Kim Petras - "If Jesus Was a Rockstar"

Alfred

6 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Unholy is Sam’s song though. Probably won’t be on a full length album of Kim’s so I don’t see why she can’t (or shouldn’t) take advantage of the song’s hype by putting out more solo singles.

exactly they need to seize the moment :loki:

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• Alfred

• Nefertiti0

• OmegaRidley

4 minutes ago, BANKS said:

exactly they need to seize the moment :loki:

Like, I think this’ll be out before the new year and prolonged pre-save periods are the norm now for some major label acts. But it’ll be a shame if we don’t get a lot more music in Q1 2023.

Kim isn’t gonna have a big first week. They need to recognize and accept her for the artist she is. She’s got a #1 right now, which no one ever thought would happen. But it’s not a solo song and it likely won’t happen again. They need to capitalize on this and get new music of her own out so when people go to stream her catalogue, they’re streaming the new material and not just the stuff from years ago.

Like realistically what are they waiting for? It’s not like she’s big enough to risk overexposure. The songs won’t compete with one another. That logic makes absolutely no sense. JIARS isn’t gonna come and bump Unholy out of the #1 place or take away its streams, that’s not how music consumption works. :dies:

They want her to be this massive pop star and this is the closest she’s been to that and she’s not cut out to be massive. No shade. She’s more of a Charli xcx, cult-like act and so they need to treat her as such and just let her put out music at a very high volume whenever she wants and see what sticks.

On 10/21/2022 at 5:22 AM, FireBurns said:

Wasn't it said already it's coming on the 28th? :rip: Lord.

fans made this date up bc originally BHQ/Kim said Sept/Oct would be the time frame for both Unholy & JWAR. it was never confirmed tho by Kim. all we have is a lone pre-save link with no date attached to it.

9 minutes ago, BANKS said:

i’m afraid Republic is sabotaging her rn… there’s no reason this song shouldn’t be released ASAP.

she’s currently Spotify’s 40th most listened to artist in the world, with over 42 million monthly listeners. this is her moment to ride the wave and roll out as much as she can while she has the hype. 

The last year and a half has been Republic sabotaging Kim. Not one good decision has been made by the label.

She has fans running her career. Republic can't afford professionals. Now she doesn't even have Luke or Aaron to give us quality bops and Max gave her a watered down scrap about religion and being trans, blah blah. The label has actively defiled her and broken her down time and time again. First by scrapping Problematique and now making her do basic music. They want her ready for GP success when what she needs is to capitalize off what made her successful in the first place. Just elevate it, fund it, and come up with release/promo strategies that aren't thought up by imbeciles. Bring back monthly single releases. 

Unholy smashing the way it has shows you what a competent team with resources can do to promote a song once it's gained traction and popularity on TikTok. (Yes, it's Sam Smith who's better positioned to get a hit based on track record, name, past success, followers, etc) Coconuts got TikTok buzz this time a year ago and what did Republic do? "Rush" released it a month before the original date which was planned two months after the pre-save went up. A joke. Then they threw $500 at her to buy Party City leotards and dried up mismatched blonde wigs to put out a low budget "dance video" as the main visual, a month after the song dropped. A joke again.

All in all, Republic has committed two major infractions: 1) made all the wrong decisions and 2) placed unreasonable expectations on Kim to magically smash by the hands of TikTok only. It's sad AF and Kim stans are deflated. After the high of Unholy passes, we'll be back in a grim place when Kim is inevitably put back in limbo after Jesus flops. 

7 hours ago, Alfred said:

Coconuts got TikTok buzz this time a year ago and what did Republic do? "Rush" released it a month before the original date which was planned two months after the pre-save went up. A joke. Then they threw $500 at her to buy Party City leotards and dried up mismatched blonde wigs to put out a low budget "dance video" as the main visual, a month after the song dropped. A joke again.

Ugh I'm still fuming about the "Coconuts" roll out. Literally a bop, performed with a massive EMA performance, actually went moderately viral in TikTok and then CRICKETS for months while it completely died down, released months late to absolute no fanfare, followed up by a flop (but adorable fan service) video. Like literally what. the. fxck. was Republic thinking? It had a moment when it needed to be RUSH released and they fumbled massively.

Now with "Unholy" smashing and, as you say Kim most likely not going to be at the top of the charts again again, purely because her music isn't GP bops, they're gay club bangers and proudly so. Kim sings about money, sex and heartbreak and that's why we love her. 

Anyway... This JIAR rollout is driving me absolutely bonkers. WHO do I @ at Republic???

Yeah lmao this isn't coming anytime soon...

We're going to have to feed on leaks for another year I guess

This situation reminds me of Camila's Romance lead singles. Obviously Senorita had come out in June & instantly smashed, the lead singles were meant for an early August release but got pushed back a month to put some space between them & Senorita. But Senorita completely overshadowed them & the entire project anyway.

Kim is kind of in a similar predicament with Jesus & Unholy. However, we know Jesus will most likely not have any chart success. So it leaves me with the question of why not just put it out. Yes, Kim's monthly listeners have skyrocketed, but the streams of her own music have not seen any increase. So it's not like she has a huge GP audience behind her own music now & timing is crucial. Just release it, next Friday would've been perfect in my opinion.

I heard a 11 secs snippet and it sounds amazing lol way better than the live version

release it now queen

Edited by Tistotal

10 hours ago, shinri said:

So is it coming this Friday or not? I'm confused :dancehall2:

I don't think so 

She's in limbo again

They need to let her go tbh nobody is winning from this situation

So she literally went #1 and they still didn't give her a release date?

tumblr_od17i1mhCS1s201yqo1_400.gif

1 hour ago, AbeHicks said:

So she literally went #1 and they still didn't give her a release date?

tumblr_od17i1mhCS1s201yqo1_400.gif

It’s coming november 11th 

8 minutes ago, OmegaRidley said:

It’s coming november 11th 

Whyyyy so long

On 10/27/2022 at 11:28 AM, OmegaRidley said:

I don't think so 

She's in limbo again

They need to let her go tbh nobody is winning from this situation

And whyyyy 

This girl’s career is killing me :jonny:

Kim Petras - If Jesus Was A Rockstar / 2022.11.11 / 2:50
Max Martin, Omer Fedi, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Kim Petras, Savan Kotecha, Peter Svensson

40 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

Kim Petras - If Jesus Was A Rockstar / 2022.11.11 / 2:50
Max Martin, Omer Fedi, Ilya Salmanzadeh, Kim Petras, Savan Kotecha, Peter Svensson

The credits :jonny:

I'm positive that she's performing at least on one of the AMAs or EMAs. The release date is the same week as the EMAs.

Nov 11? Like is her team dumb? It's gonna be Christmas and then the song is gonna flop

41 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Nov 11? Like is her team dumb? It's gonna be Christmas and then the song is gonna flop

It's gonna flop regardless let's be real

2 hours ago, OmegaRidley said:

Not her releasing the same day as my birthday :chick1:

Lmao and 5 days before mine, I am kind of pleased with this tbh

2 hours ago, Delirious said:

This... they didn't learn a thing from Unholy's release...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.