Taylor Swift removes 'fatphobic' scene from music video; fat activists rejoice

Daydream

This feels like such a non-issue.  If you find something triggering, just turn it off. You can AVOID a music video if you want to. But also it means you need to find ways to deal with your triggers, the whole world can not adjust just because YOU got a problems. There are Millions of people walking this earth with mental health problems that can be triggered by certain things. Instead of crying on twitter or getting red angry on TikTok, maybe call a therapist instead

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daydream

• Communion

• Headlock

• awesomepossum

Overweight (white) people want to be oppressed so badly. :deadbanana:

Who are we to judge how a woman feels about her own body?

I don’t even like Taylor but Jesus y’all need to grow tf up, the problem is y’all gay men have this unhealthy obsession with how a female popstar should look and it’s really ******* weird.

to other people I’m classed as “hot” do I think that about myself? Do I fooooook, I go to the gym 6 days a week and eat strict meal plans because I want to look a certain way despite how miserable I am doing so, don’t get me started if I have a binge day 

basically just sit your arses down and enjoy the music Jesus. 

6 hours ago, Protocol said:

This is such bullshit, no medical condition forces you to shove food into your mouth. That is literally the ONLY thing that keeps people fat. Calories in calories out. Your body literally can only maintain its mass via food. Anything else is bullshit and excuses. And being fat is not "undesirable for some people", it's undesirable for your own BODY. The human body is not meant to be 400lbs period.

I can't believe I'm reading this in a thread about ED. You are DISGUTING. 

18 hours ago, cockatoo said:

She should just get over it and stop being a victim. If she looks in a mirror and sees a fat person she's clearly not very smart :deadbanana2:

That too.......

Edited by Klein

2 hours ago, gettsleazy said:

Overweight (white) people want to be oppressed so badly. :deadbanana:

This and then they get all social justicy about it. It’s insulting to people who are actually oppressed.

You can’t even express your own insecurities without offending someone these days omg :deadbanana4:

lmaoooo these people should be ignored, the way their brain wasn't used for these tweets :rip:

"There’s something so angering about a very thin woman posting this to likely reference her disordered eating. Idc if it was just TS’ ‘worst nightmares’ or her ‘intrusive thoughts’, it’s fatphobic and was at best deeply unnecessary to have in the ******* video."

That's why it's called a DISORDER and it's not normal (although very common, even for not diagnosed folk) for a thin woman to call herself fat :rip:As a person with an ED ongoing for almost 10-yrs now, I feel like these tweets are deeply ED-phobic, unnecessary to be posted :monkey:

14 hours ago, Protocol said:

This is such bullshit, no medical condition forces you to shove food into your mouth. That is literally the ONLY thing that keeps people fat. Calories in calories out. Your body literally can only maintain its mass via food. Anything else is bullshit and excuses, and NONE of it is Taylor's problem. And being fat is not "undesirable for some people", it's undesirable for your own BODY. The human body is not meant to be 400lbs period.

That’s literally not true. There are people who put on weight eating 1500 calories a day which is the bare minimum a human should eat. It happens gradually over time. 

Educate yourself PLEASE. Thyroid issues are legit and calories in and calories out goes out the window when your body can’t regulate itself.

I literally know someone who has gradually put on weight their entire lives, eats healthy, constantly diets and has actually lost parts of their hair and gone grey because they’re on such a restrictive diet trying to lose weight. Also incredibly low iron levels causing them to pass out.

If your body can’t regulate itself it will literally struggle to burn calories and will instead cause other health issues. 

And that’s just one issue. There’s quite a few others that go undetected. 

16 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

That’s literally not true. There are people who put on weight eating 1500 calories a day which is the bare minimum a human should eat. It happens gradually over time. 

Educate yourself PLEASE. Thyroid issues are legit and calories in and calories out goes out the window when your body can’t regulate itself.

I literally know someone who has gradually put on weight their entire lives, eats healthy, constantly diets and has actually lost parts of their hair and gone grey because they’re on such a restrictive diet trying to lose weight. Also incredibly low iron levels causing them to pass out.

If your body can’t regulate itself it will literally struggle to burn calories and will instead cause other health issues. 

And that’s just one issue. There’s quite a few others that go undetected. 

This isn't quite correct. Movement will burn the same amount of calories (proportional to weight and muscle mass) no matter what illness or condition a person has. The illness/condition may restrict movement in which case it could be linked to weight gain which is a fair point. But there's no such thing as the body not being able to 'regulate itself'. Movement will always burn calories. For an adult to gain weight at 1500 calories a day they'd have to be extremely petite and bed-bound as it takes 1200-1800 just for organs to function.

17 hours ago, Protocol said:

This is such bullshit, no medical condition forces you to shove food into your mouth. That is literally the ONLY thing that keeps people fat. Calories in calories out. Your body literally can only maintain its mass via food. Anything else is bullshit and excuses, and NONE of it is Taylor's problem. And being fat is not "undesirable for some people", it's undesirable for your own BODY. The human body is not meant to be 400lbs period.

The way every. single. one. of your science-related posts are absolute garbage jfc :deadbanana4: :deadbanana4:

2 hours ago, montyb said:

But there's no such thing as the body not being able to 'regulate itself'. 

Sis do you know what metabolic disorders are? :rip:

Not to mention diabetes, ESRD, thyroid disorders, liver failure, etc. Like the entire field of endocrinology is about correcting the body's inability to correctly "regulate" itself :deadbanana4:

Edited by Headlock

To be honest I'm more offended by The Great War, where she thought it was a good idea to take her drama with Scooter and compare it to an actual war where 30 million people died.

7 minutes ago, CandleGuy said:

To be honest I'm more offended by The Great War, where she thought it was a good idea to take her drama with Scooter and compare it to an actual war where 30 million people died.

The Great War is about a relationship I'm pretty sure, it sounds like she got jealous about a guy flirting with someone else ("That was the night I nearly lost you"). Not sure if that changes your feelings re: the war analogy, but it doesn't really make sense with the Scooter thing.

1 hour ago, Headlock said:

Sis do you know what metabolic disorders are? :rip:

Not to mention diabetes, ESRD, thyroid disorders, liver failure, etc. Like the entire field of endocrinology is about correcting the body's inability to correctly "regulate" itself :deadbanana4:

The way you put it was misleading. It's still a case of calories in, calories out even with these conditions. No condition makes the body need more or less calories for the same functions. The problem is that some health problems reduce the functions of the body - e.g. making people tired so they can't move as much - which means fewer calories are needed day to day. So someone with one of these conditions (untreated) needs fewer calories than someone of the same height, weight and muscle mass without, because they are expending less energy. Calories in, calories out.

7 minutes ago, montyb said:

The way you put it was misleading. It's still a case of calories in, calories out even with these conditions. No condition makes the body need more or less calories for the same functions. The problem is that some health problems reduce the functions of the body - e.g. making people tired so they can't move as much - which means fewer calories are needed day to day. So someone with one of these conditions (untreated) needs fewer calories than someone of the same height, weight and muscle mass without, because they are expending less energy. Calories in, calories out.

Calories are not sole contribution to "regulation" :deadbanana4: 

6 hours ago, montyb said:

This isn't quite correct. Movement will burn the same amount of calories (proportional to weight and muscle mass) no matter what illness or condition a person has. The illness/condition may restrict movement in which case it could be linked to weight gain which is a fair point. But there's no such thing as the body not being able to 'regulate itself'. Movement will always burn calories. For an adult to gain weight at 1500 calories a day they'd have to be extremely petite and bed-bound as it takes 1200-1800 just for organs to function.

You are correct. Those disorders do make it much harder for people to lose weight (or much easier to put on weight), but it's still possible if you put the work in. 

As someone with in recovery from an eating disorder she’s absolutely not fat shaming anyone. I don’t look at other people and ever judge them by their weight or assume people need to lose weight but for some reason my brain tells me I’m fat and unattractive all the time - which do not go hand in hand in reality. I thought it was pretty obvious what she was getting at in the video. 

I'm of the firm believer that it's good to have shame in life - it's what teaches us what's right from wrong.

15 hours ago, Tropical said:

I'm of the firm believer that it's good to have shame in life - it's what teaches us what's right from wrong.

You must have been taught a lot in life then :redface:

Point of anorexia is literally you see your body as fat even if you're not fat. Some of these activits are so dumb loool

On 10/24/2022 at 1:00 AM, Protocol said:

spacer.png

On 10/23/2022 at 7:15 PM, MissedTheTrain said:

Taylor has had an eating disorder, and an unhealthy relationship with her body.  She's had a warped perception of how her body is "supposed" to look.  That's literally all this scene is showing.  The scene is supposed to be showing that it's not an okay thing.

This.

--

I haven't seen the entire video with context but from the screenshot, it looks like the opposite of fatphobia if anything :toofunny3: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.