Britney Spears Could Score A Hit In 2022, Meanwhile Xtina & Avril Couldn’t. Why?

GoodGuyGoneGhetto

Spears’ new song has defied all expectations, debuting with extremely impressive numbers despite being musically AWOL for the past 6/7 years. 

This song has also posted better numbers than any song both Aguilera and Lavigne could from their respective, full-length, albums.

Spears is clearly on the verge of garnering a WW hit in 2022, meanwhile her peers aren’t able to attain nor obtain a similar level of singles success.

Why?

• Is the Princess of Pop not to be undermined?

• Will Spears’ new album smash and will she transition into the streaming era better than anyone from the early 00’s aside from Beyoncé?

:jonny4:

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brainmaniac

• ProudLBS

• SinnerCity

• Into The Void

Let’s not count our chickens before they hatch. But this is definitely off to an amazing start and proves so many of her haters wrong. To think she’s about to score another hit 24 years in :jonny5: 

Avril at least got airplay for Love It When You Hate Me, unlike Xtinct :clap3:

But yes Brit is currently on a good start and I'm so happy for her :msmarvel:

2 minutes ago, D.M.F said:

With those stats, it looks like it won’t even chart on the Hot 100 this week. Stop trolling Britney stan!

It could peak at #90 on the Hot 100 and still post a better performance than others who couldn’t do the same.

Also, forget the WW numbers, a 1M+ debut on U.S Spotify (of all platforms) is fantastic especially from an artist who is said to be commercially expired. 

Others could only wish, I fear.

:redface:

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

Now why you gotta add the good sis Avril into this conversation? Drag P!nk instead for releasing "Irrelevant" instead of You Make Me Sick 2.0 :eli:

With those stats, it looks like it won’t even chart on the Hot 100 this week. Stop trolling Britney stan!

Songs with less chart on the hot 100? And u know that

People are really rooting for Britney right now. I feel like the song is destined to be a smash in Europe; new versions of past hits are a surefire way to do well plus Elton & Britney have a lot of star power.

3 minutes ago, D.M.F said:

Are you sure about that? :fan:

Let's not speak too early but a 3 million debut on Spotify is really an amazing start for Britney:clap3:hope it will have some longevity

Just now, D.M.F said:

Christina’s Singles In Reverse Order on the Hot 100:

Sueltame- N/A

Santo - N/A

Somos Nada - N/A

Pa Mis Muchachas - N/A

Reflection - N/A

Loyal Brave True - N/A

Fall On Me - N/A

Haunted Heart - N/A

Like I Do - N/A

Fall In Line - N/A

Accelerate - N/A

Telepathy - N/A

Change - N/A

We Remain - N/A

Say Something - #4

Hold Me Closer in one day got more chart points than any of Christina’s last 14 singles managed in any given week :clap3: 

Just now, Bloodflowers. said:

Now why you gotta add the good sis Avril into this conversation? Drag P!nk instead for releasing "Irrelevant" instead of You Make Me Sick 2.0 :eli:

That song is so irrelevant, I didn’t even remember it existed.

:redface:

1 minute ago, MrLovett said:

Christina’s career has been dead for over a decade. 

She has a more recent MultiPlatinum album than Britney and MultiPlatinum single than her. If Xtina’s career has been dead for that long, why’s that the case?

No need to drag Avril, she's doing amazing on her own so let's not. 

It's too soon to know whether or not this song is going to be a hit but the response has been fantastic so let's hope it only gets bigger.

Legends Elton and Britney did that :heart:

Can you not? It's been one day. Some of you trying to drag other artists to lift up Britney is so lame. :rip:

Britney Spears hasn’t had a Hot 100 top 10 since 2012 lmao. :rip: I saw people comparing her to Beyonce in the other thread lol.

Just now, D.M.F said:

She has a more recent MultiPlatinum album than Britney and MultiPlatinum single than her. If Xtina’s career has been dead for that long, why’s that the case?

Britney sold and is still selling more tho, how you gonna spin that love?

9 minutes ago, D.M.F said:

All these years stanning Xtina certainly made you an expert in the non-charting territory. I will have to take your word for it since you've seen to have the experience required. Legend X's impact indeed.

Perfume and Say Something were released on the same day. Perfume did better on iTunes on it’s first week and still ended up flopping while SS ended up smashing.

1 minute ago, SinnerCity said:

Britney sold and is still selling more tho, how you gonna spin that love?

All these years stanning Xtina certainly made you an expert in the non-charting territory. I will have to take your word for it since you've seen to have the experience required. Legend X's impact indeed.

:dies:

I remember y’all thinking Toxic Pony was going to smash too. LMAO!

1 minute ago, D.M.F said:

Drop it sweetie, you're giving lunatic vibes. Not a good look. 

5 out of 21+ replies being yours though. Breathe. Log out for a bit.  :deadbanana4:

6 minutes ago, Proseductice said:

Can you not? It's been one day. Some of you trying to drag other artists to lift up Britney is so lame. :rip:

GoodGuy isn’t an Army member. But yeah, this thread should be aimed at Christina and Justin Timberlake. We love Avril.

Also, let’s not forget that the Army has been part of major streaming campaigns to help her peers on the charts like Beyonce and Nicki. We have been supportive of other artists for years

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.