes ago, Taylena said:

:lmao:

AH being a multi #1 :clap3: 

Yeah, the airplay for LMU is very sketchy but I don't mind it, I love the song.

I rihmember Some Navy calling out Bey for Radio Payola, and now they are defending their fave who blatantly using Radio Payola :bibliahh:

more radio payola than easy on me

1 hour ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Songs that had a bigger first week on radio since 2015, in terms of audience impressions:

1) Hello - Adele 

2) Easy On Me - Adele 

3) Shape Of You - Ed Sheeran

4) I Don’t Care - Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber

:ahh:

Anyway…

The Queen of the Hot 100 is about to score another top two hit before the R9 lead drops. 

I’d be mad too. 

“rADio PayOLa1!1!1!1!1!1”

Those songs had massive streams though

8 minutes ago, AlexStexaul said:

more radio payola than easy on me

BB are now using Mediabase audience impressions which means radio will be weighed relatively heavier in the chart formula.

You can keep screaming “PAYOLA” all you want. It’s not going to make a difference at all, Baby.

7 minutes ago, Green said:

Those songs had massive streams though

Well, that’s good for those songs. I was simply making a point. 

Radio has nothing to do with sales/streams and operates on its own merit anyway. 

As per these predictions, “LMU” has the second biggest weekly sales in the chart and third biggest weekly streams in the chart too. 

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

It's very obvious who the fuming girls in this thread stan for :lmao: 

Of course the radios would RUN to play one of radio's biggest artists ever after a 6 year break.

But ofc you would call that demand payola, you don't know how it is for your fave to be in demand. :mandown:

3 minutes ago, Rider said:

It's very obvious who the fuming girls in this thread stan for :lmao: 

Of course the radios would RUN to play one of radio's biggest artists ever after a 6 year break.

But ofc you would call that demand payola, you don't know how it is for your fave to be in demand. :mandown:

The GAG is that Rihanna (the Queen of radio) has previously broken these records before. 

She already once had the most adds across several formats ie. Pop and Rhythmic with “We Found Love”. 

She already debuted with one of the largest, first-week, audience impressions in radio history with “Diamonds” and then “Work”, and all these songs were released at her peak and when she was releasing frequently.

Now, after five years, they’re back to screaming “payola”.

LET THEM FUME. 

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.