• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daydream

• Communion

• Headlock

• awesomepossum

HATE Taylor but grow the **** up. If you’re offended by that then secretely you’re ashamed of being fat. 

12 hours ago, awesomepossum said:

So if she looked in the mirror and it said she was 'black' as her worst nightmare, I guess that would be fine too? Or maybe if she woke up one day with dwarfism as her worst nightmare? Would that be fine with you?

What an idiotic thing to say 

gn5dNHsMU2kSGKGZi2Xv4Ao2foex8TYiL4-vYT_1

Listen little boy, let me tell you a few things while I have time on the toilet.

you can’t change being black or having dwarfism, because, umm…. You’re born like that. It’s frankly a stupid comparison and you’re grasping and the fact you thought you made some points is pitiful and laughable.

your weight ams being fat is something completely under your control, so how dare you and others try to manipulate people and try to move away BODY POSITIVITY from it’s true meaning

being positive of things you can’t change… you’re an amputee, suffered accident leaving you with scars, are a little person, too fuxking tall, whatever PHYSICAL disability, let’s not be ashamed about it 

but equating fat with that? Lumping fat with that? Get a grip and find something else to be a victim about and lose weight if you’re embarrassed or feeling attacked about being fat

On 10/22/2022 at 7:07 AM, Jynx said:

Isn't Taylor talking about her own body image. Why are the fats getting mad and making it about themselves? :doc:

Because these internet warriors believe that everyone and everything must revolve around their personal preferences and sensitivities. Instead of going out and creating their own thing, they want to live out their lives on the internet and throw **** on the work of strangers because it doesn't cater exactly to them. 

3 hours ago, MermaidPrincess said:

What an idiotic thing to say 

gn5dNHsMU2kSGKGZi2Xv4Ao2foex8TYiL4-vYT_1

Listen little boy, let me tell you a few things while I have time on the toilet.

you can’t change being black or having dwarfism, because, umm…. You’re born like that. It’s frankly a stupid comparison and you’re grasping and the fact you thought you made some points is pitiful and laughable.

your weight ams being fat is something completely under your control, so how dare you and others try to manipulate people and try to move away BODY POSITIVITY from it’s true meaning

being positive of things you can’t change… you’re an amputee, suffered accident leaving you with scars, are a little person, too fuxking tall, whatever PHYSICAL disability, let’s not be ashamed about it 

but equating fat with that? Lumping fat with that? Get a grip and find something else to be a victim about and lose weight if you’re embarrassed or feeling attacked about being fat

Lol I already explained why the comparison is apt. Yes a fat person can lose weight, and an anorexic person can gain weight. Both would be healthier if they did. That has no bearing on the fact that it’s mean to say to someone that you would consider it a nightmare scenario if you looked like them. So yes. It is comparable to any other aspect of appearance. Thanks for insulting me at the end to prove my point that this is mean-spirited. I actually don’t think Taylor meant anything by it, but clearly you do.

4 hours ago, Kamil24 said:

Being obese is a legitimate worst nightmare (the increased risk of heart attack or stroke alone is terrifying). The other things you are born as and are not nightmares.

Yes there are negative health effects, but that isn’t what body image issues are about. It is about appearance and you know it. You can still be unhealthy, sedentary, develop diabetes, heart disease, liver failure etc while being thin. The nightmare scenario wasn’t the doctor saying you had diabetes (legitimately concerning), regardless of whether you were fat or not, it was you being fat. Not you having a high blood sugar reading. Stop.

4 hours ago, Kamil24 said:

Yes, because they should do something, i.e., seek help for their disorder. Anorexia is dangerous, just like being fat is.

Well it’s widely understood that telling an anorexic person to “gain weight” is triggering and unhelpful because it doesn’t address the actual cause of their anorexia but actually reaffirms the undue importance they place on the shape and size of their body by judging them for it. So that’s just some advice from me to you about how not to help someone with anorexia. If you sincerely want to help someone with an eating disorder, telling them to “gain weight” or “lose weight” is known to make things worse if anything. 

9 hours ago, FailSafe said:

Not everyone wants to be fat. So Fatties need to sit this one out.

14963054ff1e6fc1df557f712ff4c8de.gif

May be best to run instead of sit

14963054ff1e6fc1df557f712ff4c8de.gif

On 10/22/2022 at 5:57 AM, SlowGinFizzzz said:

It's like these people are actively looking for ways to feel offended and victimised each and every day. 

That's how communist Americans operate, they want everything to be catered to their standards and likings. That's why the entertainment industry's going to hell quality wise. 

7 hours ago, cockatoo said:

She should just get over it and stop being a victim. If she looks in a mirror and sees a fat person she's clearly not very smart :deadbanana2:

Yuck.

i don't know how her team didn't see this coming, i think a kindergartener could

if you put a thin, attractive woman on a scale and it says "FAT", of course her fat fans are going to feel like humongous people when they see that imagery. And I think a member of her team should have considered that Taylor does have fat fans.

and of course, Taylor is just saying in the MV, "Well, I think I look fat." Logically, what follows is that she sees people who are bigger than her as hambeasts, or, that if she looked like one of her fat fans, she would feel mega fat

y'all are gaslighting the fat TS fans

17 hours ago, awesomepossum said:

So if she looked in the mirror and it said she was 'black' as her worst nightmare, I guess that would be fine too? Or maybe if she woke up one day with dwarfism as her worst nightmare? Would that be fine with you?

The fact that you shared this publicly and thought you made some mic-drop point :rip:  Far more offensive than anything in that music video.

I get why people are upset. Being fat is undesirable for a lot of people BUT people do suffer from health issues where it’s almost impossible to lose weight. Thyroid issues in both men and women can be a huge cause and are on the rise. 

People don’t need to be reminded that “fat” is undesirable all the time. 

Instead, she could have have put “Lose More” or “Not Thin Enough” to showcase an Eating Disorder while not seeing the word “fat” and being disgusted by it. 

I understand people are sensitive and I get it. But the if Taylor doesn’t want controversy, she’s better of doing this. 

As someone who has suffered from disordered eating and, at 115 lbs, referred to myself as fat, it makes perfect sense why Taylor would portray that. 

Like do these people not realizing their visceral reaction to this moment in the video is the intended reaction?

i can tell by looking at their quarter inch twitter picture circles that each and every one of these b*tches is man-less, annoying, ugly, fat, stupid, corny, cheesy, bitter, jealous, mad, fat, ugly, annoying, fat, stupid and also fat

2 hours ago, applestar said:

i don't know how her team didn't see this coming, i think a kindergartener could

if you put a thin, attractive woman on a scale and it says "FAT", of course her fat fans are going to feel like humongous people when they see that imagery. And I think a member of her team should have considered that Taylor does have fat fans.

and of course, Taylor is just saying in the MV, "Well, I think I look fat." Logically, what follows is that she sees people who are bigger than her as hambeasts, or, that if she looked like one of her fat fans, she would feel mega fat

y'all are gaslighting the fat TS fans

This is such bullshit, she is an artist and can express herself however she likes. Fat fans need to hit the treadmill and put down the donuts period. It's not her problem.

1 hour ago, gloamingtheplain said:

I get why people are upset. Being fat is undesirable for a lot of people BUT people do suffer from health issues where it’s almost impossible to lose weight. Thyroid issues in both men and women can be a huge cause and are on the rise. 

People don’t need to be reminded that “fat” is undesirable all the time. 

Instead, she could have have put “Lose More” or “Not Thin Enough” to showcase an Eating Disorder while not seeing the word “fat” and being disgusted by it. 

I understand people are sensitive and I get it. But the if Taylor doesn’t want controversy, she’s better of doing this. 

This is such bullshit, no medical condition forces you to shove food into your mouth. That is literally the ONLY thing that keeps people fat. Calories in calories out. Your body literally can only maintain its mass via food. Anything else is bullshit and excuses, and NONE of it is Taylor's problem. And being fat is not "undesirable for some people", it's undesirable for your own BODY. The human body is not meant to be 400lbs period.

• ATRL Moderator
20 hours ago, awesomepossum said:

This is a really weird and irrelevant take. :rip:  Considering Taylor has never struggling with those random comparisons you're making...they make no sense.

Taylor has had an eating disorder, and an unhealthy relationship with her body.  She's had a warped perception of how her body is "supposed" to look.  That's literally all this scene is showing.  The scene is supposed to be showing that it's not an okay thing.

• ATRL Moderator
11 hours ago, cockatoo said:

She should just get over it and stop being a victim. If she looks in a mirror and sees a fat person she's clearly not very smart :deadbanana2:

Wow, I can't believe you just found the cure for eating disorders!

44 minutes ago, Protocol said:

That is literally the ONLY thing that keeps people fat. Calories in calories out. 

Imagine typing this in a thread about eating disorders and still thinking you're doing something to help Taylor instead of realizing you're letting your revulsion to fatness essentialize weight as important aka what fuels and triggers disordered eating in the first place. :skull:

90% of the posts in this thread if given as advice would just lead to people killing their loved ones with anorexia or bulimia, something that anyone can fall into practicing regardless of size.

Edited by Communion

18 hours ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

Thank you for verbalizing this

:hug:

I'm just genuinely losing my mind at half the posts really just being forms of lashing out at fat people in a way that revels in anti-fatness to the point of rhetoric that ironically encourages eating disorders. :deadbanana4:

Like this:

I hosted parties and starved my body
Like I'd be saved by a perfect kiss

-is someone singing about not a ~rational fear about being unhealthy~ (:biblio:) but a fear of being worthless because we live in a society that determines people's value by the size of their body, especially women's.

There's no way to fat-shame those who allegedly "deserve it" but not fat-shame people who "don't deserve it" or whatever half of the people in here are saying to rationalize how their fat-shaming somehow works in defense of someone recovering from an eating disorder. :deadbanana4:

There's no way to promote the idea that fatness is disgusting and revolting and lowers a person's value yet have it not fuel the very same kind of eating disorders in people who "shouldn't" feel fat. 

On 10/22/2022 at 4:07 AM, Jynx said:

Isn't Taylor talking about her own body image. Why are the fats getting mad and making it about themselves? :doc:

This is what I was gonna say. This is Taylor's art and music that explains her own story and journey. She's not out here saying fat ppl are worthless slugs. She simply has fear around being overweight and struggling with body image. The end. 

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.