Britney Spears Could Score A Hit In 2022, Meanwhile Xtina & Avril Couldn’t. Why?

GoodGuyGoneGhetto

6 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

It’s relevant since you were acting like Elton hadn’t had a hit lately and that’s why that person corrected you in the same way :deadbanana4:

And no, it’s not really similar to Christina and Maroon 5 at all. Maroon 5 were flopping before Moves Like Jagger. 

In this situation, Hold Me Closer is coming fresh off the momentum of a smash like Cold Heart :deadbanana4:

Xtina can't even chart anymore despite latching onto artists far more relevant than her:

u3CoGVyl.png

If Demi, Ozuna, Becky G, etc can't give even get her to chart despite intense promotion, big budget videos, what will at this point? Just admit Christina is finished. Britney's next album will do far better than any album project from Xtina released since Back To Basics in 2006. They are not in the same league. 

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brainmaniac

• ProudLBS

• SinnerCity

• brazil

47 minutes ago, Blankspace2010 said:

Girl Say Something is a smash hit. It would have smashed with or without Aguilera eventually. 

Wrong. From Wikipedia: "'Say Something' did not sell significantly well until the version with Aguilera was available." :clap3:

1 minute ago, Britneyfan09 said:

Xtina can't even chart anymore despite latching onto artists far more relevant than her:

u3CoGVyl.png

If Demi, Ozuna, Becky G, etc can't give even get her to chart despite intense promotion, big budget videos, what will at this point? Just admit Christina is finished. Britney's next album will do far better than any album project from Xtina released since Back To Basics in 2006. They are not in the same league. 

Most of those songs aren’t even singles :lmao:I already addressed this. Get back to me when you can actually make an even comparison. 

If Britneys next album does do better we all know why, and it has nothing to do with them being in leagues.

41 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

This trolling too :rip: Most of those aren’t even singles at all, let alone pop radio singles unlike Hold Me Closer.

Actually only Fall In Line and Say Something are pop radio singles 

You’re being inconsistent since you said you only considered songs sent to pop radio to be singles.

And no, a song that has only been out one day like Hold Me Closer hasn’t gotten more chart points in one day than an actual hit like Say Something :lmao:

28 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

Because Avril was a fad and Legend X is (sadly) over

the "fad" still has the biggest streaming era song out of the 3 :lmao:

Head Above Water - 198,412,739
Make Me (feat. G-Eazy) - 124,615,646
Fall in Line (feat. Demi Lovato) - 72,112,623

Edited by ProudLBS

21 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

Since when has Avril ever been a singles artist?

And she's doing more than fine in her genre :coffee2:

Weekly Rock Chart:
#5 Bite Me
#5 Love It When You Hate Me (feat. blackbear)
#9 Bois Lie (feat. Machine Gun Kelly)
#27 Cannonball
#32 F.U.
#34 All I Wanted (feat. Mark Hoppus)

Reveal hidden contents

someone on Avril's team must've messed up the tagging (4 Love Sux songs that debuted with more streams than All I Wanted didn't chart), or the genre-specific charts must have some sort of cap (on Love Sux's release week everything outstreamed her song with Mod Sun and that song still charted)

Xtina not so much but as a solo act she was over by 2006 so it's understandable

Weekly Latin Chart:

#58 Santo (feat. Ozuna)
#63 Pa Mis Muchachas (feat. Becky G & Nathy Peluso)
#128 La Reina

:deadbanana:

Well because is not a solo song and according to ATRL its smashing thanks to Elton John :gaycat2:

Anyway, nice numbers for boths, maybe HMC can serve some longevity 

3 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

Most of those songs aren’t even singles :lmao:I already addressed this. Get back to me when you can actually make an even comparison. 

If Britneys next album does do better we all know why, and it has nothing to do with them being in leagues.

Fall On Me is a very fair comparison. Both are following songs that were successes (Cold Heart and Say Something). Fall On Me had a music video and major award show performances (AMAs) yet still failed to make any impact. You've been making excuses for Christina since Back To Basics. Stop comparing Christina to more relevant successful artists if you can't handle the facts. 

I'll just say this - pity and being in the media does not sell records. If it did Demi would be on top right now. Britney is more relevant than ever now musically and you all are having a hard time accepting it because Xtina hasn't had a hit of her own since Back To Basics. 

3 hours ago, Eternium said:

Christina’s Singles In Reverse Order on the Hot 100:

Sueltame- N/A

Santo - N/A

Somos Nada - N/A

Pa Mis Muchachas - N/A

Reflection - N/A

Loyal Brave True - N/A

Fall On Me - N/A

Haunted Heart - N/A

Like I Do - N/A

Fall In Line - N/A

Accelerate - N/A

Telepathy - N/A

Change - N/A

We Remain - N/A

Say Something - #4

Hold Me Closer in one day got more chart points than any of Christina’s last 14 singles managed in any given week :clap3: 

Fourteen flops in a row.

11 minutes ago, Aristide said:

Wrong. From Wikipedia: "'Say Something' did not sell significantly well until the version with Aguilera was available." :clap3:

It would have eventually - those types are always slow starters. So you’re wrong. Say something was a guaranteed smash! Sorry not sorry x 

3 hours ago, Eternium said:

Christina’s Singles In Reverse Order on the Hot 100:

Sueltame- N/A

Santo - N/A

Somos Nada - N/A

Pa Mis Muchachas - N/A

Reflection - N/A

Loyal Brave True - N/A

Fall On Me - N/A

Haunted Heart - N/A

Like I Do - N/A

Fall In Line - N/A

Accelerate - N/A

Telepathy - N/A

Change - N/A

We Remain - N/A

Say Something - #4

Hold Me Closer in one day got more chart points than any of Christina’s last 14 singles managed in any given week :clap3: 

Oh my god. Truly XTIN/A. :redface:

12 minutes ago, Britneyfan09 said:

Fall On Me is a very fair comparison. Both are following songs that were successes (Cold Heart and Say Something). Fall On Me had a music video and major award show performances (AMAs) yet still failed to make any impact. You've been making excuses for Christina since Back To Basics. Stop comparing Christina to more relevant successful artists if you can't handle the facts. 

I'll just say this - pity and being in the media does not sell records. If it did Demi would be on top right now. Britney is more relevant than ever now musically and you all are having a hard time accepting it because Xtina hasn't had a hit of her own since Back To Basics. 

Fall On Me is not a fair comparison either. It came out 6 years after Say Something :rip: The momentum was long gone by then. Also, A Great Big World were no longer on a major label by then, and their new indie label didn’t have any power to push the song and the song was never even released to pop radio. 

Cold Heart came out a year ago if not less and the song was a slow burner on The Hot 100, and if I’m not mistaken the song was still charting on The Hot 100 last week or at least in recent weeks, so the momentum is extremely fresh :rip: 

Not to mention, Hold Me Closer has a radio deal :rip:

Fall In Line didn’t get a radio deal. It wasn’t even sent to radio until a month later :rip: 

Pity does help. You see what it did for Britney back in the day. And it helped Demi too. That’s why her first releases did fairly well. Even a random song she performed at the Grammys charted. But it runs out at same point, just like it did for Britney after Circus. 

Edited by brainmaniac

9 minutes ago, Blankspace2010 said:

It would have eventually - those types are always slow starters. So you’re wrong. Say something was a guaranteed smash! Sorry not sorry x 

It was a guaranteed smash because of lead artist Christina? Perhaps. You're only saying it was destined to be successful because you have the benefit of hindsight.

4 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

Xtina last hit was almost +15 years old :deadbanana4: I was in kindergarten 

Xtina’s last MultiPlatinum hit in the US according to the RIAA: Say Something

Britney's last MultiPlatinum hit in the US according to the RIAA: N/A; she’s never had one lmao hahahahahhahahah

12 minutes ago, Britneyfan09 said:

Wtf? Britney is far more relevant in the media than Demi and has been for quite a while. Helps that Britney much more recognizable and is more respected recently too.

1 hour ago, brainmaniac said:

The trolling :biblio: Christina hasn’t even released a single to Pop radio in 2022.

Christina’s single Santo actually was a hit on Latin radio.

That Avril song definitely flopped on Pop radio.

This trolling too :rip: Most of those aren’t even singles at all, let alone pop radio singles unlike Hold Me Closer.

Actually only Fall In Line and Say Something are pop radio singles 

You’re being inconsistent since you said you only considered songs sent to pop radio to be singles.

And no, a song that has only been out one day like Hold Me Closer hasn’t gotten more chart points in one day than an actual hit like Say Something :lmao:

Say Something is from 10 years ago!!

Make Me charted on the Hot 100

Slumber Party charted on the Hot 100

Liberartions singles didn't 

Take the L 

37 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

the "fad" still has the biggest streaming era song out of the 3 :lmao:

Don't the fans get frustrated Avril hasn't changed her sound in 20 years? She's going to be 40 in a year or two, yet her new music sounds like it's coming from someone half her age!

Edited by Aristide

she had to attached herself to living legend elton and still sound like robot. no thanks, we dont need "hits" like that.

6 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

Fall On Me is not a fair comparison either. It came out 6 years after Say Something :rip: The momentum was long gone by then. Also, A Great Big World were no longer on a major label by then, and their new indie label didn’t have any power to push the song and the song was never even released to pop radio. 

Cold Heart came out a year ago if not less and the song was a slow burner on The Hot 100, and if I’m not mistaken the song was still charting on The Hot 100 last week or at least in recent weeks, so the momentum is extremely fresh :rip: 

Not to mention, Hold Me Closer has a radio deal :rip:

Fall In Line didn’t get a radio deal. It wasn’t even sent to radio until a month later :rip: 

Pity does help. You see what it did for Britney back in the day. And it helped Demi too. That’s why her first releases did fairly well. Even a random song she performed at the Grammys charted. But it runs out at same point, just like it did for Britney after Circus. 

All excuses. 

Everything Demi released after her breakdown flopped. Even Anyone failed to do anything despite being performed at the Grammys.

Femme Fatale was a #1 Platinum album with 3 top 10 hits. It was a bigger success than anything Xtina has done since Back To Basics in 2016 and is eligible for 2x Platinum. 

Britney Jean and Glory both still had Top 20 platinum hits. Britney still has a fanbase and interest. Hold Me Closer proves that with the right song, Britney can still be successful in 2022 and the streaming era. Xtina couldn't even make it in the digital era on her own. She hasn't had a successful song off her own album since Keeps Getting Better in 2008 and even that free fell hard after week 1. 

1 hour ago, brainmaniac said:

Christina’s single Santo actually was a hit on Latin radio.

Not really when Bad Bunny, Karol G, and Shakira are charting on the Hot 100 with Spanish songs. Those are actual hits. 

1 minute ago, Insanity said:

Take the L 

Uneven comparison here. Glory singles came out in the last year of the digital era, not to mention Make Me had a radio deal

By the time, Liberation came out, digital sales were dead, which is why Fall In Line went to #101, despite going to #1 on iTunes. It had no radio deal either. Not to mention the song leaked like 2 months early 

1 minute ago, vuelve88 said:

Not really when Bad Bunny, Karol G, and Shakira are charting on the Hot 100 with Spanish songs. Those are actual hits. 

Have any of those songs gone top 10 on the Hot 100? No. Shakira hasn’t had a top 10 since 2007.

ah beautiful legend x still can riled up those poor spears fans with ease lol 

they are breaking those legs pulling some nonsense numbers, just to proove nothing. 

she is remaining happy, beaufitul and with her familly, happy and talented :D

5 minutes ago, Insanity said:

Take the L 

No solo songs from Glory charted. Britney hasn’t had a solo hit in ages.

2 minutes ago, D.M.F said:

No solo songs from Glory charted. Britney hasn’t had a solo hit in ages.

D.M.F

Edited by unclefloprry

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.