Kim Petras - "If Jesus Was a Rockstar"

Alfred

On 9/15/2022 at 4:03 AM, mlaredoperez said:

Have you heard the full thing?

Is it slow? or does it pick up? Please could you describe? :biblionny:

I guess it picks up if you can even call it that. She really wasted Max Martin on this **** :rip: 

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• Alfred

• Nefertiti0

• OmegaRidley

Vaughn Oliver (producer of TOTL, Problématique, Icy, Sweet Spot, Do Me, Personal Hell, etc.) went on Twitch last night and said that he hasn’t worked with Kim in a long time. He talked about Problématique and said how he hopes it sees the light of day because him and Aaron put a lot of work into it. He was basically like “oh well leaks happen when you have a high interest project and it’s just sitting in a vault”

I hate to say it but Kim is nothing without Vaughn/Aaron/Luke. The new material she’s making without them is not good (ie. JWAR) and whatever project she puts out is going to be a major step down from Problématique and her earlier material. 

IDK, the song sounds very promising from the snippet, I like it. I am just mad she takes such a long time to release it. Just give it to us already no need to wait too long or tease things 3 months before release!

24 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

Vaughn Oliver (producer of TOTL, Problématique, Icy, Sweet Spot, Do Me, Personal Hell, etc.) went on Twitch last night and said that he hasn’t worked with Kim in a long time. He talked about Problématique and said how he hopes it sees the light of day because him and Aaron put a lot of work into it. He was basically like “oh well leaks happen when you have a high interest project and it’s just sitting in a vault”

I hate to say it but Kim is nothing without Vaughn/Aaron/Luke. The new material she’s making without them is not good (ie. JWAR) and whatever project she puts out is going to be a major step down from Problématique and her earlier material. 

THIS

Vaughn/Aaron/Luke is her secret sauce to pop perfection 

this new song sounds like a HUGE misfire and even if it picks up, those 20 seconds are already so bland it will be a HUGE task to build a memorable song off the elements we have heard so far

On 9/14/2022 at 3:18 PM, BonniemcChicken said:

i don't think it sounds bad. but what is the difference between this and any of the songs that leaked? why is her label okay with this song but not any of the other 16? confused.

EXACTLY

this is literally a step down from every single leaked song? it makes NO sense 

37 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

The new material she’s making without them is not good (ie. JWAR) and whatever project she puts out is going to be a major step down from Problématique and her earlier material.

Problematique wasn't even that good though. And they had to keep adding / removing songs to try and make it semi decent (Coconuts, Keep It, TMLAS, Throat Goat). 

I enjoyed a handful of songs that I wish were released (HIFTB in particular), but they're not legendary pop songs. She'll definitely be able to recreate the standard of Problematique with this new project.

3 minutes ago, Boysdontcry said:

Problematique wasn't even that good though. And they had to keep adding / removing songs to try and make it semi decent (Coconuts, Keep It, TMLAS, Throat Goat). 

I enjoyed a handful of songs that I wish were released (HIFTB in particular), but they're not legendary pop songs. She'll definitely be able to recreate the standard of Problematique with this new project.

We dont know that girl….

Kim’s music was always so good cause of Luke/Vaughn/Aaron…

Them all leaving will affect her music and it seems like it’s not going to be for the best :skull:

I hope she’ll manage to chart with this watered down music :deadbanana: 

A watered down album was totally expected ngl. Republic is putting some money on it as she's working with more producers and they want it to chart.

It's not like Kim's music was groundbreaking before or anything but i'm expecting more H&M music just like the Dated & Demos album by Ava. And i don't mind really... i love me some generic basic bops anyways.

And seems like JWAR seems like Problématique 2.0 huh? A controversial title for a safe song. I like that it sounds like a change of pace for her. We'll see the rollout

7776746C-8DB5-4E39-9A85-7F00444AFC99.thu

not another song with controversial title but people are still gonna pay it dust :skull:

Is it really controversial? When she calls him a rockstar, it's a form of endearment, not an insult. Only extremely uptight people would be upset by this.

She's currently in Stockholm, probably recording more music with Max's team (she posted a studio pic there)

I hope they're cooking some bangers

2 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

Is it really controversial? When she calls him a rockstar, it's a form of endearment, not an insult. Only extremely uptight people would be upset by this.

I wouldn't say is that controversial but people may think it's eDgY or something when it's just another safe song

7 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

A watered down album was totally expected ngl. Republic is putting some money on it as she's working with more producers and they want it to chart.

It's not like Kim's music was groundbreaking before or anything but i'm expecting more H&M music just like the Dated & Demos album by Ava. And i don't mind really... i love me some generic basic bops anyways.

And seems like JWAR seems like Problématique 2.0 huh? A controversial title for a safe song. I like that it sounds like a change of pace for her. We'll see the rollout

I fully agree with this take. Queen of making sense. 

Let’s just wait and see how the rollout is. Ppl dragged kim to hell and back for not only Slvt Pop but even Coconuts. Ofc the label wants to have her put out safer more boring stuff. This is the GP we’re talking about after all. 

Also am I the only one pumped about JWAR being a chill acoustic pop song? Like I love that kinda stuff, and kim can clearly pull off any genre so I know I’ll be pleased with the track 

38 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Ppl dragged kim to hell and back for not only Slvt Pop but even Coconuts. Ofc the label wants to have her put out safer more boring stuff. This is the GP we’re talking about after all. 

That's exactly the problem. Coconuts was blatant TikTok bait and Slvt Pop was a low effort gift for the fans. The sound that really helped Kim gain traction was songs like Sweet Spot, Do Me, Icy, Era 1, etc. and since she's continuing to deviate from that she's starting to lose her core fanbase.

I don’t mind her/her label chasing after a hit, they NEED to do that at this (low) point in her career. I actually hope they’ll invest in more than simply giving her a famous producer to cook a formulaic pop song, she needs a good video, a good image, a proper radio push, playlisting etc.

I’m not a fan at how this song seems to be, but it’s needed and I accept it. Either way, the possible outcomes are going to be good for her: she can have a hit or the label will drop her. With the upcoming Sam collab tho, it’s quite clear already that she’s going to make more noise (charts-wise) than she has ever done before. And hopefully she’ll record better material, even though I’m quite, as others have already stated, that the magic she made with that team in the past is probably never going to be replicated.

17 hours ago, Alfred said:

Also am I the only one pumped about JWAR being a chill acoustic pop song? Like I love that kinda stuff, and kim can clearly pull off any genre so I know I’ll be pleased with the track 

Me too! I love her acoustic performances so something more mellow with her vocals at front and center sounds so good :jonny:

There will certainly be some oontz oontz bops for the gays on the album but I love how she’s always doing something different each era, this single will be no different

43 minutes ago, goldstargay said:

Will this be her What if God Was One of Us?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGDjGIKpw1NoyY7FEgMoS

wendy-williams-no.gif 

she said on twitter this was delayed a tad but i honestly think it’s for the best as she seems to as well…they definitely should focus unholy then give this a massive push as soon as unholy has ran its course 

1 hour ago, Kim Petrat said:

she said on twitter this was delayed a tad but i honestly think it’s for the best as she seems to as well…they definitely should focus unholy then give this a massive push as soon as unholy has ran its course 

Makes sense. When the day 1 unholy numbers came out, I was thinking that they should delay this. It would be a bad move to release it while Unholy is smashing and distract people from it. And also, it's a tricky situation because this is such a different sound from Unholy, they really would be smarter to release something else, but that may not be an option. We know how Max Martin is, often he gives you a song only if you sign a contract stating that that song will be a single. So it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

J9jhP70.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.