• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

5 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:

Despite having Blank Space, Clean, You Are in Love and New Romantics (4/16), I would argue 1989 is lyrically her worst album - it's so bland. Unsure if popularity, nostalgia, and/or young age has clouded some people's judgement, but it's not groundbreaking and definitely not in her top tier albums; that's saved for folklore, evermore, Speak Now, and Red.

Because it is :redface:

8 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:

Despite having Blank Space, Clean, You Are in Love and New Romantics (4/16), I would argue 1989 is lyrically her worst album - it's so bland. Unsure if popularity, nostalgia, and/or young age has clouded some people's judgement, but it's not groundbreaking and definitely not in her top tier albums; that's saved for folklore, evermore, Speak Now, and Red.

Spill :clap3: 

17 minutes ago, PopA911 said:

Wellp if ATW can’t get SOTY I think that’s it, the greatest mainstream songwriter of our generation will never get it. :gaycat6: 

That tweet is a lie (not shocked). The full list is out and Best Music Video and Best Country Song are both in the pre-show.

1 minute ago, Holiest Dreams said:

That tweet is a lie (not shocked). The full list is out and Best Music Video and Best Country Song are both in the pre-show.

Well, let's hope she wins BMV, I'd be a lot more confident then. Kinda want IBYTAM to win as well but let's not get greedy

18 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:

Anytime someone gets it that these 4 are in a league of their own, I know the world is healing a little. :clap3:

But don't forget the masterpiece that is Wildest Dreams in the process. :redface:

9 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:

Wildest Dreams' lyrics aren't great. Melody, vocals, and production is what saves it 

Maybe the verses aren’t anything special lyrically but the chorus is perfect pop writing and the bridge is lyrically good too, both in a pop and non-pop sense. Kinda still one of her best bridges.

I wish she’d explored the dreampop sound more on Midnights a bit. 

40 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:

Yup!

1 hour ago, Steve Johnson said:

Ik. But Blank Space is still better than all of them. 1989 is the better album, SN lacks that timeless/ evergreen factor that 1989 or folklore have. 

:)

“He’s so tall and handsome as hell” is just the same as “look at your face” but with no quirk or personality. :skull:

1989’s lyricism shines in its precision. The songs are cohesive, effective pop tracks with little time or energy wasted where it wouldn’t improve the piece, even in the words. I find it much more resilient to passing time than Lover or Reputation have been - and while I still think Midnights is her best pop album, I can’t honestly say that I’m certain it will age as well as 1989. I can actually go back to that album and just sink into it and feel something.

1989's lyricism is great, it's just great in a different way than a Speak Now or an evermore. Her versatility as a songwriter is overlooked here because people are so busy focusing on how x is better than y while not realizing there's room for both to shine in different ways.

littlebodybigheart

swifities needing every song to be written like a 17th century book is wild :rip: like it’s okay to just write a very cut and dry pop song with great melodies instead.

5 minutes ago, littlebodybigheart said:

swifities needing every song to be written like a 17th century book is wild :rip: like it’s okay to just write a very cut and dry pop song with great melodies instead.

none of her songs sound like 17th century books

Why would she attend if she knows so well that she’s going home empty-handed?

I’m sure SHE knows she’s getting at least ONE!

her relationship with the Grammys is so weird. She's no grammy darling at all, yet every couple of years her presence and artistry is so undeniable they cant help but give her AOTY. But she's been completely ignored in genre categories... Her last non-AOTY Grammy was in 2016...

21 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

I think Martin tried to sue her for songwriting credits. They never talked again.

That is so sad if it's true. If This Was a Movie and Two is Better Than One are really good songs.

8 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

her relationship with the Grammys is so weird. She's no grammy darling at all, yet every couple of years her presence and artistry is so undeniable they cant help but give her AOTY. But she's been completely ignored in genre categories... Her last non-AOTY Grammy was in 2016...

Her presence has nothing to do with her AOTY. Wtf.

1 minute ago, mael said:

Oh. We know where Her mind is at for the next decade.

5Z4WFPt.gif

3 emojis :gaycat3:

6 minutes ago, mael said:

Oh. We know where Her mind is at for the next decade.

5Z4WFPt.gif

She will get that. Taylor hunny, you better write song for BOND movie.