Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

16 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

Should we start calling miss swift directing and writing a movie a risk, or should we give the oth a few days to breathe? Hmmm :coffee:

It’s definitely a risk, but much like all the others risks she’s taken that people pretend never happened just bc she was successful, it’ll pan out in the end :gaylorcat1:

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

13 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

the real successor to barbra methinks.

I do wonder if the project will be linked with one of her albums. Or if it'll have a soundtrack with new songs. Or to establish herself as a Director, it won't be very music related at all...

She can compose the score and write one original song for the credits. A risk taker :gaycat1:.

Spoiler

Aaron will probably compose the music for the film :giraffe:.

14 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

the real successor to barbra methinks.

I do wonder if the project will be linked with one of her albums. Or if it'll have a soundtrack with new songs. Or to establish herself as a Director, it won't be very music related at all...

I think this will be completely separate. But with that said, she’s definitely going to tie her interest in directing into her music career more than ever before. I expect a full visual album sooner rather than later. My only hope is that she still casts herself and does whatever album-related films as ‘proper’ music videos (ala Beyoncé or Janelle Monae) whenever she delves this far into it. I want to see her in the visuals for her music. 

It’s also exciting for the fact that she will definitely find inspiration for her music from film-related endeavors. Which is what she needs since the well has… run dry, in terms of writing about her personal life. Midnights works but it feels like the last drop she squeezed for now. I’m guessing she will delve further into character/fictional writing from here on out.

This is not a cameo in a movie nobody cares about. She's gonna sell it like a personal project, like it'a new album. Swifties are gonna watch it 10 times each :keir:

2 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

It’s definitely a risk, but much like all the others risks she’s taken that people pretend never happened just bc she was successful, it’ll pan out in the end :gaylorcat1:

I mean, the conversation is gonna be like "my fave releasing makeup/ panties is a risk but your fave writing/ directing a movie is playing it safe". Oth are very predictable, I fear :gaycat1:.

Anyway we don't even know if it's just a Disney Plus release. A lot of Searchlight movie lately have been released there. Maybe something like 50 50. 

Just now, vale9001 said:

This is not a cameo in a movie nobody cares about. She's gonna sell it like a personal project, like it'a new album. Swifties are gonna watch it 10 times each :keir:

13 times :gaylorcat1:

When she's gonna say the movie has easter eggs for TS11 title tracks and 1989TV and swifties we'll watch it 25 times in a weekend. Coming for 50M + first weekend:bibliahh:

Just notice Martin Mcdonagh last movie is produced by Searchlight Studios too.

So reason she got this spot on variety conversations is the people behind her next movie. This means probably they really believe in her project. 

Edited by vale9001

2. Midnights - 141,636

26. folklore - 22,758

36. Lover - 19,287

39. Red TV - 18,594

42. evermore - 18,461

almost 10k pure sales for evermore :deadbanana4: total estimation: 955k+

At least its over 40k behind Metro. Fine to be #2 like that 

7 more Midnights videos

”A Century of Romantic Normalities” is the name of her film with Searchlight Pictures

she looks good! 

it was posted but then made private. 

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

1 hour ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

7 more Midnights videos

”A Century of Romantic Normalities” is the name of her film with Searchlight Pictures

no way :wanda:

15 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

no way :wanda:

I’m basing it off the person who started watching and tweeting so take it with a grain of salt, we should find out Monday though!

11 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I’m basing it off the person who started watching and tweeting so take it with a grain of salt, we should find out Monday though!

I saw something about 11 mvs? which would mean 8 more, not counting LH...

51 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

I saw something about 11 mvs? which would mean 8 more, not counting LH...

I’m pretty sure she was referring to her total number of self-directed videos, if this is actually true. It would add up to 11 including the 3 Midnights MVs. But of course I’d love to be proven wrong.

11 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Midnights #16 on aoty's year-end aggregate list :redface:

Her best performing pop album there since 1989 :celestial4:

On 12/7/2022 at 11:38 PM, IBeMe said:

I know this kind of sounds pathetic but like do any of you also get this euphoric feeling when you look at your Taylor vinyl collection and CDs? Like I'm legit touching them now and spreading them on my bed and just smiling as if they were some valuable jewels :skull: 

I also low key feel "expensive" when I buy her music in physical format. It just feels so lux...I dont know how to explain it :rip: Midnights with its variants EXPECIALLY feels so luxurious to me lol

Get help chile