Kim Petras - "If Jesus Was a Rockstar"

Alfred

I think it'd be a cute album track but as a lead single? Is this girl brain dead? Every song on Problématique (minus the bonus tracks) washes this crap

Edited by GardenPanty

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• Alfred

• Nefertiti0

• OmegaRidley

3 hours ago, Alfred said:

Imagine we got All She Wants instead. That song has way more viral potential.

Republic should open their wallet and make it as a song from the Barbie movie soundtrack :eli:

---

In other news she's on the studio today. Seems like she's recording an acoustic song.

The guy who's playing on her side is a rock artist :psyduck:

Edited by Lady Claire

It's alright idk about lead single worthy but I hope it finds success on the charts

It sounds cute live, better than I expected. But I still can't figure out why they're releasing this, especially at this moment in her career.

16 hours ago, mlaredoperez said:

Do y'all know who she needs? Tove lo. 

She needs to have sessions with her , it matches her vibe.

Just imagine that :jonnycat:

I don't know why has not happened yet, she's been obsessed with Tove Lo's last single

16 hours ago, mlaredoperez said:

Dear God, let this happen.

If she's going to have a more organic era she should give this jam a try :'(

One of her best unreleased songs

On 10/9/2022 at 6:09 PM, mlaredoperez said:

kim & tove would be a collapse :jonny5:

Kim x Bonnie McKee would SLAP!

Anyway, Jesus is a bop but yeah, will it be rocketing up the charts? Sadly I think not, but I also think she's got her name out there, it's not all quite so urgent. She has time and the opportunity to release a few things.

Living like a party every day, and diving off the stage

If he give it to a popstar, than I, I wanna be just like him

If Jesus was a rockstar, throwing daddy's money all around

While he was getting down, so they kicked him out of the bar, than I!!

princess-daisy-mario.thumb.gif.181b99d7a 

from Dork interview
FfGmwNlWIAA7sR8?format=jpg&name=large

Kim on new album
- "It's the one where I just control absolutely everything about it."
- "This era isn't about chart success. For me, it's about what I'm about as an artist."
- "The entirety of my discography over the last few years is more important to me than a single hit song. I'm extremely proud, because every project introduces something new. There's so much joy in experimenting with different voices and styles."

- Kim "really trying to talk about genuine feelings. There are moments that are very uptempo and very fun, but there's no elaborate character. It's basically my diary. Every song is its own little world, with its own story, and there's no overall concept."

- "If I had to judge this album, I would say it's pretty f**king good. I've grown as a storyteller, a songwriter and a singer. I sound better than ever, and I've been more involved in everything." 
- She describes her new album as crazy but isn't going art-pop like Bjork or full metal. 

- when Problématique leaked she was working on the record that's due to come out, with Problématique as the quick follow-up. She doesn't know if Problématique will be released but she still loves it.

2 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Kim on new album
- "This era isn't about chart success. For me, it's about what I'm about as an artist."
- "The entirety of my discography over the last few years is more important to me than a single hit song. I'm extremely proud, because every project introduces something new. There's so much joy in experimenting with different voices and styles."

- Kim "really trying to talk about genuine feelings. There are moments that are very uptempo and very fun, but there's no elaborate character. It's basically my diary. Every song is its own little world, with its own story, and there's no overall concept."

- "If I had to judge this album, I would say it's pretty f**king good. I've grown as a storyteller, a songwriter and a singer. I sound better than ever, and I've been more involved in everything." 
- She describes her new album as crazy but isn't going art-pop like Bjork or full metal. 

- when Problématique leaked she was working on the record that's due to come out, with Problématique as the quick follow-up. She doesn't know if Problématique will be released but she still loves it.

Girl :eli::grump:

8 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

from Dork interview

Kim on new album

Fanfic the last part 

Song sounds meh sonically but cute lyrics I guess. Serving 2017 though. 

is she still planning to release All She Wants? 

She claims that this era “isn’t about chart success” but is begging people to make TikToks to this song? :skull:

Sorry Kim but this is dead on arrival, all of the TikTok videos are flopping and it’s more than clear that this won’t be the song that pushes you into the mainstream. 

Her label is so dumb, they should’ve rushed Problématique after it leaked and it would’ve done better than whatever this era is

Woah now wait. I just listened to the live full version and omg I love it. I hated the snippet but I totally see what she’s going for. It gives me Rihanna “Cheers” vibes. I can see this smashing with proper pushing :jonny6:

15 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

another nonsensical statement about her ‘debut album’

It sounds generic enough for radio.. I guess that's what the label are thinking? I echo what everyone else said in here though. It's an odd choice to go with now that she has some hype with "Unholy". Like.. "All She Wants" & "Revelations" are right there..

1 hour ago, Saint James said:

another nonsensical statement about her ‘debut album’

this part is not from the article. a fan made all those bullet points up

19 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

from Dork interview

Ok the explanation for the song is really cute ngl. The way she talked about previous albums vs this song lyrically :'( 

but girl, I still don’t think this sound works for you 

4 hours ago, Alfred said:

this part is not from the article. a fan made all those bullet points up

it's from the article:
kd.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.