• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

the video is great :clap3:

I like the video. She should try to improve the scene transitions in her future videos, tho. Especially in ones where the beat is somewhat faster :katie2:

1 hour ago, mael said:

Is it true that LH was suppose to be the lead for Midnights? I can see that given Her not so subtle easter eggs for the other songs. 

xKLpno2.gif

I thought so too. Maybe it was supposed to be the lead single, so Easter eggs were for song titles 

This album hit so hard out of the gate + Anti Hero 8 weeks at #1 but then just..died. So frustrating. Hopefully the video kicks LH into high gear and radio turns around. Deserves to be huge. 

1 hour ago, Taylor fanboy said:

The video is very Directed By Taylor Swift.

I hope she IMPROVES, like get in a directing masterclass or something.

The movie critics are going to break her if she doesn't improve because they can be vicious and they won't be scared of her or her fanbase.

We’re going to be getting the same “she’s the worst director of all time” meltdowns every time she releases a music video from here on out, huh? :rip: 

She is not going to stop directing her videos and she’s doing more than fine. I would agree she needs to bring her all for her movie, and I’m not saying she doesn’t still have a lot to learn or improve on. But these are just music videos, and she’s not going for a big cinema-style video this era either. There’s just nothing glaringly wrong to any average person about these videos and her skill level is more than fine for the style she’s going for. And lbr y’all would not say one single thing about the direction if someone else’s name was slapped on it instead of hers. 

Little pointlesss therory: I wonder if the MV that was originally planned for the release week was for Lavender Haze, instead of Bejeweled, and they released Bejeweled's to secure the full top 10 on the H100. Because I feel like releasing Bejeweled now, with all the easter eggs for Speak Now TV would make more sense with the rumoured release of SN TV before the tour. 

Also I don't think the "out of the 3 that have been released" is innocent. Maybe that's just me clowning, but I really feel like the Midnights era is not over. I wonder how they intend on doing that though, like will they continue promoting Midnights with new videos after the release of the next TV, or is everyone clowning once more and Speak Now TV is not coming soon? 

Edited by Klein

1 hour ago, FAN said:

This album hit so hard out of the gate + Anti Hero 8 weeks at #1 but then just..died. So frustrating. Hopefully the video kicks LH into high gear and radio turns around. Deserves to be huge. 

15M daily streams more than 3 months after its release. I don't know what do you want the album to do. Maybe it could do your tax returns.

about have reach 2M views in 5 hours :jonny5: a smash

I’m afraid it’s too late for this song. Can’t blame them: they wanted to maximalize AH’s Hot 100 performance. 

Has anyone else noticed that the arrow thingy becomes purple for a split second?

90rZvzB.jpg

QqYtIZv.jpg

Speak Now TV on June 2nd?

edit: nevermind, someone else had already mentioned this

Edited by ProudLBS

Okay, so now give us Speak Now TV announcement and we're good :giraffe:

The video had some cute scenes but I don't see myself watching this again. I don't understand how one of the best songwriters of this generation who is also known for her metaphors can be too literal.

Cardigan/Willow still her best MVs since Look.

KYtBoeg.gif

It's obvious that this video wasn't super high budget, but for what it was, I think it will do a perfectly good job. It's simple but thematically right on point, and is rewatchable enough for most people. No one outside of her base on ATRL will be criticising the directing choices :deadbanana4:

14 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

It's obvious that this video wasn't super high budget, but for what it was, I think it will do a perfectly good job. It's simple but thematically right on point, and is rewatchable enough for most people. No one outside of her base on ATRL will be criticising the directing choices :deadbanana4:

This stanbase will critize every move and then cry when she pulls a Rihanna-style career shift

Edited by YellowRibbon

Another really weird Spotify update (not for Taylor this time). Flowers gains 1.2M out of nowhere, Kill Bill loses 400K, Nonsense loses 1.2M (!!!) and goes from #13 to #50. Plus a lot of songs gaining or losing 200-300k just for fun. This is all very stupid, honestly. I don't know what's the goal behind this.

5 hours ago, Starchild said:

There isn't one day where y'all don't ***** about something huh?

D500F83B-3AF6-4217-A015-826F7BBB19C6.jpe

I hope she pulls a Rihanna soon and takes a 7 year break 

2 hours ago, Holiest Dreams said:

We’re going to be getting the same “she’s the worst director of all time” meltdowns every time she releases a music video from here on out, huh? :rip: 

She is not going to stop directing her videos and she’s doing more than fine. I would agree she needs to bring her all for her movie, and I’m not saying she doesn’t still have a lot to learn or improve on. But these are just music videos, and she’s not going for a big cinema-style video this era either. There’s just nothing glaringly wrong to any average person about these videos and her skill level is more than fine for the style she’s going for. And lbr y’all would not say one single thing about the direction if someone else’s name was slapped on it instead of hers. 

couldn't have said it better...

Edited by Michael196

1 minute ago, Bonicap said:

Another really weird Spotify update (not for Taylor this time). Flowers gains 1.2M out of nowhere, Kill Bill loses 400K, Nonsense loses 1.2M (!!!) and goes from #13 to #50. Plus a lot of songs gaining or losing 200-300k just for fun. This is all very stupid, honestly. I don't know what's the goal behind this.

Would've, Could've, Should've re enters Us spotify at #79 :bloo: with almost 400K streams.

It is going viral somewhere? What it's happening?

good for LH at #28 (+12). I guess top 20 today. 

Just now, vale9001 said:

Would've, Could've, Should've re enters Us spotify at #79 :bloo: with almost 400K streams.

It is going viral somewhere? What it's happening?

good for LH at #28 (+12). I guess top 20 today. 

Ok, I was only looking at the Global chart. 99.9% it's because of that autoplay thing, just like all the other songs with weird spikes. Lavender Haze on the other hand should be because of the MV announcement, it gained 200k which is pretty normal.

It's semi cute but what's the point of doing special effects if they are gonna look as bad as that cloud

such a gorgeous video! and it doesn't really matter how the song performs from now on since it's peak and performance so far have been amazing...

and honestly we don't need more videos/singles especially if it means the tragic bottom of the album choices that have been repeated a dozen time in the past couple of pages... the only thing missing is to propose track #8 as a single :ace:

Until today her own directed videos have been well directed, I have nothing to complain. LH really fails to make you feel the song, the editing doesn't match with the rhytme and this is what a MV should do. This time we needed a real Music videos director able to direct this, to make the ryhtm a visual content. It's not about being a good or bad director, a lot of professional talented movie directors couldn't make it very well, it's just a very specifical thing. This is why there are so many directors for all life just make music videos, they have a particulare visual taste for that.  

Edited by vale9001

Its nothing groundbreaking but i like the overall aesthetic of the vid and thank god no cringe skits :clap3:
Lavender Haze is a pretty straightforward song, a tryhard storyline/dialogue wouldnt have fit in AT ALL for this.. a video that captures the vibe of the song is more than enough. Not every vid needs storylines
So i think she did a good job with this video

Edited by TaylenaStan