Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

51 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

I saw something about 11 mvs? which would mean 8 more, not counting LH...

I’m pretty sure she was referring to her total number of self-directed videos, if this is actually true. It would add up to 11 including the 3 Midnights MVs. But of course I’d love to be proven wrong.

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

11 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Midnights #16 on aoty's year-end aggregate list :redface:

Her best performing pop album there since 1989 :celestial4:

On 12/7/2022 at 11:38 PM, IBeMe said:

I know this kind of sounds pathetic but like do any of you also get this euphoric feeling when you look at your Taylor vinyl collection and CDs? Like I'm legit touching them now and spreading them on my bed and just smiling as if they were some valuable jewels :skull: 

I also low key feel "expensive" when I buy her music in physical format. It just feels so lux...I dont know how to explain it :rip: Midnights with its variants EXPECIALLY feels so luxurious to me lol

Get help chile

3 hours ago, Squall said:

2. Midnights - 141,636

26. folklore - 22,758

36. Lover - 19,287

39. Red TV - 18,594

42. evermore - 18,461

almost 10k pure sales for evermore :deadbanana4: total estimation: 955k+

Pure sales for folklore, Lover, and RED TV also increased.

Lover and folklore coming for 2M pure sales.

6 hours ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I think it needs to be an independent entity, separate from her music, or she runs the risk of not being taken seriously in the future. But that’s just my personal opinion 

I concur. This needs to be a not musical at all project. No theatrical numbers, leave that for when she guns for a Tony.

If shes doing a full feature film esp w Searchlight at the helm it better be something serious that film buffs will be forced to look at her beyond Shake It Off.

Imagine if she pulls an Olivia Wilde and gives us the 2020s version of Booksmart though :jonny5:

So happy for Taylor and the success of this era thus far! :clap3:

littlebodybigheart

i want her to make an album with dan ***** so bad :jonny:

edit: wow, they really bleeped out his name :rip:

Edited by littlebodybigheart

just saw this and her radio power is back, just like that :jonny5: 

SZA has now 20 songs in the top 23 of US Apple Music. Including the full top 9

Happy for her, but I really need Midnights to return to #1 vs her 2nd week

13 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

SZA has now 20 songs in the top 23 of US Apple Music. Including the full top 9

Happy for her, but I really need Midnights to return to #1 vs her 2nd week

I don't think she is returning to #1 anymore. 5 weeks, it is...

3 hours ago, Holiest Dreams said:

I’m pretty sure she was referring to her total number of self-directed videos, if this is actually true. It would add up to 11 including the 3 Midnights MVs. But of course I’d love to be proven wrong.

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

She hasnt even released the 3am physicals 

littlebodybigheart
12 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

how? when the 3 am editions get released, it’ll be #1 for a guaranteed 2 weeks.

on that note…

midnights is really really good. it’s been a month and i listen to it more than ever...i feel like this album is going to end up becoming my favorite of hers at some point.

32 minutes ago, LiamVillain said:

second #1

Oh wow so Midnights was just a late bloomer when it came to end of year acclaim. While I don’t really think it’s THEE #1 album of the year (Preacher’s Daughter, BFIAFL say hello :gaycat4:) I do think it deserves to be somewhere in the top 15, top 20. Top 10 would be cool but I’m keeping my hopes rational lol

35 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

There are a lot of future chances :deadbanana: 3AM physicals guarantee 1-2 more weeks at least and there will be more weeks with little competition where she can take it.

It's wild to me that a woman in the industry can receive as much scrutiny as a man coming out as a Nazi by simply being "desperate" and directing a movie :psyduck:. Like someone compared her variety interview to her "shooting someone" :deadbanana2:... 

Anyways, looks like the narrative that Midnights is missing out on year end lists acclaim fell through real fast :gaycat4: . On to the next goal post.

35 minutes ago, LiamVillain said:

spacer.png

Yeah, I saw this after my post, but she didn’t even acknowledge the number at all and just moved past that into discussing her directing. I think he just had the number of videos she’s done overall confused with how many she’s done for Midnights, and naturally didn’t want to correct him or seem rude. Because there’s no way she did more videos (as of yet at least) than AH, LH, and Bejeweled. 

37 minutes ago, LiamVillain said:

second #1

She’s getting closer to the AOTY Aggregate top 10 if she gets another 1-2 #1s or at least a few more top 5s. She should climb to #13 (:toofunny3:) with this addition. I have a feeling she might end up around that spot when it’s all said and done.

43 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

Um. Relax

7 hours ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Yeah that sounds way more realistic, and if they really meant Midnights alone then if you’re getting to 11 then what’s 2 more? :sistrens:

5 hours ago, littlebodybigheart said:

i want her to make an album with dan ***** so bad :jonny:

edit: wow, they really bleeped out his name :rip:

Sorry but no, she never hops on trends, she starts them...

4 hours ago, Steve Johnson said:

With the -1% for this week, after two weeks at #2 (this one & next) she’s kind of locked for the next 4 weeks without the need for any push if no one releases

3 hours ago, Cleanromantic said:

It's wild to me that a woman in the industry can receive as much scrutiny as a man coming out as a Nazi by simply being "desperate" and directing a movie :psyduck:. Like someone compared her variety interview to her "shooting someone" :deadbanana2:... 

Hate to be the one to say this, but while you were nowhere this extent and still free to express your opinion freely either way, it’s not like you weren’t one to jump here to criticize her in this same thread, less than 48 hours ago...

I still don’t understand what’s wrong with the ATW push, even before the movie announcement, it’s not like she’s focusing everything on that and not releasing music, we just got an entire album that is smashing without the need of heavy promo (which she doesn’t need at all even if it underperformed)  a current smash single, an upcoming one and several more potential ones if they feel like it...

She publicly supported the short film for less than 10 days in the span of the past 100+ (while still stuffing us with content left, right & center) but many here were jumping on the desperate wagon this whole time as if she’s committing a crime like you just said.

also where’s this kind of reaction to a certain extremely mediocre plant that barely releases and still has a whole campaign for every single song and project for these big awards... also Tay would never cancel a tour date in order to attend an award show...

LH is growing up good on radios. I don't know about surprises releases and stuff but right now midnights should easily dominate all january, 

Edited by vale9001