• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• simmnfierzig

• pride4jc1222

• Cloröx

I love how people are using the “Payola” narrative

The sales are great and streams are great cumulatively.

Also aren’t the chart points higher than most of the #1s this year?

It is really good to see women on top again!

Y'all talking about it's not organically a radio hit, baby this is KING Rih after a half decade hiatus. This the new STARTing point for her, get used to it cause it will keep growing into a behemoth. 

She doesn't need to beg radio, she kept radio as a whole fed and they've been starving for more cause no one else Can Deliver. Everybody dropping corny dance music, Rihanna said "When The Whole World's Turning Left It's When I'm Going RIGHT" and it's time to eat.

Edited by IsidoraMarí

2 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Amazing :clap3: 

must be the first OST single in a while to debut straight in top 5

One thing Rihanna will do is get a SMASH hit! :clap3:

Scream payola til the cows come home. It just shows you’re too young to understand how big Rihanna was on radio. This isn’t a surprise to us

4 minutes ago, Doogle said:

Scream payola til the cows come home. It just shows you’re too young to understand how big Rihanna was on radio. This isn’t a surprise to us

THANK YOU!

:lmao:

Mariah Carey was met with the same accusations. Unfortunately the woman was just a radio behemoth and radio was obsessed with her.

The same applies here. 

Just now, Doogle said:

Right

Funny thing is she's gonna debut at #3 on Streaming Songs, #2 on Digital Songs ...which means she would've also debuted at #2-#3 without radio. :rip:

She deserves to be over after dropping this boring song after so many years pushing music to the side for her greedy makeup company

Why are they wasting money for this boring ballad? 

Rih always debuts lower and ends up clutching at the end - amazing debut for her :clap3:

I personally think Rihanna deserves to smash with a better song. I have only listened to Lift Me Up once and am going to keep it that way. Also idk anyone who listens to radio. 

The Lord dominating the Top 10 for a second week :redface::clap3:

Queen Riri skyrocketing straight to the Top 2 spot :clap3:

SZA, I'm actually more impressed by her tbh, I didn't expect her to be this big :lakitu::clap3:

King Bey still inside the top 30 :clap3::redface:

The clowns in here :toofunny2: even if LMU doesn't make it to the top spot it doesn't matter because it isn’t Rih's lead single. We ALL know that she will STOMP and BREAK RECORDS when her lead comes out and the haters will FUME and will have to EAT their own WORDS! :redface:

4 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Amazing :clap3: 

must be the first OST single in a while to debut straight in top 5

IDWLF was better than this 

43 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

The clowns in here :toofunny2: even if LMU doesn't make it to the top spot it doesn't matter because it isn’t Rih's lead single. We ALL know that she will STOMP and BREAK RECORDS when her lead comes out and the haters will FUME and will have to EAT their own WORDS! :redface:

LMU receives a lead single treatment in fact radio pushes it even harder than Anti-Hero and it has movie hype. I'm screaming that Navys pretend that there's no radio payola when other pop girls get dragged to the filth despite less radio push :ahh:

RiRi omg :eek: Genuinely surprised!

If she’s using payola hopefully she’ll do some more and get the 15th #1!! 

But since she’s not using it, we will wait a little longer. 

Not bad for Rih, but I wish it was a better song. Tay is DOMINATING as usual!

A #2 debut is a lot more than I expected when I first heard the song so kudos to Rih and Tems.

And congrats to SZA and Taylor too.

3 hours ago, IsidoraMarí said:

Y'all talking about it's not organically a radio hit, baby this is KING Rih after a half decade hiatus. This the new STARTing point for her, get used to it cause it will keep growing into a behemoth. 

Using the comeback excuse when it’s convenient :toofunny3: why is KING Rih after a half decade hiatus tumbling down the streaming charts?

Looks like Winston still using Nielsen’s Airplay ratio for the prediction.

if Billboard using mediabase data for radio airplay, song with bigger airplay in mediabase will get more points on hot 100 :rip:

3 hours ago, foreverwinter13 said:

Why are they wasting money for this boring ballad? 

It has to be because they are pushing for that Oscar. That's the only reason I can think of. 

3 hours ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Right

Funny thing is she's gonna debut at #3 on Streaming Songs, #2 on Digital Songs ...which means she would've also debuted at #2-#3 without radio. :rip:

No it wouldnt have.

Without radio in the formula, yeah. Not with low radio against other songs. Older songs always have a bit lower sales and streaming after the radio build

But yeah #3 on streaming is impressive :celestial5: Guess YouTube and Pandora came through

41 minutes ago, TrieLz said:

Looks like Winston still using Nielsen’s Airplay ratio for the prediction.

if Billboard using mediabase data for radio airplay, song with bigger airplay in mediabase will get more points on hot 100 :rip:

Well the first 4 days of the week will be nielsen airplay 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.